TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Magic Mountain's Tatsu - B&M Flying Coaster!

Question:

Everybody keeps talking about forces and how they dont want it to be like SB and all! Forgive my ignorance, but, are forces all that on a flyer? I mean, I can see why they matter other rides, but do forces really enhance a ride, when you are on your stomach, as 95% of this ride takes place on your stomach.

Because, really, except for the pretzle loop, I cant see that many "forces" on this ride.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe the feeling they are most going for is flight. As high as this thing is off the ground, it should achieve this. I think the positive forces fealt most will still be at the base of the pretzel loop. Mabey at the base of the innitial drop.

Are there such things as negative G's on a flyer?

Guy "Not too sure about that." Koepp

Hmm, I wonder...

Dueling Dragons is one of the greater B&M coasters, according to most people, right?

Well, what is it's theme? A dragon.

What's Tatsu? A dragon.

Connection? Could it be that Tatsu is the next great B&M that blows all stereotypes out of the water about their rides being fun but forceless?

Probably not.

However Tatsu turns out, there will be complainers and there will be fans. What I don't want to hear is that horrible word "forceless." I'm really getting tired of that. A ride can be a lot of fun without pulling extreme Gs.

I'm betting Tatsu will be a lot of fun.

Eric

guytkoepp wrote:
Are there such things as negative G's on a flyer?

tHe Won wrote:

Is there such thing as air time on a flyer?

Mmmmm... Same question different moods. You be tha judge.

Guy "Department of redundancy department." Koepp

I'm sorry, I probably deserved that!

However Tatsu turns out, there will be complainers and there will be fans. What I don't want to hear is that horrible word "forceless." I'm really getting tired of that. A ride can be a lot of fun without pulling extreme Gs.

I'm betting Tatsu will be a lot of fun.

Eric

True... I always like riding Gold Rusher, Log Jammer, Jet Stream, Ninja, etc. when it's crowded or I'm bored due to the fact that they're simply just nice, fun terrain rides. It's cool to go up in the middle of the mountain where there's nothing but trees and stuff.

And if Tatsu's like that... and a coaster to boot... laying on your stomach, occasionally looking face down on the rest of the park...then who needs Gs? It'll be awesome.

-amanda

Excellent update! What is that big orange box next to the lift segment?:

http://www.themeparkreview.com/sfmmnew06/sfmm1126054.jpg

Is that the whole lift motor?

Welp, I'll have to meet up with you guys one day.

You mean the yellow one? looks like it to me!

th elift doesnt look all that steep either, i guess i thought the area was way smaller than it is.

Eh, for some reason, tumbleweeds gather at our house during high winds. Where they come from, who knows? That Mazda should be honored that it's so loved by these random critters.

That lift hill is going to be steep, judging by that lift piece thingie.

Eric

It was 37F last night, that's darn cold enough for me! Saturday was pretty bad too, the winds were cool during the day, but then at night it just got worse and we were all cursing the stupid thin pants that Magic makes their employees wear. Oddly enough, Sunday wasn't that bad, even after it got dark.