TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Universal Studios Florida Announces Blue Man Group

This morning Universal Orlando Resort announced that BLUE MAN GROUP will be coming in Summer 2007. This family friendly, exciting and fast paced show will take place in a new "State of the Art" theater which will have access to both Universal Studios and Citywalk. Theme Park Review was at the press event and here are a few photos and a video of the event and Blue Man Group. Enjoy!!

BLUE MAN GROUP OPENING IN JUNE 2007

ORLANDO, Fla. (Nov. 9, 2006) – Blue Man Group, the wildly successful live entertainment experience is coming to Universal Orlando Resort, opening June 2007.

The arrival of Blue Man Group – which will permanently occupy a newly created live performance venue accessible from both Universal CityWalk and Universal Studios – will add an entirely new dimension in live entertainment for Universal Orlando theme park guests and Florida residents.

The unique style of Blue Man entertainment has been experienced by more than 10 million people worldwide. They have entertained audiences of all ages with their live stage shows, their touring rock concert, television programming and albums.

And now, Blue Man Group will bring their live show to Universal Orlando Resort. The show will combine music, comedy and multimedia theatrics to create the blissful party atmosphere that is a Blue Man Group trademark.

“Universal Orlando constantly seeks out fresh, innovative entertainment experiences for its guests,” said Tom Williams, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer for Universal Parks and Resorts. “Blue Man Group is a natural partner for us. Their presence at Universal Orlando will change the live entertainment landscape for all of Central Florida.”

“Universal Orlando goes above and beyond any theme park, creating cool, stimulating experiences for their guests. And people come to the park looking for a great time and knowing they are going to have their minds blown by top quality rides and entertainment-- it’s the perfect place for a Blue Man show,” said Blue Man Group Co-founder Chris Wink.

Blue Man Group will perform from a specially created theater at Universal Studios. The building once housed Nickelodeon Studios and is being re-designed as a 1,000-seat theater complete with its own box office. The Blue Man Group show is being custom-designed for Universal Orlando and will include elements of the group’s existing shows as well as newly created material.

Tickets for the new show go on sale immediately, with opening night set for June 7. Contact the Universal ticket line at 888-340-5476 or visit www.universalorlando.com for more information.

Blue Man Group applies its unique creative process to a wide variety of projects, including their wildly popular theatrical shows located in 7 cities worldwide, their touring rock concert “How To Be a Megastar 2.0,” and the recording of three albums; the Grammy nominated Audio, The Complex, which became the musical basis for The Complex Rock Tour, and Live At The Venetian ® ¬- Las Vegas, available exclusively on iTunes ©. Blue Man Group has also ventured into film and TV scoring (most recently the animated feature Robots), commercial campaigns (such as Intel), and television programs (like the recurring storyline in “Arrested Development”). As the company grows, it remains true to its vision of providing exciting experiences in a variety of media, which appeal to a broad range of age groups and cultural backgrounds.

The Universal Orlando Resort destination (www.universalorlando.com) includes two dramatically distinct and adjacent theme parks, the Universal Studios motion picture and television theme park and Islands of Adventure, Orlando's most thrilling and exhilarating theme park. Universal Orlando also includes CityWalk, a 30-acre dining, shopping, club and live-entertainment venue as well as premier on-site Loews hotels and world-class film and television production facilities.

DSC03330.jpg.937b463465cc3cc4565dafc917447930.jpg

Of course you have to have the TPR exclusive Coaster shot of Dueling Dragons through the trees from far away... Yeah!

DSC03329.jpg.6f441a317edb90418bf91afca165fc6d.jpg

There they are! The Blue Man Group along with the VP of Universal, the creators of BMG and the Orlando Mayor.

DSC03324.jpg.004ed7cae99f5d99dd55038a2c4d771d.jpg

Ahh Ha! I see something behind those columns of colored water...

DSC03319.jpg.3c8092e2490fbb14b7123336063ee8c1.jpg

A red carpet awaits! The new face of entertainment.... hmmmm.

DSC03318.jpg.52b566b6d67cc9fe9e91f758ebb7870f.jpg

We arrived at the top secret location and this logo seems to be the theme of the day...what could it be?

DSC03331.jpg.3d923a3eacf76b0b42be5698f4dc8638.jpg

There is a lot of BLUE at Universal already.. what could this press event be about?!?

bmg3.zip

Here is a quick look at the press event and the Blue Man Groups performance.

bmg3.mov

Streaming Version

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coolness. Its good to see Universal going for a show to add to its Citywalk in an attempt at competing with Disney and Pleasure Island. I've never really been interested in seeing La Noube, but I may want to see BMG at some point.

Glad to see TPR was there representin'.

A very cool addition...

I believe these shows have quite a bit of universal appeal (no pun intended). I have seen people of all ages attending (and enjoying!) their shows. Their combination of music, comedy, and audience interaction simply can't be beat--you are truly into the show, unlike some shows in which you just feel like you're watching a film.

BMG was pitched to Universal in 1998, and UO turned it down. Funny, now they are coming back and living in SS18. That's leaving less soundstages for production. Looks like UOis going the way of MGM.

SS18 would be the old Nick Studios and nothing's been shot there in a very long time, so it won't affect anything.

One of my dreams has come true. Heres to hoping that they will come out with some sort of frequent visitor pass, because I will be going alot. The one thing that I hope doesn't happen is that the show remains the same for over ten years (I know I am getting ahead of myself here). Cirque de Soleil has been open for a good while and very little of La Nouba has changed since its opening.

They already came to Milwaukee on the 22. We win. hah.

Too bad that was the concert tour and not the stage show. Different. I've seen both. The stage show in Vegas was quite different from the How to Be A Megastar Tour 2.0 that I saw here in Cincinnati. I'm psyched that there's a new permanent BMG location in this country, as I love the shows.

-James Dillaman

Personally, I don't think this is a good idea...I think the HUGE Nick building could be used for something else (eventhough some will say Universal just got a new ride)...Maybe it's just because I don't like BMG, but I think that this will become a waste of space. Just imagine what possibly could be put in the Nick building instead..

Personally, I don't think this is a good idea...I think the HUGE Nick building could be used for something else (eventhough some will say Universal just got a new ride)...Maybe it's just because I don't like BMG, but I think that this will become a waste of space. Just imagine what possibly could be put in the Nick building instead..

They're using a part of the building, the one closest to City Walk.

• 2 weeks later...