TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

"It's back. It's upgraded. Are you ready?"

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No offense, HAJiME, but at much as we don't mind active members posting about other sites and promoting their own, your post was pretty damn "spammish."

At least when we go post about TPR updates and stuff on other sites, we contribute photos, trip reports, information, etc.

You'll never see a post on any other message board from TPR that is just a "link." Why? Because it's pretty freaking rude.

You could have at least given us some bullet points as to what's changed, why it was down, what's great about the site, etc, etc.... *PROMOTE* your site, don't just link to it. I highly doubt many people will even bother to click the link without any additional information.

I know I wont....

Just FYI.....

--Robb

The European Coaster Club will be attending Thorpe Park tomorrow.

Thorpe Park have listed "Stealth" to go from 0-80mph in under 2 sec's.

http://www.thorpepark.com/explore_the_park/stealth/stealth.asp?css=2

Also, the area around "Samurai" is getting filled in ready for a new coaster in 2008/9 season, could be the UK's 1st Floorless

X: No Way Out will be upgraded later after Easter hols.

The European Coaster Club will be attending Thorpe Park tomorrow.

Thorpe Park have listed "Stealth" to go from 0-80mph in under 2 sec's.

http://www.thorpepark.com/explore_the_park/stealth/stealth.asp?css=2

Also, the area around "Samurai" is getting filled in ready for a new coaster in 2008/9 season, could be the UK's 1st Floorless

X: No Way Out will be upgraded later after Easter hols.

cant wait to see a X:\NWO refurb, the poor bastards been rejected for the past 7/8 years...

this thread is a bit ideal for me, im going to thorpe park on the 15th of february for my b day, but i wanna know how much fast passes are this year since every time i been i bought VIP fast passes for me and my friends, anyone know how much they are this year, im looking for some more information about thorpe park this year

^ I don't know, but seeing as they are advertising this as Stealth 1.1, maybe we could see stealth 1.2 and 1.3 etc in the future!

Well I agree it didn't feel any different. I went on opening day and when the ride did finally open at about 11.30am (I may be wrong with that time but it was closed pretty much the whole morning) it launched ONCE and then we all heard the familiar announcement, and it was down once again. I must say it was back up again pretty quickly though so it wasn't too bad, and other than that I didn't notice it experiencing any other downtime throughout the rest of the day. However it did practically stop as cresting the top hat, unfortunately I was not on this run.

As for X I was informed by a member of staff that it will definately be closed later this year for its much deserved retheme. As I have said before I think a figure of £60,000 was signed off for the ride, so it could be interesting as to what they do with it.

As for X I was informed by a member of staff that it will definately be closed later this year for its much deserved retheme. As I have said before I think a figure of £60,000 was signed off for the ride, so it could be interesting as to what they do with it.

Buy a huge box of matches hopefully X is one strange ride

How quickly did Stealth launch before the 'upgrade' then? We'll be there on 13th May, so hopefully it'll be working that day. On our last trip, it didn't open until about midday, and none of the Thorpe staff had a clue why it was shut or how long it would be shut for. Mind you, X:\NWO didn't open until midday that day either, but then at least it did open, half the park was shut the day we were there.

Well, Stealth used to launch from 0-80 in 2.3.

RCDB has changed the info on Stealth's page to 0-80 in 1.9...

I would have thought you could feel that difference. But it definately did not feel any different on Saturday the 10th. I know people who've ridden TTD and Stealth and say Stealth's launch felt more intense, so if they can notice a difference of 6mph per second you'd be able to notice the difference of 7mph per second... right?

Please correct me if i'm wrong, but if Stealth really does now do 0-80 in 1.9 secs, it's the fastest accelerating intamin accelerator in the world?

Stealth (1.1) - 42

Kingda Ka - 37

Storm Runner - 36

Xcelerator - 36

Stealth (old) - 35

Zaturn - 35

Superman Escape - 31

Top Thrill Dragster - 30

Desert Race - 26

Speed Monster - 25

Rita - 24

Furious Baco - 24

Skycar - 19

(increase in miles per hour per second *estimate*)

Either they havn't upgraded it yet, or it's marketing lies.

Someone could sent an email or speak to a member of staff when they visit the park about "Stealth's" tweeking for this season.

The Stealth's trains must be one of the fastest things on Earth for quickness.

Can the human body take anything quicker than "Stealth"'s launch..?

How about 0-80mph in 1 or 1.5 sec's..?

Well I didn't really think it made that much of a difference, but I have always thought that Stealth is a great ride and so it doesn't make much difference to me.

Well they updated the site a while ago with the opening times for the 2007 season and we were all quite excited over here as it was plannned to be Thorpe's longest open season to date. Now though after being disspaointed with the poor start to the season last weekend we have even more dissapointment. They have now taken the christmas opening dates off the opening times calender on the site.

They have now taken the christmas opening times of the opening times calender on the site.

What?! BUU! I wanted to go on Christmas eve and New Years Day just to say i had.

>:C

But yeah, they've realised only enthusiasts will come. And they've grown some brains and realised that training their staff to deal with hundreds of angry enthusiasts on Christmas eve is just gunan cost way too much. In psychiatric funds.

So sad!

I was planning on going during the christmas opening time aswell, meh!

Well yeh I agree with you on that one, they have also realised that they are either going to have to offer extremely low ticket prices with very limited ride availability or next season we will see a repeat of a poor opening week.

All I can say is bring on the 2009 coaster, that's Thorpe's chance to impress us all.

tp.bmp

No Christmas at Thorpe!

Can the human body take anything quicker than "Stealth"'s launch..?

Don't the SaS air launchers do something completely ridiculous like 100mph in 1.5 seconds?

I think those are the quickest.

The human body could take a great deal more (5G launch), so long as the force isn't sustained (Which it wouldn't be. A launch that quick would reach any speed desired in a split second).

But it certainly wouldn't feel comfortable and would no doubt cause endless, horrible problems for the mechanical system used.

I seriously doubt Thorpe Park changed anything, to be honest. It's just a really clever marketing idea to get an extra year of "newness" from their installation...

"Hey Fred, have you ridden Stealth?"

"Yeah! I went last year"

"But now its faster. It's like, so much better"

"Oh..."

Fred then feels like his achievement of riding Stealth has been beaten and returns to the park to reclaim the bragging rights