TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Amazing Adventures of Jarmor!

jarmor

Ok I have been putting this off for some time but its time to get these TR's running! Oct 6th-9th I decided to head down to Universal Orlando to check out 2 of the best parks in the world and the worlds best halloween event, halloween Horror Nights. Im gonna this this photo style TR so have fun reading and watching...

-October 6th, 2005-

After a little over an hour drive to Charlotte I finally made it to the airport around 8ish that morning. It was a pretty wet morning but the south needed the rain but c'mon, why did it have to happen on MY weekend. But anyway I was able to get a flight on airtran for like 180 round trip from charlotte to orlando and leaving out of tampa back to charlotte (we'll talk more about tampa in a later eposide 8) ) After checking in I board the plane and luckly I had a window seat...

Yep thats my view. After listening, or better yet watching, the flight attendants go over the safety precautions I decided to start working on my water park design. Some people knitt, some people bird watch but for me my hobby is designing a waterpark!

After getting a ginger ale from the flight attendant and my ever soo delicious pretzels...

I decided to work on a coaster design...

I dont know about you but coasters are on my mind almost all the time, hey that rhymed lol lol. Anyway I thought of an idea about having a coaster themed after an air flight out of control. Yeah the idea has been done before but the story line is different than anything done before. Its like you are testing out a new type of plane, and open air plane that really gets the passengers up close and personal w/ the flight and also these state-of-the-art planes are remotely flown (yeah smart thinking right). well you go thru the thingy to get on the plane and sit down, then your "plane" moves backwards, ya know just like the real ones do. then you get on some switchback track and prepare to take off. Enough already here are some shots of the design...

I finally made it to orlando after a weather delay and got to the hotel and was immediately dissapointed being that it was only one shuttle leaving for universal and one shuttle comming back from universal each day! Now im no tourist expert but I think in order to have people want to come back to your place you should provide if not around the clock, several times a day a shuttle going to and from the park...but thats just me. On top of that I found out that I have to pay an extra tax, something like tourist tax or county tax which the front desk dude said, thats why we dont have to pay taxes we have the tourist for that lol lol. AND you had to pay .75 cent for local calls. So I wasnt at all pleased w/ the hotel...whats the name you ask, its the Howard-Johnson on international drive. Avoid this place at all cost! But anyway after a 8.00 cab ride to universal which was a 3 minute ride (also dont ride in a cab with no meter, but thats the cab company the hotel called for me...figures ). I finally get to the parks around 4. I knew I would only have like an hour at islands of adventure which closed at 5 and some more time at the studios which closes at 6 so I still went. As you see it really wasnt a big crowd around that time at in universal city walk...

After arriving at IOA I went to get my 2 day 3rd day free pass from the guest service desk and after looking over my ID the lady said in a faint voice, "ya ya your jarvis?" and I replied "why yes, yes I am...". Immediately I heard some doors slamming and papper rattling behind and turn around and saw this...

Well lol lol it didnt quite happen but I had to throw in some climatic moment! However my pass didnt work because it wasnt validated yet, dont ask me what that means bottom line it wasnt working for me, so the guest relations worker lead me thru the vip tour entrance so I can enjoy the park. So now im thinking SWEET I can visit an extra day since my pass wasnt scanned and wont be working until tomorrow! At this time it had stop raining but I was still worried because the sky looked like it was about to do some damage so I just started exploring port of entry. After reading barry's vip tour TR I start looking for all of the things mention and I saw them...Oh yeah how can I forget! My intentions were to go to Uniersal Orlando and film for my project but due to several factors I decided not to...and no it had nothing to do w/ getting in trouble lol lol. Now, where was I..oh yeah exploring POE. This area is very well done and the detail is out of this world...

Here is a cool park logo at the door of one of the shops...

Something creepy is going on in this place after dark...

universal also seems to be in love with stilt walkers...

here is a shot of the jail that housed the only prisoner...

Dont let the blue skys fool ya...as soon as I snapped this shot it start pouring down!

Hummm...what could this be for?

