TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Mini TR: First Halloween Horror Nights 15

POSSIBLE SPOILERS!!!

This year HHN is only in IOA and boy am I glad! For the first time they radically changed the theming of all the different areas. Marvel Super Hero Island was a crazy undead biker area, Jurrasic Park was a weird non-dino feel with crazy creatures that I call "BugDogs" all over the place and the port of entry was a sacrificial area for the Queen of the Dammed creature that rules this years event. I only ended up making it to 3 houses and bill and ted's due to lines and an early start time for work tomorrow (6 am...ugh!) but all 3 were great along with awesome island outside theming.

Houses -

Demon Cantina - This is where disorintorium was last year (behind Dr. Doom) and this year they added AC!!! Yae!!! Themed as a biker bar if run by devils it had plenty of good scares and decent theming with a horribly bad ending (it looked like the devil from South Park!). This building needs to be about 2 times the size to get a decent house - too short but well done!

Where Evil Hides - This has the grandma that it on all the ads at the beginning but it is really a well done "Best of" house. It has Freddy, Jason, the vampires on bungies from last year and a really cool door hallway that was a good scare. Nice and long and in the soundstages this was the best that I saw for the night.

Blood Ruins - Medieval themed and not to scary this had beautiful sets as you walked through a plague ravaged village. Worth it for the hot renaissance women..

Bill and Ted's - Best show in QUITE a few years. They stayed away from the current events and focused on the entertainment with lots of T&A and some great musical numbers. Not going to give away all the characters but imagine if Charlie and the Chocolate factory meet the Dukes of Hazzard - weird but it worked!

I got the frequent fear pass so hopefully next time I can catch a few more of the houses - but overall it seems like a win for the 15th anniversary of the event!

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So two things I note...

1. "Only got to three mazes because of lines" wasn't Haunt like DEAD on the opening night?

2. They got the rights to Freddy & Jason? Awesome! I guess they must have been too expensive for Knott's!

--Robb "Wow, this sounds awesome!" Alvey

Where Evil Hides - This has the grandma that it on all the ads at the beginning but it is really a well done "Best of" house. It has Freddy, Jason, the vampires on bungies from last year and a really cool door hallway that was a good scare. Nice and long and in the soundstages this was the best that I saw for the night.

Wait, what? It was like the shortest house there. :shock: