TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Trip Report: SFOG on 3/12

I arrived at the park right at 10 AM, and not too many people were around. I headed to Gotham to catch a couple of rides on Mind Bender, which if you dind't know, has been funning FANTASTICLY this seasy. The brakes before the second loop are pretty much non-existant, something that I haven't seen in many many years. Air coming off the brakes and out of the horizontal loop comprable to that of any of the Ride of Steel creations. Even on the curve above Batman's queue it was still steamin' along unlike any other time in recent memory. Coupla a pics now:

I rode three times without getting off but by the next time in the station, a line had formed. Off to find something else. I went and tried to ride Scorcher but it was broken down. Off to Cyclone, where they decided to put the second train on no more than 30 mins after the park opened Off to Acro where, you guessed it, it broked. Anywho I ran into some friends and I decided to wander to the back of the park with them. We hit up Superman and it ran pretty regularly. Rode on the right side and didn't come off scraped up, so that was good. We then rode Scream Machine and Wheelie before heading back towards Gotham. Mind Bender's line was crazy long for one train operations, so we tried to check out Batman, which had a problem when they tried to put the 2nd train on. Bummer. Anywho from there we went and caught the 12:00 showing of Rhythm and Grooves, a motown tribute. Very good show but still probably my THIRD favrorite in the park. We have some good shows. Anyways from there we split off and I went and rode the Monster Plantaion. Said hello to the Sheriff and GenGen and went along my way. I walked around and grabbed some Goliath photos, so I guess I should share now since that's what 97% of y'all probably opened this thing up for anyways

Speaking of Scorcher, it was still down when I walked by:

Anywho I took a look at the history display set up out front:

I saw Acro running again and went and rode, making sure to pick the north side so I could see Goliath from almost 200' up. Awesome visuals!

I hit he Cyclone next, front bench, back car. not the best of rides but also not the roughest of rides either. Kinda blah for the Cyclone.

That was about my day for me, but what's that? Too long in between Goliath photos? Ok here are more:

OK and now for a couple of decent nighttime photos, not the best since I had to manual focus and all the difficulty in taking nighttim photos that there is to begin with. Here we go anyways:

Oh, GOLIATH tested today and it was flying through the course well overspeed. Looks insane to say the least, I think we have a winner on our hands. No doubts left.

- Joe

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

First post in a real thread

Anyway, Goliath looks real impressive, and this helix looks pretty freaky...I was pretty surprised when I read that Goliath was always testing, I'm looking forward to hear more and see the trains in action (although I think I'll never ride it )

BTW, cool night photos!

^^ Never say never....

I never thought I'd be enjoying roller coasters in the UK, Sweden and Norway this coming summer, and would be enjoying a good set of European coasters (old & new) available in the (probable) coming years....

And yet - I am, now. Took awhile, heh heh. But hey -

You may get to the USofA and all it's wonderful parks yet, y'know? You got a few years ahead of you, for planning and looking forward to.... all of it.

Nice pix of Goliath BTW, PT. Lookin' good and sleek there. The downward (?) helix looks grrreat!

I agree, don't give up on something, when you grow older opprotunities usually become more abundant.

Herc - never much doubt that it was going to be a good ride, I just didn't want to get my hopes up too much. To hell with that after seeing it test, now I just wonder how badly it will kick Apollos' ass.

The helix looks insane, I'd say it steams out of there around a good 50 mph.

Thank you for the compliments, I hope you all liked it

Hey Parktrips how is the appearance of Goliath in the midway? Meaning are there giant supports and footers right in the middle of the midway (like it was plopped down like RCT) or are they off to the side and supported around the midway?

Very nice pics by the way...I hope I can ride it this year

JEFF