After riding hulk I decided to check out doom falls. It seems to be more enjoyable to me this time than the others. The launch up and the first fall are out of this world, but the rest of the ride just seems to just mingle. I then headed over to rip saw falls to check it out. I mainly wanted to ride this to see how wet I would get. I only rode it once and that was in 2002 and I vaguely remembered the ride. Virtually walking on the ride I start my journey. as soon as we get to the outside sections I found out that it had start pouring raining and my hair was gonna suffer big time! The verdict is, thats one wet ride lol lol. I dont remember the second drop being there but it was a very wet ride. After that I decided to go check out jurassic park, all soak and wet might I add...

Basically I went to see what the mine shafts looked like and well...here they go...

This one was longer and I guess some sort of path to no where!

Even the dinos got in on the scar-action!

Next I stop by JP river adventure to take some shots of the splash down...

All that water and you barely get a sprinkle lol lol...

After I left the parks I decided to go dine at pastamore' and had some pretty darn good pasta w/ clams, oysters, jumbo shrimp and some kinda fish in it! It was good and spicy. Well now it was time to head back to the hojo and call night. I get in my room, pretty nice room it was clean and already had iron and board in it so I was set. Went to clean my face (all that rain and sweat and hair products are yucky) and to my suprise I realized I had no choices!

-October 7th 2005-

Now its friday morning and im all psyched and ready to go back to the parks. I get up extra early being that the only shuttle leaves to go to the parks at 8:55 so I get dressed and grab the free food they had and wait for the shuttle. To my suprise (and dont know why I was suprised) the shuttle was full and it was standing room only. It was full before it even got to the hotel! So I figured it was only a 3-5 minute ride so what the heck. The first park I tackled was IOA. Typical day at the park yada yada then I head to the best thing that ever happen to theme parks, Mythos. This is hands down the best resturant ever! The staff is friendly, the atmosphere is great and the music is creepy.

This was the view from my table...what more can you ask for!

Well perhaps the biggest shrimp tempura roll I have ever had! And it was placed on the best looking plate I had ever seen...this is the aftermath.

Hey you ! Stop licking the screen!

After that I decided to take on the ooey gooey bananna chocolate cake. I would have had pics of it but by the time my camera started up the cake was gone! So after sitting for a while and pondering about life I decided to go check out the park more. You know what all the times I have been to IOA I have never noticed this...

also if you look close enough you can see the best attraction in the park but it was only there for a limited amount of time. What attraction would that be...none other than...

me!

And not only does mythos serve the best food...its also the best looking resturant I have ever seen...

here is another something that I have never noticed while at the parks. Well I have noticed the creature but I didnt know it was half fish!

After riding dueling dragons, I can honestly say those are the most intense B&M coasters I have ever been on. I have been on BMTR, Top Gun, and Montu but these are the best because they are super smooth and the dueling effect gets me everytime! Now its time to head over to Suess Landing. I like this area of the park because of the whimsical feel it has. The music, the stories, all of it is a hit w/ me. Probably because I think on a 4 year olds level huh lol lol.

The infamous driving machines...

As you can see the park still isnt busy...

Greedy fish all they want is to take my money just to spit water on me!

mandatory shot of Caro-suess-el...

One more look at Suess Landing before I head out...

Now its time to head over to the studios...

Now let's see if im getting this...dupe the stock market, go to jail, and get out and get a hit T.V. show? Man im in the wrong business!

Nothing makes my day like seeing a huge blue globe spin in a mist filled enviroment!

No particular reason for this shot just wanted to take it!

However it looks like the studios is getting ready for christmas...or is this up year round?

Fear factor seemed to be pretty popular but I think i'll pass...

MIB has a pretty cool sign...outside and in.

Time for a random fat guy pic...obviously he forgot his six pack at home and thought he was wearing it that day...

Time for a commerical break stay tuned for more pics of HHN, IOA, USF, and random fat people!

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's so cool to see someone else do a IOA/Universal Photo TR. You even pointed out a few things I have never noticed myself. I am glad the weather was not as bad as I thought it would be for you that weekend. Thanks for posting, I can't wait to see the rest of em.

Commercial break is over now...

Now where were we...oh yeah I left the studios and went back to the hotel to freshen up for a festive evening at HHN. I arrived back to the park around 6:45 and was glad to see everyone going in the opposite direction of the parks. When I arrive at the gates of IOA I swear I was at a 50 cent concert judging by the ample amount of security at the entrance but hey, safety first. As I walked thru the gates I was greeted by this thing...

