Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

P. 393 - Justice League: Battle for Metropolis announced
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Don't make me kick you in the donkey!

Re: Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

Postby Rollercoaster Rider » Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:01 am

larrygator wrote:
Rollercoaster Rider wrote:Maybe, But I think TGE Would be more likely as there are (WARNING: MY OPINION ONLY!) chances of it being "Flagged" in the future (MY OPINION Done)

Sounds like you have never been to The Great Escape.

I went in 2010 in July I believe. I Agree that it's very far from being close to something you'd call "Six Flags"

Maybe Bizarro can go where Nightmare was

Proud Member of the 300 Coaster Club.
Joined June 16, 2012
Proud Member of the 400 Coaster Club
Joined August 17, 2013

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby Screamin_Eagle » Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:21 am

I really don't know how I feel about getting Bizarro, if in fact the rumor is true. While our park could use some more steel, getting a hand me down coaster isn't the way to go. we have Batman the Ride, We have Ninja (bad as it may be) and we have Mr. Freeze. what we need at our park is a hyper coaster since we are probably the only park without one while all the other parks have them. a coaster to put our park back on the map as a destination park. Build something that will bring the masses out to ride. there is tons of available grounds to use to place a massive coaster, including the dead area beyond tidal wave.. and its very apparent that the company DOES have the money, look at how much they have invested in Magic Mountain in the past couple of seasons?

If the donkey is rockin, don't come knockin!

Location: In a boat on a river, with tangerine trees and marmalade skies.

Postby Ed Farmer » Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:13 am

With some of the head-scratching recent additions to Six Flags parks, I'm only half-kidding when I say St. Louis is probably going to get a Premier launcher like Discovery Kingdom is getting, while Bizarro/Medusa goes to Magic Mountain.

La Ronde: Relocated SLC just a few years after receiving a B&M inverter
New England: Relocated GIB to compliment existing Boomerang
Great America: Nearly had a second B&M standup (Chang) to go along with Iron Wolf for 2011 season

And, while not a Six Flags park-

Canada's Wonderland: Last two major additions have been B&M mega/speed coasters.

The creative forces behind these additions is awe-inspiring.
"Next, we are going to solicit the children of strangers so that we can go on a ride designed for children. This is so I can post online and impress other people who are very good at procuring unfamiliar children in order to go on rides designed for children, and thus have a higher arbitrary number than me."

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby noregrets » Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:45 am

Personally I think SFSL is the most likely recipient were SFGAdv to pack up Bizarro. Great Escape has no space, and SFOT doesn't need it as badly (which I suppose doesn't actually matter to SF). What different does it make if it's used? It's new to Missouri. It's likely in fine condition as most B&Ms are, and it would probably be moderately refurbished were it to move. I don't understand why people have such a problem with used coasters. I look forward to riding Goliath at SFNE this coming spring, since I probably would not have been able to get to SFMM or Silverwood for ten or fifteen years, who knows. It's cool that the ride is being brought to me.

Postby Screamin_Eagle » Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:31 pm

to clarify things, I DON'T have a problem with used coasters, I do know that they will most likely repaint it, and rename it.and it will be like brand new. I have been going to the park since it's beginnings, i have seen the changes good and bad it has gone through, and I also see the park doing what it can to impress home office, to try and get those big installations, but they keep passing it by... here have a smaller family coaster, here have another one, here have a water slide.. yes we got Sky screamer, hey its a great sight seeing ride, but really not worth riding more than once...

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby jzoole » Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:11 pm

I agree with Screamin_Eagle that SFSL needs a hyper. The park has a really good lineup of rides, but what would you say is the SIGNATURE ride of the park? The park really does have a solid collection, but it's missing one more really big flagship ride. There are only two other parks in the chain that don't have a hyper (SFDK and SFFT).

However, if plans are being made to relocate Medusa/Bizarro, it might as well go to SFSL. It would make the most sense. The only other park in the chain that doesn't have a floorless and could easily fit Bizarro without removal of a major ride is SFA, and they just got regifted with IW/Apocalypse.

So anyway, I think it would be great if SFSL got Bizarro in 2013, and then maybe two or three years down the line added a hyper.

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby noregrets » Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:54 pm

In my mind I always perceived Boss as the signature ride, I always thought it was the coolest and biggest ride there, but I'm judging this from buzz and photos as I've never been there. I agree the park does desperately need a big huge hunk of metal that you can see the st. louis skyline from the top of. A nice Intimidator style hyper coaster would be perfect. How did this park get passed over by six flags thirteen years ago but Darien Lake managed to get a hyper? It seems like it's in a much larger market.

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby Geauga Dog » Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:33 pm

I think Screamin' Eagle is the signature ride there. It's what put the park on the map in 1976 and even though it might be a minor point but the lift hill really dominates the skyline with it being on the hill.

Medusa/Bizarro would be a great addition especially since their only sit-down multi-looper is a small Vekoma.

Postby Screamin_Eagle » Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:30 pm

If I'm not mistaken, Goliath at SFOG was originally designed for our park, and went to the other park because our park didn't have high enough attendance numbers.. The coasters station would have been located where American Thunder was built.

and yes The Eagle is the parks signature coaster and it really did put the park on the map, although both Boss and Batman and Freeze are good sized coasters, no other Coasters in the park had the same impact the Screamin Eagle did when it was installed.

I own the website www.donkey.com

Postby angryemobeaver » Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:42 pm

Just for fun I decided to quickly see what Bizarro would look like at SFStL. Please excuse the fact that it looks sloppy.
st louis.PNG
Located next to Skyscreamer, I think this would be a good location. Opinions?
Viewed 841 times
Intimidator 305|Maverick|Intimidator|Patriot|Millennium Force|Goliath|Volcano|Mystery Mine|Raging Bull|Mamba

Voyage|Shivering Timbers|Cornball Express|Raven|American Thunder|Georgia Cylone|Prowler|Boardwalk Bullet|Thunderhead|Legend

Coasters ridden: 134

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!