TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Bye Tizona, Bye!

INCREDIBLE!!!!! I do not finish of believing myself it.!!! Read the following link.

Terra Mítica cambiará de sitio una montaña rusa para alejarla de las futuras viviendas

El parque modificará la ambientación de Iberia para evitar molestias y ruidos

La construcción de un hotel y de unos 2.000 apartamentos turísticos en los terrenos anejos a Terra Mítica adquiridos el mes pasado por el Grupo Ortiz obligarán al parque de Benidorm a modificar algunas áreas temáticas y a reubicar atracciones.

Saneada la sociedad, los gestores de la sociedad quieren mejorar la ambientación de algunas zonas y, de paso, evitar molestias y ruidos a las viviendas que en el futuro rodearán Terra Mítica. Ambos factores obligan a la empresa a trasladar de sitio una de sus principales atracciones, la montaña rusa «Tizona», enclavada en el área de Iberia, de la que también saldrán los coches de choque.

Los terrenos adquiridos el pasado julio en una subasta por el empresario alicantino Enrique Ortiz albergarán las futuras construcciones. El máximo accionista del Hércules pagó 85 millones de euros por 217.000 metros cuadrados, en el marco de la operación para saldar la deuda de la sociedad lúdica con sus acreedores y que obligó a Terra Mítica a suspender pagos en mayo de 2004.

La dirección del complejo de ocio ya tiene sitio para «Tizona», que a partir de la próxima temporada estará asentada probablemente en los terrenos de expansión de Grecia, entre «El Laberinto del Minotauro» y el simulador denominado «El templo perdido».«Tizona» se presentó al público en marzo de 2003 como principal novedad de la cuarta temporada de Terra Mítica. Su traslado a la zona de Grecia conlleva mover la segunda atracción en tamaño -después de la montaña rusa de madera- de cuantas componen la oferta del recinto. Se trata de una montaña rusa invertida que llega a desplazarse a 90 kilómetros por hora y tiene un recorrido de 700 metros de longitud que tardan en completarse unos 90 segundos.

La ficha técnica de «Tizona» asegura que se sostiene sobre 93 pilares de acero. Sólo en cemento base se emplearon 600.000 kilogramos. Ocupa una superficie de 17.650 metros cuadrados, tiene una altura máxima de 32 metros y puede acoger unos mil pasajeros a la hora en sus 40 plazas (tiene dos trenes para 20 personas divididos a su vez en 10 filas de asientos para dos ocupantes). Fue construida en 2002 por la firma holandesa Vekoma Rides Manufacturing. Diez mil tornillos y 1.500 metros cúbicos de hormigón unen su estructura y la fijan al piso. En otros parques del mundo hay 25 montañas rusas del mismo tipo. La dirección de parque temático ha incluido en sus planes, entre otras cuestiones, la mejora de la ambientación del parque, cuyo gran tamaño deja muchos espacios abiertos y da sensación de vacío al visitante

La venta de los terrenos incluía -para facilitar las condiciones de la operación- reducir las posibles molestias a las viviendas colindantes, sobre todo, las generadas por el ruido de las atracciones.

Entrada única

Terra Mítica quiere dar un giro radical a su política de comercialización de los últimos seis años. Al margen de la aspiración de que los otros dos grandes parques de Benidorm (Aqualandia y Mundomar) se trasladen al recinto de Terra Mítica, el primer directivo de éste, John Fitzgerald, va a proponer a las dos empresas citadas y a Terra Natura, la implantación de una entrada única que permita disfrutar de los cuatro parques.

It is of the forums CAPTE, Translate this web.

Link: http://www.capte.org/foros/viewtopic.php?t=6331&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Summarizing: They go to transport of site the SLC because "it bothers to a close construction of hotels " OMG!! They are going to destroy the park!

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Terra Mythical will change of place a Russian mountain to move away of the future dwellings

The park will modify the ambientación of Iberia to avoid inconveniences and noises

Jorge Fauró, Alicante

The construction of a hotel and of some 2.000 tourist apartments in the earthly anejos to Terra Mythical acquired last month by the Group Ortiz will oblige al park of Benidorm to modify some thematic areas and to relocate attractions.

It reorganized the company, the agents of the company want to improve the ambientación of some zones and, in transit, to avoid inconveniences and noises to the dwellings that in the future will surround Terra Mythical. Both factors oblige the business to transfer of place one of their main attractions, the Russian mountain "Tizona", nailed in the area of Iberia, of the one that also the cars of collision will leave.

The lands acquired the past July in an auction by the businessman alicantino Enrique Ortiz will harbor the future constructions. The maximum shareholder of the Hercules paid 85 million euro for 217.000 square meters, in the framework of the operation to settle the debt of the playful company with his creditors and that obliged Terra Mythical to stop payments in May of 2004.

The direction of the complex of leisure already has place for "Tizona", that from the next season will be written down probably in the lands of expansion of Greece, among "The Labyrinth of the Minotaur" and the flight simiulator called "The temple lost". "Tizona" was presented al public in March of 2003 as main news of the quarter season of Terra Mythical. Their transfer to the zone of Greece involves to move the second attraction in size -after the Russian mountain of wood- of as many they compose the offering of the precinct. It is a matter of a Russian mountain invested that comes be displaced 90 kilometers for hour and has a traveled through of 700 meters long that delay in being completed some 90 seconds.

The list of credits of "Tizona" assures that maintains itself on 93 pillars of steel. Only in cement base 600.000 kilograms were employed. It occupies a surface of 17.650 square meters, has a maximum height of 32 meters and can receive some thousand passengers on time in its 40 plazas (has two trains for 20 people divided at the same time in 10 rows of seats for two occupants). It was built in 2002 by the Dutch firm Vekoma Rides Manufacturing. Ten thousand screws and 1.500 cubic meters of concrete unite their structure and they set it al flat. In other parks of the world there is 25 Russian mountains of the same type. The direction of theme park has included in its plans, among others questions, the improvement of the ambientación of the park, whose great size leaves many open spaces and gives sensation of empty al visiting

The sale of the lands included -to facilitate the conditions of the operation- to reduce the possible inconveniences to the adjacent dwellings, above all, them generated by the noise of the attractions.

Unique entrance

Terra Mythical wants to give a radical turn to its politics of commercialization of the last six years. Al margin of the aspiration that the other two large parks of Benidorm (Aqualandia and Mundomar) they be transferred al precinct of Terra Mythical, the first executive of this, John Fitzgerald, is going to propose at two o'clock businesses cited and to Terra Nature, the establishment of an unique entrance that permit to enjoy the four parks.

Translated by freetranslation.com, but it's not the best and most accurate translation.

I was almost going to try and read it myself in Spanish and got the main idea. This kinda sucks.

Doesn't this say they are moving it to the other side of the park between the Simulator and Labryinth of the Minatour.

I can't find a picture of that area from when I visited last month but I think I can see where it would go.

Seems pretty stupid but Tizona is the furthest point from the enterance. Perhaps rebuilding it will make it more of a pleasant ride

The news says that Tizona WON'T be removed from the park.

It just has to be moved to the other side of the park to make way for a Hotel in the Iberia area.

Tizona is a SLC and it will be placed next year between the Labyrinth of Minotaur and the simulator called The Lost Temple.

This is sad news... they'd better scrap that stupid SLC and have a brand new ride. The park really needs a decent coaster sincer Magnus Colossus is a bad-ass coaster and Tizona a standard SLC...

Hope that helps

I know it's the parks main attraction but it should be replaced with a better coaster.

The east side of the park has nearly all the rides where as the west has nothing really of worth. Tizona bridged the gap between flight of the phoneix and the dogems/ bravo train but with the dogems gone too it will just be a long ass walk.

As they say, remove it of there ... because she does very much noise!!! From when a SLC does very much noise?!?!

*Next photos by Gurzu

pan.JPG.fee40485b9bb3875d57f1aa58920740a.JPG

And this one will be the displacement that there will be necessary to do...

tizona.JPG.8ea24bcca239a5ad3e400ed553317460.JPG

Say good-bye to this sight of the coaster, really nice...

• 2 weeks later...

This is a Crazy park...

Probabbly next year the Iberia Area(About the old Spain) will desappear from the park, to convert it in a Luxury Hotel...

The area has(& Had) got the best shows of the park, like Red Beard, The Tournament or more animations...

It is the best themed area of the park, and I think it's the best themed area of all Spain...

I don´t understand why do they relocate a SLC, a simple SLC... It isn't a very good coaster, I would understand if the coaster was a Hypercoaster from B&M, but... It's a SLC!

What a crazy thing... but we can't do nothing...

Bye!

• 1 year later...
Posted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 8:02 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

^ Yes. There really is nothing in that area other than the SLC, and they've already cleared land in the Greek section (I think that's where it was going) to move it for next year. Basically they told me they felt the park was too big for the amount of attractions they had and they wanted a slightly smaller more focused park.

It's not a bad idea, and honestly, the Iberia section wasn't that big and there wasn't any reason to go there other than for the SLC.

It will be interesting to see how it all pans out.

--Robb

Ah yes i did find this quote on the spanish trip report but as you can see it's been over a year now so just wondering if any1 had an update?

A date maybe for closure or if th eride is still running

They mentioned it on the Spain Trip. They said they were moving it for these exact reasons, and Iberia section would be no more. I can't say I disagree with it, there wasn't a whole lot to do ridewise in that section anyways, and it was quite a long walk.

I wonder if they are still doing this. I have read a number of articles recently about how the housing market is struggling in Benidorm and the number of (British) tourist has decreased significantly. Can this area really support another huge hotel.

But like Kyle said, while the Iberian area of the park is nice to look at, there really wasn't all that much to do in it. It also is NOT the best themed area in all of Spain, PortAventura wins that for each and every one of their lands.

• 2 months later...

Tizona is already gone:

Before:

Yesterday:

They have only spent 15 days to dismount it and now they're working on its new place at Greece area.

But there's a doubt, when Tizona will be relocated there will be a lot free space:

[/img]

Maybe they'll removed the major and kiddy bumping cars there or maybe they're going to put a new ride. Next season should be a new attraction, because there's in Terra Mítica's plan.

There's also a rumour. El Rescate de Ulises (Ulises's Rescue) could be modified to reconvert in a Splash Battle. Ulises's Rescue is located at Las Islas (The Islands) zone of the park. It was closed on 14th october to fix it (it gives 'em a lot of problems). But this ride is a few bored, so maybe they're going to change it to make it more funny. Track is 500 metres lenght, so it'd be very long.

By this reason, next year could be two new rides...

Iberia zone is going to be closed by now, altough some businessman propose to reconvert it on an outlet centre.

When we visited the park last year they told us about the relocation of the coaster. IMO, it actually seemed like a good idea. The location where the coaster was seemed like a very dead area of the park and moving the coaster to a more populated area is a lot easier of a project than re-purposing a dead area.

And if the dead area gets re-purposed by another developer, say for a hotel or shopping, then they've killed two birds with one stone and done it cost effectively.

--Robb