The "Official" TPR Returns To Asia Ongoing TR!

The Re-Cap update has been posted!!!!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Wed Jan 11, 2006 1:06 am

Ok, so now that we are back, caught up on sleep and gotten over some wicked jet lag now it's time for.....

THE RE-CAP UPDATE!!!!!

So what is the re-cap update? Well, quite simply we took thousands of photos (no joke!) while on the trip and only posted about 500 of them. So here is a quick re-cap of the trip from start to end, but only picking out a "select few" of the un-used photos.

We will start doing our "front page" updates which will consist of about 3 to 4 pages of photos on each park in about a week or two.

Usually in a re-cap update, I end up going back and finding some REALLY embarassing photos that I think "Why the hell didn't I use these before??!?!" Anyways, here goes!

THE OFFICIAL THEME PARK REVIEW ASIA RE-CAP UPDATE!!!!
(and, oh yeah, there is a Raging Spirits POV in the members only section too!)
recap3.jpg
So here we are in Hong Kong....known for lots of buildings, cheap suits, and.....
recap2.jpg
THE PUSSY CARD!!!!!!!!
recap4.jpg
"Wow, we really look like crap after the red eye"
recap4a.jpg
Yup, it's the coaster with a nice view.
recap5.jpg
Time to flashback to the park that looks just like Disneyland in California, but thank goodness it's not in California! =)
recap6.jpg
"Hi ladies. I'm the Quaker. Don't mess with me or I'll blast you with....um....with this....um.....pretend toy laser gun....yeah."
recap8.jpg
"I'm only on this trip because of the McDonalds."
recap9.jpg
"This is the worst picture of me....EVER! And oh yeah...we're in Japan. See....I can prove it...here's my rail pass!"
recap10.jpg
Ahh, Japan....forget the culture, forget the cool cities, it's all about the vending machines. Where the cold stuff is cold, and the warm stuff is warm....all in the same machine!
recap7.jpg
"We can hide our space program by building a roller coaster around it....they'll never notice."
recap11.jpg
"Hey Joey! Eat this!!!!!"
recap12.jpg
"If a giant poo monster comes out of the snow I'm gonna be REALLY pissed off!!!"
recap13.jpg
The giant poo monster made sure we wouldn't ride Jupiter today, but that's ok because at Kijima, it's all about the Vekoma Roller Skater!
recap14.jpg
We made a quick stop at "RCT Park" where we saw duck races, shotgun rides, and temples down an abondoned path. Are you sure we're not dreaming this up, fast asleep in a self-service car wash somewhere?
recap15.jpg
Oh great, our day ends up spinning around like crazy inside a teacup themed to a giant kitty...or is that a penguin? Does anyone really know?
recap16.jpg
Togo Death Machines that don't hurt. Yeah, this isn't real. We must be asleep in that car wash.....
recap17.jpg
MARK!!!!! You killed a poor unsuspecting Japanese man with your candle! Oh, well, this is only a dream...so let's EAT HIM!!! MWAHAHAHAHA!!!!
recap18.jpg
For those of you who are going to miss Kobe Port-a-potty-land, here is a scale model for you to take home with you. Simply recreate what you see here and then sell it on Ebay.
recap19.jpg
Here we are in Switzerland! No, seriously! We're really in Switzerland!
recap20.jpg
See, we can prove it. Only in Switzerland do they have Squirrel cages with over the shoulder restraints. It's because those damn drunken swiss squirrels can't be trusted!
recap21.jpg
From Switzerland we go to Tivoli in Denmark. Damn, this is a really strange trip to Japan!
recap22.jpg
It might say "Oreo" it might resemble "Oreo" but damn, those are NOT Oreos!!!
recap23.jpg
More awesome Togo Death Machines that don't hurt at all! I really hope we wake up from this car wash dream soon enough!
recap24.jpg
"Hey everyone! Here we are on the awesome Togo ride!"
"Be quiet woman, I think I've just captured Japanese side boob on video!!!"
recap25.jpg
"I just had my nuts squashed into oblivion by the Batflyer and I LOVED every second of it!"
recap26.jpg
Oh, look....coasters in the snow. What a wonderfully smart idea!
recap27.jpg
"See this would never REALLY happen....yet more proof were actually asleep.....dreaming....in the self-service car wash."
recap28.jpg
Did we ever mention Thunder Dolphin in the previous updates? Hmm? No? Oh, I guess it wasn't worth mentioning! ;)
recap29.jpg
"Yes, I know our advanced Japanese technology will allow me to communicate with aliens on another planet, but will it help my male pattern baldness?"
recap30.jpg
OMG! It's those GIANT poofy Japanese snow hats attacking Journey! OMG!!!!
recap31.jpg
"Hello ladies. Quaker here again. Check out how hot I am! Let me give you the tour of DisneySea...."
recap32.jpg
"Would you like to be with me....in the back of one of those boats....and we'll pay the guy 5,000 yen to look the other way...."
recap33.jpg
"Muwaaaaaaahhhhhhhh!!!!!!"
recap35.jpg
Here's an overview of Tokyo Disneyland. Isn't it totally awesome?
recap36.jpg
"Meanwhile back in the real world....." (anyone get this movie reference?)
recap39.jpg
OH!!!!!! The most important part!!! I totally forgot to mention that this was the guy that laughed at us in the Yakatori bar for not knowing how to eat the shrimp with the legs and head still attached!
recap37.jpg
"Please....please don't make us have to go back home....."
recap38.jpg
"Ugh...this really sucks." =(
recap1.jpg
HA!!!! The whole Asia trip was a LIE!!!!! We really WERE asleep! Dreaming.....in the self-service car wash!

I love pickles. No more comments neccesary.

Postby USRoadTripper » Wed Jan 11, 2006 1:30 am

OMG! I had the exact same dream last night, only when I woke up it looked like this!!!
carwash.jpg
Nice unexpected update, by the way :-)

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Wed Jan 11, 2006 1:43 am

Wow, creepy! And I thought I was the only one that feel asleep in self-service car washes and dreamt about bizarre Japanese coaster trips!

--Robb "I feel so much better now!" Alvey :lolr:

Worship me or fell my

Postby zaneymon » Wed Jan 11, 2006 2:24 am

YAY for japan and Hong kong gpoing to down load the RS POV now
COASTER COUNT: 23 (21 steal 2 wood) Yes i no its nerdy

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby CoasterCrazy » Wed Jan 11, 2006 2:34 am

The new pictures look great!!!

I'm looking forward to the big update on the site!

Start Your Day With The Quaker Inside You!

Postby QuakerOaties » Wed Jan 11, 2006 5:10 am

Looking at those pictures is making it reallly hard to force myself to go to school today.

Mark "I miss it!" Luskus

Not Everyone In Germany Wears Lederhosen and Eats Sauerkraut

Postby Hattuchili » Wed Jan 11, 2006 6:32 am

WOW, the "RE-CAP UPDATE" is awesome! It is great to see a few pictures from your trip in a nice overview! I am really looking forward to see the updates on your front page!

--Sören
--> from good old Germany and back in Orlando!

Loves Random TR's!

Postby CoasterJunkie » Wed Jan 11, 2006 6:53 am

Awesome..looking forward to the big update...

So how much Mcdonalds did you eat over there?

Did the donkey fairy give me this title?

Postby twistedmickey » Wed Jan 11, 2006 8:24 am

The last pic of Elissa back in LA is classic. Maybe you should send that picture to the people in charge of tourism for California. :b

The Smiley Face Pizza

Postby Luxo » Wed Jan 11, 2006 4:30 pm

Kickarse TR!! I've enjoyed every update of it!! :b

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!