TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Discovery Kingdom Media Preview & 2007 Season

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, Shapiro is really paying attention to detail here. Its still not Disney, by any means, but this is pushing the envelope for the Six Flags we know when it comes to theming.

I can't wait to see more opening weekend photos! It looks like the park may go off to have a better future under Shapiro!

^^ shouldn't be an issue, MWAUSA had always been open year round prior to Premier/SF. Of course that was one of the reasons they almost went bankrupt, but hopefully now that they'll have the attendance, they can bring back year round operation without breaking the bank.

Excellent pics Sean, park looks fantastic!

I still don't understand why they completely changed the name. Hasn't this park always been known as Marine World? I dunno. I just don't see the point of changing a 20 year old name.

Did the name "Marine World" have a bad rep, or something?

I can see changing the name...it gives the park a new lease on life so to speak. The park is now a totally different place and it would only be fitting to change the name to reflect all the changes that has gone on inside the park!

^^ shouldn't be an issue, MWAUSA had always been open year round prior to Premier/SF. Of course that was one of the reasons they almost went bankrupt, but hopefully now that they'll have the attendance, they can bring back year round operation without breaking the bank.

Excellent pics Sean, park looks fantastic!

ill keep my fingers crossed. i remember the weather being slightly better in their previous city though...

V2 looks like fun, does the front spike go upside down?

I thought that part was the back spike. Maybe I'm wrong.

I'm liking the updates. I'm going to definitely drive up there some time and check it out.

It's the front spike and the twist is at a 45 degree angle or something. I really like V2's colors and all of the improvements/signs. I hope this sets a standard for the chain and all of the SF parks get a little more customized and unique like this one.