TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Best coaster ride when raining

I've been on a few coasters when it has been raining, went to Six Flags Holland this year and hit the woodie "Robin Hood", it started to rain and the operator said " this coaster flys in the wet as it "gains 6 seconds".

Was he right, the train rocketed down the 1st drop and through the rest of the course, the "airtime" improved as well

I had 6 rides on the woodie in the rain, most people left after 3 laps and prob thought I was mad riding in the rain.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My only ride on Millennium Force was in the rain. It was not a very pleasant experience having those raindrops pounding me in the face at 90+ miles per hour. I could not even open my eyes, because of the raindrops stabbing me in the face. I was in too much pain to enjoy the ride, which was pretty disappointing. I really hope that I can ride MF someday without the painful weather conditions .

Ive only ridden one coaster in the rain, and that was DD Fire.. NEVER AGAIN!! We got needled by the rain, and on top of that all the water that collected on top of the train poured down our backs as soon as we hit the brake run! A crappy experience.

Now I will ride a train right after a good rain, thats when they are extra fun.

I've been on a few coasters when it has been raining, went to Six Flags Holland this year and hit the woodie "Robin Hood", it started to rain and the operator said " this coaster flys in the wet as it "gains 6 seconds".

I love RH when is't wet, but when it's dry I don't really like it.

My personal favorite to ride in the rain is Tonnerre de Zeus. RH doesn't even come close to that!

Ghost Rider @ Knott's. Insane! They normally shut it down as soon as any rain starts. It was sprinkling very lightly when we left the station and by the time we were at the top of the lift hill it was pooring. I don't know how much speed you acctually pick up but it felt like a lot.

Dueling Dragons just after a heavy rain is insane. WAY faster than it is normally. It feels like it's going to fly off the track at certain points it goes so fast. Once I was in line for it and got to the station, then it started downpouring. So I sat down in the station and ended up falling asleep. By the time the ride was open again, it was soaked and gave me one of the best rides ever!

-Julie

If you think 90 MPH in rain is painful, try 120 MPH in a downpour!

Got on TTD right as a downpour came in. After my ride, they closed it! It was at night too, so it was really cool. Better than any other in the rain or at night.

when you go on rides like TTD of S:TE, rain drops feel like rocks!

I've done:

Apollo's Chariot

Loch Ness Monstar (in the HAIL)

S:RoS (SFNE)

B:DK

And in the snow:

Everything in SFNE besides B:DK, MSP, and the kiddies

Everything on Stratosphere! (Went in January, 2001 and it snowed, very odd seeing snow in the desert)