Hey guys I FINALLY just got home after a long day (re: I departed my house and arrived back home pretty much exactly 24 hrs apart..) and while the photos are uploading, I'll just throw out some brief notes:
- I left too early, I totally forgot that Beech Bend is in Central Time.
- Wow Beech Bend is out in the sticks... I mean its surrounded by pastures and rolling hills and seems to be miles from civilization (though it's really not)
- Rumbler suprised me as I wasn't expecting it to be that good. I was very interested to see how it turned out sicne it got very little hype and much like Thunderhead did 2 years ago, it really flew in under the radar. I don't think I was the only one suprised at how fun it was. Somewhere around #10 on my personal list
- The meal from the park was farily good - poor Julie wouldn't brave the hot dog, and the BBQ sauce was top-notch stuff.
- Got my 3rd or 4th credit on a Zamperla spinning mouse... and to think they only came out a few years ago and they are now EVERYWHERE
- Picked up the other two credits at the park, including the agonizing "Breif EncounteR" or "Looping Star" or whatever they will call it
- Got in about 10 rides on rumbler before heading north, I also by chance happened to run into board member "SteveC" who is on the RCCGB trip
- Speaking of, everyone who has ridden Voyage was raving about it, I can't wait to ride it as well
- Got to Kentucky Kingdom a little after 5 and boarded Greezed at 5:20
- Rode every single coaster, including a few rerides on each woodie
- Chang kinda sucked, I was disappointed
- T2 was actually pretty sweet. People will think I am insane, but it was the smoothest SLC I have been on to date, take that Hangman!
- Greezed seemed to be slower than when it was in my backyard
Oh well going through Sir Anton's loops backwards is still insanely awesome
- I deboarded the wild mouse, the last credit I needed ot pick up, at 6:40.
- I ate another $7 slice of pizza at their Papa Johns
- The park was nicer than what I had read over the years, so I will definately go back and take my time through it (stretching it out to 4 hours maybe
- Thunder Run was sweet (reminds me a lot of Hurler, or at least what Hurler COULD be) and Twisted Sisters suprised me since the way that thing was designed, I would have expected it to be rough as hell
- Rode Hellevator before leaving, meh
- They ran 1 train on everything except for (of course) the mouse and T2. Chang's line was longest at about 15 minutes.
- Got a flat tire just north of Bowling Green on the way back home, that set me back 2 hours
- Stopped to sleep a bit in the Nashville area because I got really friggin' tired at one point, another 1.5 hours delay in getting home
- Finally arrived back home where I am uploading files including some video (and yes, a POV) of Rumbler. However the POV is almost 90 megs and I KNOW I would blow my bandwidth if I posted it here so I will try to figure something out... not that its that good anyways
Pics to come tomorrow hopefully!