TPR and Theme Park Artwork

Art created by TPR artists!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Upload files from No Limits, Roller Coaster Tycoon, etc...
Discuss CoasterDynamix, KNEX Models, and more random stuff!
Telling it like how it is

Postby Mr.Six » Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:42 am

Mike no like'sa riding da Shaft of Terror.

:Pr

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby Reon » Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:16 am

From one artist to another, sheer awesomeness! I definately say go for the graphic design route, but be prepared for anything. My college had a bunch of prerequisite classes that were extremely annoying and abstract before we were even aloud to take basic art classes.

Still, completely epic! Love all of those scenes
Proud Coney Island Ride-op for 6 years!
Kings Island MSD/Racer crew of 2011
Kings Island Vortex/Windseeker crew of 2012-2013
Best Coaster Ever: :airtimer: Phoenix :airtimer: Top Steel: Intimidator 305 (Maverick in CLOSE 2nd)

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:28 am

They say that Shaft of Terror is bad mutha . . .

Watch your mouth!

But I'm just talkin' 'bout Shaft of Terror.

And we can dig it!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby netdvn » Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:49 am

Since my original topic got merged, I'll include a title in bold, bright, colorful letters in order to distinguish my posts from everybody else's.

Dan N's Theme Park Artwork Part 2

Thanks for the comments everybody. I'll definitely consider selling my artwork once I get my name out there.

Today's series of pictures comes from the fictional town of Swiss Falls Michigan and their family amusement park, Cheddar Beach. The park itself is run by the city and is funded through tax money as well as tourist money.

This year, the park is building a western themed coaster called Outlaw. It features a 65 mph launch into a top hat, a large amount of interaction with guests in line as well as interaction with theming.

If anybody has any questions, please see my FAQ on the previous page first. And on to the pictures...
Picture 005b.JPG
The sign greeting visitors - There is a teaser for the new ride on the left side of the sign.
Picture 004a.JPG
The coaster's entrance, note the signs haven't been put into place yet.
Picture 004b.JPG
A picture of the launch track overlooking the lake. The rocks provide a barrier as well as a theme.
Picture 005a.JPG
A picture of the station, it's still under construction.
Picture 005.jpg
One of the ride's elements from a backstage area. Taken with permission of course.
Picture 006.jpg
Outlaw through the theming. The B&M is Steel Eagle (1999) and the Intamin is Millennium Dragon (2000). A Screamin Swing and an S&S Combo Tower can be seen in this picture.
Picture 004.jpg
One of the low-to the ground turns. The coaster in the background is X-Scream (2004). Can you guess what this park is based off of?
Picture 005c.JPG
3 Intamins in one shot!!! The park seems oddly familiar.
Picture 007a.JPG
The coaster's logo. I hope you enjoyed my first fictional Photo TR.
Picture 009.jpg
Because everybody seems to like Shaft, You can see both Shaft's train as well as Air Raid's train in this picture. Dive Machines are very sexy.
Picture 007.jpg
This is a teaser shot for my next update, which will hopefully be soon.
Picture 008.jpg
Outlaw with Millennium Dragon in the background. The ride seems to have a more extensive theme than another coaster located in Ohio. EDIT, I forgot to add this picture.

Frutilicious!

Postby KrakenKing » Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:03 am

I've got your shaft of terror... sorry, I had to.

Nice drawings by the way
Signature.

Creator of terrible wallpaper.

Postby Thelegendarymatthew » Sun Mar 08, 2009 1:18 am

Some look a bit rushed, but better than the coaster art I can do. All I can do cartoon art. I'll post stuff once I get a scanner.
In all honesty, I hate this username.

Postby netdvn » Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:33 pm

^I agree that some of the pictures do look a bit rushed, and I'm thinking about fixing them later.

And thanks for the comments everybody!

I'm still coming along with the third project and will get it posted ASAP!

Postby netdvn » Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:50 pm

Dan's Theme Park Artwork Part 3a

The new ride I'm posting is a Gerstlauer Eurofighter named Grind. The ride and the station is completely finished, and the ride is currently testing. The park, Wild America is the current "roller coaster capital of the world" with 20 operational coasters. The park was owned by Paramount before Cedar Fair bought the property. This fictional Photo TR comes in two parts because I still have two more almost-finished pictures and I really want to post this now.

Grind features four inversions and a 97 degree drop. The ride was originally going to go into a building like Mystery Mine, but I know that Cedar Fair would probably not spend the extra money with theming. The ride is slightly inspired by the "Geronimo" coaster that somebody uploaded here a while ago.

The ligter pictures were done in pencil while the darker ones were done in pen.
Picture 004.jpg
Concept for the coaster... I got rid of the frames surrounding some of the track because they took too much tiime to draw. Note the funny lift supports as well.
Picture 002.jpg
The entrance to the park. Rides from left to right... Eiffel Tower, X-celerator, Nickelodeon Splat Tower, Grind, Fireball, and Falcon.
Picture 001.jpg
A picture of the ride with a testing train
Picture 003.jpg
Overview of the ride with a testing train.
Picture 003a.jpg
View of the MCBR to Dive Loop section. The tran is going into the double down.
Picture 006.jpg
The entrance to the ride. It is supposed to open sometime next month. The park opens in two weeks.
Picture 006b.jpg
Part of the pre-lift section, taken from the station.
Picture 006b.JPG
The ride's finale with the Eiffel Tower in the background.
Picture 003b.jpg
This is an unfinished "through the trash can" shot of a section of the pre-lift.
Picture 0011.jpg
A second unfinished picture, this one was taken in the queue line.
Delta Demon.jpg
Part 4's teaser shot. I will try to finish up the last two pictures and post them tomorrow. I don't color my pictures very often so this is a unique pic.

Postby FLIPDUDE » Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:51 pm

So beautiful!

I strongly suggest working on your shapes though. making them more accurate. For example, the picture of the pre-lift section from the station looks very odd-shaped.

I loved the colored one. It looks amazing

Postby netdvn » Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:13 am

^ Thank you Flipdude! I was waiting for a big-name TPR artist like you to see my work. I'll definately follow your advice.

Part of the reason some of the buldings look strange is partly because I don't user a ruler. As for the pre-lift picture, I can definately see some wierd angles with the pathway. I'll try to fix that with later updates.

I'm trying to finish up the unfinished pictures and will get them posted as soon as I can access the scanner.

PreviousNext

Return to Roller Coaster Games, Models, and Other Randomness