The "Official" TPR Returns To Asia Ongoing TR!

The Re-Cap update has been posted!!!!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I just made a donkey in No Limits!

Postby TonyaGaddy » Mon Jan 02, 2006 4:17 pm

I lvoe it how everyone is just sleeping everywhere... lol

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby Chadley » Mon Jan 02, 2006 4:25 pm

I've been to WDW, and it was fun, (mainly AK) But DisneySea looks awesome! OK...that makes two Disney parks I really want to visit now. The other is DCA. Not a big deal to most, but the last time I was in California I was a year and a half old.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Mon Jan 02, 2006 4:53 pm

Day Twelve - Tokyo Disneyland

We had one more day at Disney, and since we had spent all day at DisneySea yesterday, we only needed to buy a one day ticket to Disneyland.

We also decided to do something we don't normally do....sleep in and NOT get to the park for opening! Luckily for us, the park wasn't very crowded and we managed to get in more Pooh, Haunted Mansion Holiday, Pirates, Splash, and more stuff!

Nightmare is REALLY popular here. I mean, for all you Nightmare fans, this is the place to be. There is so much NBC merchandise, more than I've seen anywhere else, and they had TONS this year specifically for the ride. Last year they had a couple of items here and there, but this year it was like an entire store full of stuff!

And this version is just so much better than the Disneyland one. Frist off, their version of Mansion is longer to begin with (more like the WDW version) so there are a few more scenes. And there is just so much more "stuff" in this version. Like they took whatever the overall "decoration budget" was and doubled it!

After TDL we took a quick trip over to Joypolis and the Tokyo Decks/Megaweb area. It was kind of a bummer than Speed Boarder had a 40 minute wait. Quaker didn't care about the credit that much, so we spent most of our time playing wacky video games.

We fly home today. :cry: That really bums us out because none of us want to leave. After we get back I'll do one more forum update, kind of a "recap" of all of this good stuff and a couple more videos. Then in a couple of weeks later, I'll start with the more detailed photo gallery updates.

Hope you've enjoyed reading all of these!!!!
asia599.jpg
After nearly 24 hours at Disney, we finally got a proper night's sleep, and we returned to the insanity the next day!
asia600.jpg
Even through the covered main street (which looks so cool, BTW) the castle towers over everything!
asia601.jpg
So um, these people here are camped out at noon.....for the fireworks and nighttime parades! I wonder how bummed they will be when it starts raining and they cancel the parades? =)
asia602.jpg
Um, excuse me...this is WAY too "nice" of a picture.....
asia603.jpg
Ahh, there you go! That's more like it!
asia604.jpg
Haunted Mansion Holiday is REALLY popular here!
asia604a.jpg
In an effort to try to show the effiency of this park, here you can see they have a cast member and EVERY SINGLE fastpass machine to help speed you through the process!
asia605.jpg
More random Nightmare before Mansion coolness.
asia606.jpg
I like how the evil Mickey has become a more important character in the ride.
asia607.jpg
Elissa's thinking "You know who this character is right? This is that evil bitch Chip & Dale's woman that gets to knock acorns with them every night! I might be smiling now, but I'm really plotting her evil death!!!!"
asia608.jpg
Ahh, Pooh. This awesome trackless, totally amazing dark ride that still leaves me baffled. This is like the best ride ever...and I hate...HATE ....*HATE* Winnie The Pooh!!!!!
asia609.jpg
Screw the little bear!!! Gimme more DONKEY!!!!!
asia610.jpg
Yay! We get to ride Splash Mountain....the...um...water ride...and it's only slightly above freezing. What a GREAT idea guys! Yeah!!!!
asia610b.jpg
"Can someone remind me again why we all thought this would be a good idea?"
asia611.jpg
"This is NOT an acceptable level of water!!!!"
asia611a.jpg
Ahh, Tokyo Disney is so nice! There's even a little place to store my stuff while I stink up one of their bathrooms!
asia611b.jpg
OMG! This has to be the most demented of all the popcorn flavors yet!!!!
asia611c.jpg
Elissa is happy there is plenty of her little guys for sale in the shops!
asia611d.jpg
And if you like Nightmare, this was about 5% of the overall merchandise you can buy! I even got me some Haunted Mansion Holiday boxers!!! =)
asia611e.jpg
And for the coaster enthusaists, there are these little playsets so you can take the park home with you! (no, Jeff, these do NOT count as a credit!!!!)
asia611ff.jpg
For you Stitch Army people, there litterally was a Stitch Army!!!!!
asia611f.jpg
"Check out the upside down, press his beak and reach into his butt" cookie jar!!!
asia611g.jpg
And yes....if want want to dress your dog like Snow While, well....they got that too!
asia611h.jpg
This is the alternate version of where I worked for two years!
asia611i.jpg
"Castle Mystery Tour" Thanks to Disneyfan1313 we decided to do this. And OMG, was this "weird" I think I'll have to post the video I took just to explain it!!!!

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Mon Jan 02, 2006 5:08 pm

More photos....
asia612.jpg
After our awesome day at TDL we decided to head over to Joypolis about 15 minutes away.
asia613.jpg
Gee, I wonder what building this is.... =)
asia613b.jpg
I always thought this place was really cool looking!
asia613c.jpg
So in that big empty space right there is where the "sky diving simulator ride" used to be.....creepy!!!
asia614.jpg
OMG! They had our little "drum game guys" in this way better Japanese version of the "crane" game. This more like the "scoop up the stuff" game!
asia615.jpg
"Daddy, why is that strange American man making climactic faces when hit by the mallet?"
asia616.jpg
You didn't think we'd forget about the drum game on the last night of the trip, did you?
asia617.jpg
Here Jeff, you can count this thing as a credit!
asia627.jpg
I certainly hope the ride version was more popular than the movie!!!
asia629.jpg
And no trip to Joypolis could be complete without a visit to "Condomania!"
asia631.jpg
Pallet Town is just across the street with a GIANT FERRIS WHEEL (big shock, huh?) and a lots of wacky arcade games!
asia632.jpg
Quaker tries the "win the scary giant radish" game.
asia633.jpg
I try the "Smack the poo-troll with the boxing glove game."
asia634.jpg
And finally, we'll end this update with a picture of a good castle! We fly home today. *sob* but we'll do one more final update when we get home tomorrow! Hope you've enjoyed sharing our trip with us!

The Smiley Face Pizza

Postby Luxo » Mon Jan 02, 2006 5:08 pm

LOL, there's a little Charlie Brown Christmas tree in the evil mickey piano picture.

Edit: I've really enjoyed this TR! Thanks for sharing :D

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby CoasterCrazy » Mon Jan 02, 2006 5:23 pm

Awesome pictures!!!

It looks like you guys had fun on the water ride!:lol:I'm looking forward to reading the final update.

Have a safe trip home!

What I do and who I am

Postby pianojohn » Mon Jan 02, 2006 5:29 pm

AWESOME TR as usual! I did the Mystery Castle tour as well back in 2004. Not sure if it was weird because
1) it was 4am on New Year's Day
2) It was about 20 degrees out
3) It was all in Japanese and we had no idea what was going on!

But it was very cool knowing there was a dungeon/basement under the castle.

Have a safe trip back!

I love pickles. No more comments neccesary.

Postby USRoadTripper » Mon Jan 02, 2006 5:32 pm

dandaman wrote:Image

I can't look at this sign anymore without thinking of "Journey to the Center of Robb"! :lol:

Then my work here is done.

-Julie
usroadtripper_122.jpg

M-Oral Violations

Postby Nemmy » Mon Jan 02, 2006 5:35 pm

No...Robb...you can't leave...and it was almost normal around here...NOOOOOOOOO!

Seriously, it looks like you guys had a lot of fun. Besides not coming, the only regret I have is not telling you to make the Quaker as sick as humanely possible. I want to see that expression some more:

But kudos on entertaining me for a couple of weeks. :) *thumbs way up*
Coaster Count: 537

The proud creator of two stickies:

Video Song List
Robb's Job

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Thanks for the great pics!

Postby coasterdaddy » Mon Jan 02, 2006 5:41 pm

Hi guys - thanks for the great pics and trip report - can't wait to see what you post in a couple of weeks!!! :lol:

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!