TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Paramount has been sold

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

^^ LOL, that sounds a bit like the thing what happened here in Germany with the Warner Bros. Movie Park Germany! Now it is Movie Park Germany and they changed all the names and attractions like, Wild Wild West into Bandit, or Eraser into FX and many more! That really sucks! I hope that will not happen to the Paramount parks!

--Sören

This sounds like Warner Bro's Movie World Germany I think, the "Cop car Chase"that use to be "Leathal Weapon Pursuit!" I mean it is gonna be interesting to see them try to retheme "Borg Assimulator" for Carowinds to something like "Cyber Fly!". Let us not forget the WBMW germany SLC "Eraser", thats now called "FX" for 2005 ...and yet again to be renamed to "MP XPress" for 06.

Sean" WBM renaming ideas sound like a Montey Python Epic"Chappell

Good thing PKI just turned all of Hanna Barbara land into a Nick area, and are rethemeing ALL the rides THIS SEASON. So much for the fairly odd coaster and avitar. Hello spinny-W, and fairly-odd painted beasty. Oh well, they cant change my VorteX, so I dont really care

Based on an article that I just read they haven't even started the auction process.

They're auctioning rides?

Is this still just speculation, or is it proven fact. I haven't heard anything anywhere else, and jumping to ride auctions seems very sudden. If it's true, it will probably just affect the names of the rides only. Or maybe it'll be like when Six Flags was sold to Premier years ago, when hardly any change was noticeable.

I would expect an announcement soon since the sale was final as of yesterday.

Busniess will go a usually until about June/July

In your first post you said it was final as of today. Which is it?

I'd like to quote outer limit/ Flight of Ph34r for the official press release...

*ahem*

"Purely speculation. The sale's finalization is nothing more than...an elaborate hoax. A publicity stunt for their latest attraction..."

See kids, you do learn stuff from watching that thing loop for hours on end

Must be an old article then. Check the date again. I know for a fack the sale was final yesterday. There was even a full-time meeting today at the park announcing the sale.

would u like that with one grain of salt or two.

Jarvis "who needs official announcements anymore" Morant

Rumor has it that an announcement is coming soon, and that part of the deal is a ten year contract to keep the Paramount name. That means the coaster names would probably stay the same. Of course, we won't know for sure until an announcement is made.

On a side note: Rumor has it that FOF at PKD is indeed moving to PCW for 2007. I hate to say it, but this rumor I believe.

This is the first I've heard about FOF being moved to PCW.

Carowinds would make more sense.

PCW is probably more likely to be getting new rides, not used ones. And also PCW is in a market where they have no competition. So adding a coaster would not have nearly the same affect as a park like Carowinds.