He too asked me if I was jarvis, however I frantically shaked my head no and ran like crazy lol lol. But from that point on I knew I was in for the shock of my life! So as I got deeper and deeper in the fog I could hear the screams and the rearing of the chain saws but couldnt see crap! Until this came in front of me...

and it got closer...

and it well...go to HHN and you will see . Overall terra run was pretty fun. I dont think much can be done with the entrance being that its the mouth of the event and you dont want to have things too congested around that area. The scarafice show was kinda...well...not that exciting. it was good but it seemed a little too staged for my liking. The first time I saw it was when I first got to the park and it was done with out the queen. You can kinda tell the crowd wasnt all that excited about it because they had to ask for the crowd to make some noise several times before someone actually screamed! After watching the show I headed over to Iron Bone Gorge. This is not a place you take a teen who just reached pruberty because he would be, well, "alert" from all of the dancing biker chicks but dont worry...the chain saw dudes and biker dudes will fix that real quick! This section of the event was the most wildest and had non-stop action that people beg for.

From the what looked to be hundreds of dancing chicks lining the streets and everywhere to the roaming bikes this section rocks, literally. well after walking thru for a little I decided to go check out demon cantina. I really did like that house. The scares are good the rooms are cool but I wished it was a tad bit longer. What really creeped me out was the ending...I dont know what that thing was but it had me high tailing it out of there! Forgot to tell ya I actually filmed HHN instead of IOA so I dont have much pictures from the event but im still going to try to give you a good overview of the event.

after demon cantina I decided to check out Iron bone gorge...

Hey you 2 the party's out here!

even spidey looks creepy in the fog.

And you cant go wrong with booty bouncing dead biker chicks!

After that it was time to go check out...

This year the show was pretty good. The only one I have to compare it to is last years and I kinda liked last years better. This year it seemed like it was too much random stuff going on but the ending was pretty good. The celebs they chosed this year were great choices and it wasnt as much dancing going on. I wish I could have seen what it was like when it was held at the wild west stunt show stage. I heard it was pretty good there. Well, I dont really have any photos of the show since I was recording the whole show! After the show let out I just hung around for a bit because if you have been to it before you know it becomes very crowded around that area. When the crowd died down I went to go check out the rest of south hollow. The area of the park was not as scary or themed as some of the others. The only thing it really had going on for it was the cool lazer and fog effects, but I dont think this area was suppose to be that scary...

Here is a shot of the lazer source. Pretty cool huh...

There were a few scaracters scattered about but it wasnt all that scary over there. to my suprise they were running Ripsaw Falls and even more of a suprise people were ridding it. I dont know about you, but I dont think I wanna be walking around at night wet. Although it was pretty warm during the day it got a tad bit cooler that night. But anyway here are some night shots of Ripsaw Falls...

and a closer look...

It may just be me but for some reason that looks like a scale model lol lol and you can even see some of the cars droping. After watching people get soaked I decided to go check out gorewood forest. This is the creepiest section of them all being that the whole area is dark but we will get back to that in a minute. Lets talk about The Skool. As you know bill and ted just let out and everyone atuomatically walks to the left. The line for this thing was very long! Even the express line was like 60 minutes. I decided to come back at a later time and when I did, well...I was let down a little. This house wasnt scary at all. Sure kids are creepy but they just stand there, well they did when I went thru. Universal did a wonderful job on recreating a old looking school but the only scare I saw was when one of the kids banged a bat on the table in the cafeteria, now that kind of startled me but other than that it was just a walk thru admiring the detail of the house and the scaracters (who looked just like little kids!). Ok lets rewind back a bit...after learning the express line was like an hour at the skool I decided to go check out body collectors. But on the way there, man o man, its very intense. See as I mention earlier this whole area is dark (which is why I have no pictures) and the scaracters are camoflouged in folige and some are hiding behind the trees. Here is the only picture I took in the area...

Jurassic park is the best place to hide scaracters because the trees block out the moon light and they add more of a scare appeal to the event. But what really freaked me out was those huge animals w/ the glowing eyes! But anyway I managed to get to Body Collectors in one piece. Like I said it was dark so here is one pic from waiting in the que for body collectors...I think...

Now about the house. This one was pretty darn good. The Scaracters had me jumping all over the place. The lighting effects are amazing in this house. To me it wasnt your typical house being that it wasnt all dark and scary looking but trust me...its very scary in there. The posted wait time for this house was like 15 minutes but I guess alot of people had poured in from not wanting to wait for the skool since its right around the corner so the wait was a tad bit longer than that. So what do I do...pull out my trusty express pass and wait no time! I highly reccomend getting one of those if you are going on any night! However I only had to use mines for one of the houses (this one) and the actual rides, but other than that it stayed in my pocket! After I left Gorewood Forest I headed over to what is the best themed section this year, Dragon Forge.

I was amazed when I walked into dragon forge. The lenths the park went thru to make this area seem like a firery pit is out of this world. And not to mention the scaracters. This section had the most scaracters and the most diverse anywere. I know I saw atleast 4 different types! But beware the chainsaw guys are literally naked yep, even the fat ones! This section is where I was got spooked the most...how spooked did I get you say? Check this out...

After that I had to go change my underwear...had a little "smelly" accident. Oh yeah...here is the only pic I was able to take with out getting the crap scared out of me...

That chick was actually filming a commercial for telemundo or something. I asked if I can be featured in the commercial and they were like "do you speak spanish?" and I was like "ummm...no but I can scream in spanish see... el AHHHHHHHHHHHo" needless to say I didnt get the part but oh well. After getting a tad bit lost trying to get to Terror Mines I finally made it. The wait time for this house A big fat 0! Thats right the regular line had no wait time at all. Actually all of the houses on this side of the park had no wait time. Everyone went to the left and crowded iron bone gorge, south hollow, and the first part of jurassic park but no one was in this area so im all happy now, but realize I had an express that I paid for and probably wont get to use it...bummer.

This house was pretty cool. The scares were good and I loved how universal makes use of the air guns. I was kinda looking to do the water tunnel thing some ways into the house vs at the very beginning of it but it was still fun none the least. It was cool seeing people freak out when the lights went out and those ugly creature things were on point! Pretty cool idea for a house but wasnt all that great to me...next up blood ruins. Generally anything thing that goes in the sound stages is pretty good but well...I dont even remember this house so that should tell you alot. Next...

First let me say although this event is advertised in just islands of adventures its really in both parks! After walking thru North hollow I found the malkden path (i know I soo butchered the spelling of that). This place kinda killed the event to me but after I got thru to the studios part the whole theming was gone so I guess the path is what takes you back to reality being that there were no scares over there but there was this chick...

and this dude...

But the suprise of the night was found at rat race. While I didnt do it because I didnt want to get wet or anything It seemed pretty cool watching the lighting effects and people running around laughing and having fun...oh yeah the suprise! The conductor of the Rat Race was none other than....

Yep Jack was running things around those neck of the woods. After sitting and watching for a while I decided to go check out Where Evil Hides. I really enjoyed this house! I live the hall of doors and the transition thru the closet to the place...where evil hides! Any house that has stairs and water effects and people on bungee cords (well...Cold Blind Terror had bungee people also but...) is a winner in my book! This is the ONLY place you will see the storyteller in the event, unless you buy a t-shirt. I think they could have done more with her but oh well...

After that house it was time to go check out Cold Blind Terror. Pretty nice attempt at a completely dark house but when you sell lighted beer cups and people bring them with them lol lol its not gonna work. I did like the people w/ the flash lights popping out and the wierd people flying above but this house seemed more like a fun house than something to make to use my undies as a crapper. But it was still fun walking thru it. Actually...this seemed like it was the reycling bin of the park because it had effects and props that were used at several past houses and scare zones in the past. By that time , it was time to head back to...

After hitting up some of the rides I decided to go back to the hojo but before I left they were doing another scarafice and this time the queen showed up. I really wished they could have done more w/ her too. For petes sake she doesnt even speak! All she does is raise her hands and moves around on the bike...but anyway here is a shot of the terror throne all pretty at night...

Overall it was a very nice event and I really enjoyed myself, as you can tell by the video clip , this event is definitely worth the trip for!

Time to pay the bills with another commercial break (actually I have to go to class lol lol) will be back w/ more Universal studios, Hungry ass's, and a picture from hong kong disney?...stay tuned!

Wow what a long commercial break!

