Photo TR: Bell's Last Summer

New photos from March 22 on page 4
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Archived Photo Trip Reports of Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, and Donkeys!
Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Photo TR: Bell's Last Summer

Postby Shavethewhales » Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:33 pm

With Bell's being demolished as we speak, many will never be able to see the beauty the park displayed in it's old location. Here are some photos I took last summer for those who never made the trip.

Keep in mind many of these photos were taken only a little while after the massive storm, so the park wasn't at it's peak; it was still fabulous though...

This is only a small collection of what I have, if you are interested in seeing more, I have loads more photos on my site - http://www.superstevessupersite.com/par ... sindex.php
Zingo2.JPG
Yup, Zingo... it completely reigned over the park and always managed to look spectacular, no matter what the condition of the park.
bmidway3.JPG
There really weren't very many places in the park where Zingo wasn't visible.
logflume2.JPG
The log flume was a load of fun as well.
logflume.JPG
Obligatory splash-down shot.
zingo1.JPG
I can't say these hills were loaded with air, but they did have some. Besides, the ride was just fun the ride regardless.
skyride2.JPG
Ah, I took so many great shots from the skyride...
octopus.JPG
Yup, bell's did have a small collection of flats clustered on one end. Most of them were pretty fun.
bmidway6.JPG
Yeah, at this point they still had Phantasmagoria's facade and a few canopies to replace still. It didn't usually look like this.
chilly.JPG
These were loads of fun; they got you wetter than almost any other water ride I've been on.
brake.JPG
Gotta love the old fashioned squeeze breaks on Zingo, hope they still have these on the re-build.
bmidway4.JPG
The eastern end of the park was quite a bit more spaced out and wooded than the fair side.
carousel.JPG
Here's the 'fair' side again.
mindmelt.JPG
Funny how Bell's was deemed unprofitable, yet they were still able to add rides and had so many more new attractions lined up. This was new in 2004.
zingo6.JPG
Notice how Zingo dives under a gift shop mid-course.
zingo3.JPG
Zingo was able to pull off these curves almost painlessly (most of the time).
coastersite1.JPG
One last shot. This is what could have been... no, not 'field: the ride', this was where that new GG was going to be. No growth potential my A$$...

I'll have red wine with my slice of donkey.

Postby DarkMeasures » Thu Mar 01, 2007 10:03 pm

Looks like a small fun park.

SLC's Rule!

Postby kennywood!007 » Fri Mar 02, 2007 9:09 am

Its ashame it's closing. Looks like a nice small, calm park. Zingo looks really awesome.

Harry Potter is a sick donkey.

Postby Coasterboy2 » Fri Mar 02, 2007 9:37 am

^^ The old location is closing, it's just being rebuld somewhere else with more room to expand.

It's looks like a fun park to me. :)

Don't make me kick you in the donkey!

Postby verticalzero » Fri Mar 02, 2007 9:51 am

What a "lovely" 1st pic of the sun catching the supports.

If I owned a wooden coaster, I would add colour changing lights under the structure pointing upwards, as soon as the train went down the 1st drop, the lights would switch off ( only leave handrail bulb on) till the train returned to the station.

I wish Bell's the best of luck for finding another area for their attractions and hope to see them working soon.
"Roller coaster design is a science, as well as an art: a state of pure bliss".

--------------------------------------

Harry Potter is a sick donkey.

Postby Mr Pete » Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:55 pm

Must admit, I did like Bell's when I visited in 2003. Zingo was a excellent little woodie, I really do hope it find's a new home....

Randomness

Postby coasterdude5 » Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:34 pm

Looked like a nice park, (except for the fair side, maybe.)

It reminded me alot of Libertyland.

Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Postby Shavethewhales » Fri Mar 02, 2007 3:23 pm

Here's a few more photos. Many of these are from later in the season after Bell's was able to clean up a bit more.
zingo1.JPG
Mmmmmmmmm...
zingo2.JPG
That massive inflatable beer bottle in the background was only there for the fair. Although, it would make an interesting theming element if they kept it up year-round.
zingo4.JPG
overview4.JPG
The fair side got a bit better later in the year, but the peculiar signage that replaced Phantasmagoria's massive facade still kinda made the area lose some of it's old feel.
gailinggulls.JPG
This ride replaced the vintage ferris wheel that was destroyed by the huge storm this year.
himalaya.JPG
The Himalaya always provided long, forceful rides.
gailinggulls2.JPG
It's a dark picture, but you can see the massive flag Bell's flew every so often on their massive flag pole.
statefair.JPG
And finally, I give you: The Future of Bell's! Are you happy, taxpayers?

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby daveydo5172 » Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:06 pm

Is the new location going to be promising? Isnt it good news that there moving to a bigger place?

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby mr_teisco_delrey » Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:13 pm

Are they still looking at the site in Sand Springs? I am still hoping they go to Jenks. All in all, it's king of a drag they're having to move. When I went to TU, I could walk there. What a great location it was. Thank you for nothing fairgrounds :(

Next

Return to Photo Trip Report Archive