TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Female themed coasters

Ok, I was bored tonight and decided to browse through RCDB in an attempt to find female themed coasters. See if there are any that I missed.

Obviously female themed coasters:

Medusa - Six Flags Great Adventure

Medusa - Six Flags Marine World

Medusa - Six Flags Mexico

Poison Ivy's Tangled Train - Six Flags New England

Sky Princess - Dutch Wonderland

Twisted Twins (Lola and Stella) - Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom

Queen Bee - Botton's Pleasure Beach

Rita - Queen of Speed - Alton Towers

Gadget's Go-Coaster - Disneyland

Gadget's Go-Coaster - Tokyo Disneyland

Venus - Space World

Regina - Tobu Zoo Park

Probably female, but depends on what you call theming:

Nessi - Coney Beach Pleasure Park

Nessi - Ocean Beach Amusement Park

Nessie - Hansa Park

Nessie - Luneur

Loch Ness Monster - Busch Gardens Europe

(The Loch Ness Monster is generally considered to be female. Is the coaster having the same name as a female critter good enough to be considered a female coaster?)

Kraken - SeaWorld Orlando

(Kraken can be both male and female, but this one has eggs in the queue. Does that automatically make it female?)

The "Jeff Johnson" female coasters

Hello Kitty Angel Coaster - Harmonyland

Hello Kitty Angel Coaster - Lina World

Hello Kitty Angel Coaster - Seibuen Yuenchi

(Are the Hello Kitty coasters based on the single female character, or on the entire product line? If Hello Kitty is the only character on the ride, I'd consider it female. If all the characters are present, I'd consider them gender neutral.)

Papillons d'Alice - Jardin d’Acclimatation

("Alice's Butterflies" This one I found on RCDB, and I can't tell if it has much theming at all. It has a female name in it's name, but seems to be butterfly themed.)

Eejanaika at Fuji-Q Highland also had a lot of feminine advertising before the coaster opened, but the coaster itsself apparently doesn't have any.

Discuss!

-Julie

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't have any to add off the top of my head, but I can verify a few!

- On a PR day for Kraken, the director told us the story of "Kraken" and that she is a female, protecting her eggs.

- The Hello Kitty Angel Coasters are JUST Hello Kitty, no other characters so those count also!

^Oh snap. I always thought they were themed to Inspector Gadget for some reason. Mainly 'cause he always said "go go gadget (insert gadget)", hence the name Gadget's Go Coaster. I guess I probably should have looked at the pics a little closer. My bad. Thanks Robb.

Well, at one point "Twisted Twins" was actually called "Twisted Sisters" and they never did tell us exactly what the "Twins" are....so I'd like to think they are still "Lola" and "Stella" at heart!

--Robb

I want to say that I remember seeing directional signs with "Lola" and "Stella" on them when you got up under the station in the queue. Not sure if I am remembering that from more recently, or from their Twisted Sisters days.

-Julie

Yes, that is a picture of a female black widow with the hourglass on its butt that most people accociate with. Like I said, it is a stretch but I would still concider it a female themed coaster. IMO

LOL. Didn't realize how contraversial Black widow is. I guess this is just one of those types that is boarderline!

eh.

The female black widow is the deadly one of the species--the poor male is killed and eaten after mating.

So, yeah, I think Black Widow counts as a female coaster--especially if it kills and eats all male riders.