TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Moreys,Gillians,CastawayCove,SteelPier,Blackbeard - Photo TR

So yeah.... I wanted to go to Steel Pier before it closes forever at the end of this year... But its was only 2 coasters.. So it seemed like a long drive for 2 rides.. So I added 14 other coasters("16" in all...) And then.. I made it a day trip

Plan was to get up at 3am... Drive all the way down to Wildwoood to be at Moreys when they open... Then make the short drive up to the 2 Ocean City parks.. Then to Steel Pier.... And then Storybook Land... And the last stop of the trip would be Blackbeards Cave.. So I would do the longest drive first and have a "shorter" drive at night......

So yeah.. I got up at 3am... Hit the road at 4.. And then around 6am in south CT just north of the NY state line...... My car 'play' "Stealth" (insert UK trip here).. Going down 95 at like 80mph... I Saw 5 seagulls in the street... 4 flew off..... 1 was a bit late. BAM!..Cloud-O-Seagull........ I pulled over at the first rest stop I saw to clean off the leftovers from my front bumper...

I got to Wildwood at 10am... But the park didnt open till 11...Oops... but that gave me time to walk around and take photos...

Anyways photos.. Yeah...

Moreys was one of only 3 parks on the east coaster with more then 3 coasters that I havent been to yet... So I changed that...

Great White... Its all "Hey look at me. Im at the beach"

Am I the only one who thinks this sign is funny?

Over where Dinosaur Beach used to be....Golden Nugget Mine is still sitting..

Doo Wopper...Its ok... I guess..

Yeah yeah yeah.. I know its a SLC.. But come on..You know its sexy.

Great Nor'Easter was one of the first 3 SLCs in the US..Wooo!

Yay after walking around for an hour.... The rides opened... And I rode Rollies Coaster...woo!

After Rollies... It was time to ride the first Boomerang in the US! (And it might just be the worst)

Rollies Coasters.....yeah

After I finished that area.. I walked down to get my Great White credit. For some reason it was the only ride open in its area. But whatever... I still got to ride it.

Line were so long... 3 of my 4 rides on Great White I was the only person on it.

Mmm Vekoma goodness seen from the parks kickass logride.

The kickass logride -

Oh yeah.... Great White was my 399th coaster... So whatever of the next 3 coasters at the park I ride... Will be #400... So I went with...... Oh yeah

It might look sexy.. And have a great view from the lifthill... But damn did it suck.

So after hitting 400 on the SLC... I got the parks last 2 credits.. Then ran off to Ocean City.

Doo Wopper had Stalker-Vission on it.

Eh... it was ok I guess..

Yeah.. Its a "Hotdog Stand" themed ride....

And now 2 random photos of the first Flitzer on my trip...

Blahblahblah insert text here -

So yeah I left Wildwood and drove up to Ocean City where I would find 2 more parks and 6 more coasters...wooo

The first of the 2 parks I did was Gillian's Wonderland Pier... Home to this nice Wacky Worm.

I was shocked to see the park still had a Zamp Mixer... It was closed up.. But still.. They "have" it.

Runaway Train was like a Windstorm coaster... But better

Might just be the best steel coaster I rode that day....

Random wackyworm photo....

Random Runaway Train photo.

Other random wackyworm photo...

""POV!11!!1!11!!""

Oh yeah. they also had this little kiddie coaster.. But it was closed... (missed credit #1)

Ocean City park #2 - Playland's Castaway Cove... Also home to my trips 2nd Flitzer!

Castaway Cove also had the Stalker-Vission Moreys had...

YAY! Pinfari looper! And of the 2 I have been on.. this one was the "best"

Pythons not so sexy trains...

Oh god.. Here it comes.... And to think I rode it twice.

Best coaster at the park -

Cant you just feel the "ouch" looking at it?

"Look at me! Im a Moser ride.. And I dont work!"

The parks logride as seen from the wheel.

The park also had an OK S&S tower...(That gave 2 rides back to back)

Yes... thats a real dog swim'n in the logride water.....

Yay kiddie coaster time!

Of the 2 'Sea Serpent' named coasters I rode sunday.. This was the better....

Now that I was done with the 2 Ocean City parks... It was time to head up just a bit more north to Atlantic City.. To go to the one park I had set out to go to from the start.

First...spin mouse....EVER.

Yay soon to be closed kiddie coaster...

Steel Pier was kinda..Really ghetto.. I dont think anyone is going to miss this place...

"""Art photo"""

Not only is it the first spin-mouse.. It was also the best of the Zamp/Rev ones I have been on. (But still no Dragons Fury)

Hey look! Someones POVing!!!11!

The mouse ran so well.. I rode it twice ::O

After that I rode the kiddie so I can run off to Storybook land before they close at 5.

Yay Little Leaper....

One last photo of the soon to be gone mouse.

Four days till im here!!

So after Steel Pier my plan ws to run down the street to Storybook land.. But because I had a hard time finding Steel Pier.. I ended up parking like a mile away and I had to walk up and then back down the boardwalk.. By the time I got back to my car I had 20mins to make a 10min drive..And get the one kiddie coaster... So I just gave up and went on to Blackbeards....(Missed credit #2)

So yeah... The time is now around 7pm.. I just rode 13 other coasters... And now for one more before the nice "4" hour drive back to Boston...

Yay Dragon coaster! #410

""POV11!!1!!"

Dragons...train.

Old ride used as random 'bench'

Kiddie wheel....woo

And then one last photo.. The Loli-Swings.

So the time was now like..7.10pm... And I got set for the nice "4" hour drive home... To bad the Garden State parking lot wanted me to stay longer.... I left Blackbeard around 7.10pm... I didnt get to my house until FIVE AM!... So yeah.. I got up at 3am Sunday... went to 5 parks.. 14 coasters... 800 miles.... Went from MA to CT to NY to NJ to NY to CT to MA...... and got home at 5am...Monday... Fun fun fun....

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The mixer has been closed all year at Gillian's (or at least every time I have been there this season).

Agreed about Steel Pier and it being ghetto. I'd pick going to Playland and Gillian's anyday over Steel Pier.

I can't believe that picture with the dog in the log flume water.

Did you find the Flitzer at Playland to be heavily braked? It ruins the ride for me to the point where I won't ride it unless the Python is closed (which happens a lot unfortunately)

what camera do you use?

Its my "back up" cam I got in England.. when my good cam died.

Its a Sony CyberShot with a 6.0mp (My stnd cam is a CyberShot with a 7.2)

what time did you Get home?

5am >:O! lol

How was Great White running?

Amazing. Not a top 10 woodie.. But top 20. (Should have been a bit longer )

Nor'easter looks awesome in all white.

Im not a big fan of white coasters...But I do think GNE looks great.

You didn't check out Wildwood's dark rides?

No time. As I had to run up to Ocean City. But I do plan on going back next summer and stay'n a full day so I can get a few night rides in as well.

Isn't Zoom Phloom one of the best log rides ever?

I had read a lot about it.. And was going to skip it.. But I walked right past it to get to GNE.. so I just got in the lineless line... And got on.

Man, now that's some trooping! 5AM!!! How the hell did it take you that long to get home in the middle of the night? That's insane.

GNE looks awesome white.

Wildwood was a place I was looking into for our trip this year [sFGAd, Wildwood, Coney Island were potential add-ons to the SFNE trip], but lack of money forced me to cancel those plans before they reached further than "...this could maybe be done?".

Looks like we didn't miss much!