October 8th

I decided to start my day off at the studios since the last 2 days I have been starting off at IOA. I really like the studios because mainly all the attractions are hidden with in the themeing and nothing really stands out...well except the kiddy stuff but thats another story. When I got in the park I decided to take this pic since this would probably be the closest it will get to california any time soon...

My first stop was to shrek 4D. After taking a trip to...

We find ourselves in lord farquad's tourture chamber and they give the story about that happen between shrek 1 &2. This is another attraction that shows how much the workers of universal really like their jobs. The crews are always great and very funny....if you dont agree then you will get flogged ...**ok all together** "Ooooh Nooooo!". The this is your typical 3D movie attraction that uses the water effects and compressed air and other effects. But they are wrong for what happen to the fairy at the end lol lol. After that I decided to check out the talking donkey located outside. I was very impressed with this concept. I dont know how but its amazing how well donkey interacts with the crowd and its nothing pre recorded its all live. Needless to say it had the longest wait time in the whole park that day!

Next attraction in the line up was Twister-ride out! After a short walk thru...

We find ourselves in the kitchen in the main house featured in the movie. After several preshow films telling us about twisters and how the movie was made we find ourselves "outside" in the area of the drive in movie theater. I have to say, this attraction always scares the crap outta me everytime I experience it. With the wind, the rain, the fire and all that stuff going on around you its impossible to say it was "nothing". I can just imagine what being in front of a real one is like! This time I mananged to make it out dry, noo not from wetting my pants lol lol but its one of those attractions that you have a good chance of getting wet. Back in the new york section of the park I decided to take this picture...

Before heading to Revenge of the Mummy. Wow is all I can say about this attraction. This ride is very good in my counting opinion lol lol. The whole dark ride scene is pretty creepy and very detailed. Its impossible to take in everything in the scenes in just one ride. But no matter how many times I ride I NEVER see the rumored kong statue or any of the rumored kong stuff! But what I really love about ridding mummy is that mostly everyone ridding has no clue that its a roller coaster and during that launch...its just classic the things people say! Combine that with some great moments of air time...I think I counted 4 (which is great for such a small coaster)...awesome themeing...and real fire...and not to mention that very scary imoteph animatronic, you have yourself one sure fire way to keep guest comming back and back for more! I mananged to get about 3 rides in like 15 or so minutes but left when some school or church group of kids start abrusing the single riders line, oh well it happens.

So while exploring NY I came upon this sign...

I nearly crapped my pants because I was soo ready to ride the cyclone! After following the arrow I found out I was duped and there was no coney islands or a cyclone ...but I did get mugged and an offer from a "street walker" (and not the kind on stilts either 8) ), man universal really knows how to recreate the enviroment. After asking an employee where the cyclone is, yeah not giving up hope yet , I was told that I would have a better chance of finding weapons of mass distructions on the bush ranch than finding the coney islands cyclone at universal! Of course no employee told me that just adding some humor So with that said I decided to head over to san fransisco. This is another cool, well themed area of the park. While passing...

I decided to pass on it because its not that "appealing" to me. From what I hear it was a whole lot better when it had the phantom in it instead of those twin crack whores! Oh well, hey did I mention how busy the park was?

I thought the people must have forgotten the park is open on a saturday! Now what day at universal will be complete without experiencing earthquake! While not a blockbuster attraction its something that the whole family can enjoy, and even participate in. Here is the first area we are in where we see how the some movie effects are generated thru these windows...

Oh here is a shot of the control panel...nothing to do while waiting to fill the room so shoot pictures...

The second preshow area shows more movie magic and special effects, like what...cant tell ya but someone takes a fall thru a distroyed building lined with jagged edges. Now the actual earthquake simulation is pretty fun. see all that stuff stuff fall down and watching it reset itself while you are exiting is something you dont see at most parks! After some more rides and attractions like e.t. and terminator 2 3D which is very cool, im still trying to figure out how some of the effects are actually done, I decided to head over to IOA. But before I left i ran into this chick...

She was moving pretty quick and I mananged to stop her and ask her where she was going and she replied the gym. So im sitting here stratching my head wondering what the heck she is talking about but then I looked up and saw it... (ok how many of you really get it...you have to study the picture! 8) ) But hey, just like love...there is a gym for everybody!

Now im about to enter IOA and noticed this...

Yep, there a man standing right there looking like he is about to fall a sleep! (see you're a bad person lol lol )

For some reason after being at the park for the last 3 days I just didnt wanna wait in line for much of anything at IOA that day. Partly because I had ridden everything over the last few days numerous times already. So basically time time spent in IOA was just admiring the atomsphere and decor. But while admiring the great atmopshere I notice this...

I soo wanna know his story. I was sadden at the same time yet, confused because he seemed pretty normal but just a tad bit overweight. All I know is that he wasted his money for admission because I dont think he could have ridden anything...not even the B&M big boy seats could have saved him...but anyway after strolling thru marvel SHI I went over to toon lagoon. I was basically following the layout of the parks and taking cool pictures like this...

For all of you photo folks out there toon lagoon is the place to take a great amount of photos. It seems as if the themeing was placed just for that purpose!

After marveling over the final drop of ripsaw falls I decided to take one more trek thru jurassic park before my time ends at IOA. Now I didnt say anything but during my whole trip I was looking for that expensive tree that IOA purchased that barry describes in his VIP tour TR. And there I found it standing in all of its glory...

There was no way I was gonna get all of that tree in one shot. Just as barry stated, that thing looks like it is like 20 trees tied into one. Nice huh...but while walking around it seems like some of the locals from the newly open Hong Kong disneyland decided to come across the water to check out the IOA, and this time they kept their kids fully clothed...

After showing them where the restrooms were I went over to ride dragons one more time!

My biggest wish is for B&M to use the same concept on another pair of dueling coasters and place it in my backyard! After riding the dragons until I couldnt feel my legs...speaking of legs...I spotted this...

Ok people, if you insist on wearing wedgey inducing shorts atleast wear a shirt that doesnt draw attention to it. That bring a new meaning to the term "hungry ass". Since I was a couple yards I decided to go back to mythos. Today my server was, dang I dont really remember his name right now but im almost positive it was Robert. He blew me away more than the food. We had a conversation about HHN and he was asking me if I was going and how he went that previous night. We then went on to talk about how he worked it for 10 years and he made a note that "its just not the same anymore" but still he said it was an awesome event. And what took the cake, literally, is that he knew that I wanted the ooey gooey cake! he said it was the HHN vibe kicking in lol lol. But before my cake got there I had to go potty. Guys I almost thought I was in a house at HHN when I went to the restroom. If you have ever been in the restrooms at mythos you know exactly what I mean! And if you havent then here are some shots...

Talk about disorienting, imagine standing up wizzing looking at it! Now only is it the best resturant in a theme park chain but it also has the best restrooms!

Well That ended my IOA, US, and HHN eposide but dont fret busch gardens in next in the line up! I want to say thanks alot to those who read all of this and looked at all of the pictures!

That bathroom would make me really dizzy. :shock: I feel sorry for the janitors there...

We had a conversation about HHN and he was asking me if I was going and how he went that previous night. We then went on to talk about how he worked it for 10 years and he made a note that "its just not the same anymore" but still he said it was an awesome event.

As much as I love IOA, I'm really hoping HHN goes back to Universal next year. I found this year to be pretty mediocre, and I think it's definitely time to go old school.

But no matter how many times I ride I NEVER see the rumored kong statue or any of the rumored kong stuff!

Hey Jarvis, the next time you get down hear and visit Imhotep, the King Kong statue is in the treasure room. If you look to the left side of the car, it is a little to the right and a little towards the back (as soon as the lights come on, turn your head to the left, look to the center, then slowly look to the right, you should be able to see him in time). He is in his classic pose with both arms up and looks to be about 3 feet tall and 2 feet wide?, but it's hard to tell how big it really is 'cause of the distance from the car. You have to look as soon as the lights come on and light up all the treasure, you only have a few seconds to spot him, once the lights go out, it's hard to see him, unless you know right where to look.

Good luck

P All "wants Kong back and can do without E.T."

Robert is the most kick butt waiter at Mythos. Very good service as well as being able to get me Balsamic Chicken a little over a month ago for lunch. I made sure and gave him a generous tip!! What's also cool is that everytime I come in there to eat he always manages to say "Hello!" even though I may have a differnt waiter or waitress.