Photo TR: International Market World/Universal Orlando

WTF Is International Market World?!?!?!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Archived Photo Trip Reports of Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, and Donkeys!
Can you see the donkey in my toast?

Photo TR: International Market World/Universal Orlando

Postby disneyfan1313 » Sat Aug 12, 2006 10:06 am

Stacey and I decided to take a little random day trip yesterday and visit one of the last remaining brass ring carousels in the USA. We had heard about this carousel in a thread about them a while back and since Stacey has never been on a Brass Ring Carousel before and it is only about 30 minutes away from Orlando we decided - What the heck! This Carousel is in a *seriously* redneck and scary fleamarket in the middle of the drive between Orlando and Tampa. Unfortunately it had already stopped running for the day once we got there but we hope to try again (TPR Side Trip?!?).
DSC02932.jpg
Here we are in the Beautiful and Scenic "International Market World" in Auburndale, FL.. WTF - DOES THAT SAY WACO GUN SHOP?! Should we turn around now?
DSC02944.jpg
It took *forever* to find the carousel. Pictures miles upon miles (ok..probably more like feet upon feet) of crap like this..
DSC02945.jpg
and crap like this...
DSC02933.jpg
Until we stumbled upon this beautifully restored carousel. Damn.. it had just closed a half-hour before we got there :(
DSC02938.jpg
It appeared to have real horse hair tails and lots of great detail
DSC02934.jpg
Here is the informational plaque. It looks like it had been in Old Town before this.. what a step down! (and that is hard to do coming from Old Town!)
DSC02942.jpg
You grab the Brass Ring from the Gators Mouth - ROCK ON!
DSC02939.jpg
Before we left we had to get some credits!
DSC02937.jpg
And try out the newest video game technology.

Postby disneyfan1313 » Sat Aug 12, 2006 10:27 am

We had decided to also go to Universal Orlando during the day (and not during a HHN) for the first time since ...oh... 2000 since it was one of the last days of Universal 360, we had not been on the High in the Sky Trolly Train and we also wanted to do BTTF before it closes. :(
DSC02947.jpg
Bubba Gumps is now open and *very* busy. We have been to the one in Miami so we decided to skip this one.
DSC02948.jpg
I have never noticed these large plasma screens before in front of all of the ticket booths..nice touch! First stop IOA (with a huge line to get through the turnstiles with 3 running... WTF?!?!?)
DSC02949.jpg
Stacey looks a little too happy to be riding the panther...
DSC02951.jpg
First stop the "It's more boring than if you had the TTA and a parking lot tram have sex" ride!
DSC02953.jpg
The queue looks nice.. Oh wait..that is because it has BEEN SITTING AROUND SINCE THE LATE 90's!
DSC02954.jpg
Can we at least count this as a credit?!?!
DSC02955.jpg
Pleeeeeeease?!?! I mean it has wheels and stuff!
DSC02956.jpg
There are warning signs *everywhere*.. why? The top speed of about 3MPH is pretty scary. Oh..and did I mention - THEY STAPLE YOU ON THIS RIDE MORE THAN KNOTTS!
DSC02958.jpg
This is pretty much the only theming you see on the one track..and you go by it so quickly I have no idea what it is..
DSC02959.jpg
You do have some pretty good views of IOA.
DSC02961.jpg
We walked by the "OMG WE ARE THE BEST RESTAURANT EVER!!!!!111!!" place long enough to snap a picture of their menu for interested parties.
DSC02963.jpg
This is the *Ultimate* roller coaster T-Shirt!
DSC02964.jpg
I miss the T-Rex encounter! You can kinda still see where the path was.
DSC02970.jpg
We then headed over to the Studios and had a *great* dinner at Lombardi's Landing (under the false assumption it would get us priority viewing for Universal 360). What a nice restaurant - it looks like it should be in TDS!
DSC02972.jpg
I ate your brother for dinner!!! HAHAHA!!
DSC02976.jpg
While BTTF it rough and cheesy - I am going to miss it. I *heart* those movies.
DSC02985.jpg
Universal 360.. It wasn't bad.. it just felt kinda half-a$$d.. It felt hastily edited together, cheesy and somewhat dated. Its better than the old lagoon show by far but when compared to WDW's and even Sea World's offerings it falls pretty flat. Oh Wel

Delirium is the rox0rz

Postby PKIDelirium » Sat Aug 12, 2006 10:52 am

lol, nice photo of the no cameras sign, followed by onride photos. :Pr

Then again, it's just a monorail kiddie thing. Who gives a crap.

I teach at the school of donkey!

Postby gatorchomp83 » Sat Aug 12, 2006 11:12 am

I live in Florida and haven't been to Orlando (where I'm from) in almost four years.... :?r I really need to get back there before BTTF closes.
FLORIDA GATORS NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
2006 - 2007 BASKETBALL FOOTBALL 1996 - 2006 - 2008
Top 5 Wood: 1 Voyage 2 Boulder Dash 3 Phoenix 4 Ravine Flyer II 5 Thunderhead
Top 5 Steel: 1 Intimidator 305 2 Goliath (GA) 3 Bizarro (SFNE) 4 Nitro 5 Kumba
Twitter

2 + 2 = donkey!

Postby obeygiant » Sat Aug 12, 2006 1:01 pm

Nice pics....I really need to get back to Orlando to get one more ride on BTTF and my Trolley credit.

Postby disneyfan1313 » Mon Aug 14, 2006 9:40 am

PKIDelirium wrote:lol, nice photo of the no cameras sign, followed by onride photos. :Pr

Then again, it's just a monorail kiddie thing. Who gives a crap.

Whoops! I did not even notice the "no photo" rule and tons of folks on my train were video taping... odd..

WDW Monorail Fanatic

Postby BeemerBoy » Mon Aug 14, 2006 9:45 am

Classic stuff! Market World.....Go to church, get a haircut, and buy a firearm....all before noon. :lolr:
Displaying "Online Enthusiast Morality" since 2006, with 99.9% more sarcasm.

Former captain of the Arrow bus.

Postby Erik Johnson » Mon Aug 14, 2006 9:59 am

Yeah I thought the Universal 360 was rather lackluster as well. Oh well, at least I can say I saw it.

#1 Nintendo Fanboy!

Postby bgwfreak » Mon Aug 14, 2006 10:20 am

Uh oh. South of the Border better look out for that "park". They might take their title of worst US park away!

WHY CAN'T YOU TAKE PICTURES? You're going 3 mph!!!

Donkeys give me orgiastic scream!

Postby Jack57 » Mon Aug 14, 2006 10:36 am

Nice TR, the gun shop sign was funny! :lmao:

*YAY! 90th POST!*

Next

Return to Photo Trip Report Archive