NEWS: Universal Releases Fear Factor Live Trailer

New video about their upcoming show!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Site Admin

NEWS: Universal Releases Fear Factor Live Trailer

Postby robbalvey » Thu Apr 21, 2005 1:52 pm

Hey everyone,

Universal was kind enough to let us know that they have released a trailer for their upcoming "Fear Factor Live" show that is going into both USH and USF.

There are a few different versions of the video, depending on your connection speed. Check it out here:

Fear Factor Live Trailer - WMV File 128k

Fear Factor Live Trailer - WMV File 300k

Fear Factor Live Trailer - WMV File 700k

Fear Factor Live Trailer - Quicktime Movie File 128k

Fear Factor Live Trailer - Quicktime Movie File 300k

Fear Factor Live Trailer - Quicktime Movie File 700k

Inspired by the phenomenally popular television series, Universal Studios Hollywood introduces "Fear Factor Live," an all-new interactive attraction that catapults ordinary people into extraordinary situations allowing them to challenge themselves, conquer their fears and test their physical and mental limits as they participate in a progression of extreme stunts before a live audience.

Opening simultaneously at both Universal Studios Hollywood and Universal Orlando in June 2005, "Fear Factor Live" marks the first time a blockbuster reality television show has been transformed into a theme park attraction.

"Fear Factor Live" will be the most intense audience participatory attraction ever created and will allow the entire family to experience the thrill and emotion associated with participating in extreme, pulse-pounding stunts, previously reserved for trained professionals.

The attraction will take guests out of their comfort zones and place them in unfamiliar territory as it preys on basic human fears.

WHAT GUESTS EXPERIENCE:
A series of progressive extreme stunts performed before a live audience and guided by a host who will reinforce the complexity and risks associated with the stunts performed in the attraction. Similar to the verbal disclaimer presented in the television series, the "Fear Factor Live" host will make the following announcements at the top of each show: "This is Fear Factor Live." The stunts you are about to see were designed and supervised by trained professionals. They are extremely dangerous and should never be attempted by anyone, anywhere, anytime."

"FEAR FACTOR LIVE" CASTING CALL& AUDIENCE PARTICIPATION:

Universal Studios Hollywood is creating a specially designed "Fear Factor Live" casting call booth, inviting theme park guests to audition for a Casting Director and participate in the all-new attraction. Mirroring the Fear Factor television program, each selected contestant will be videotaped to later air during their performance.

Employing the same technology utilized in "live" television broadcasts, the videotaped highlights will be transmitted electronically to an elaborate "Fear Factor Live" editing booth located within the attraction. The footage will be edited and readied for close-circuit broadcast during each contestant's performance.

Each "Fear Factor Live" performance will involve the participation of up to 18 guests with as many as 144 guests participating on a daily basis, resulting in a vastly different viewing experience for the audience each time "Fear Factor Live" is performed. Age, height and weight restrictions will apply and guests will be required to sign release forms.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby CoasterCrazy » Thu Apr 21, 2005 3:36 pm

It looks like a lot of fun, I hope that 240 pounds isn't over the weight limit. :) Does anyone know how old you will have to be?

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Thu Apr 21, 2005 3:40 pm

Good questions...probably 16 with an adults signature, or 18 & over.

They might do other versions at some point though.

Elissa "if it's cool stunts I'm in, but I won't eat or touch anything nasty!" Alvey

Shirtless Dude!

Postby Twister II » Thu Apr 21, 2005 4:37 pm

I just emailed Universal Hollywood because well thats where Im going soon. I dont really expect a reply at all. :?

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby macboy » Thu Apr 21, 2005 6:43 pm

Copy and paste link issue me thinks!

The Quicktime links are the same ones (Windows media files)

What gives hey?! :D

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Thu Apr 21, 2005 9:07 pm

Fixed! =)

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby CoasterCanada » Thu Apr 21, 2005 9:41 pm

Question: What dose the winner WIN? A free seasons pass to Hell!? lol :lol:

Not Everyone In Germany Wears Lederhosen and Eats Sauerkraut

Postby Hattuchili » Thu Apr 21, 2005 10:54 pm

I have seen fear factor a few times on TV and the show is awesome. The trailer was really good. I hope the live show at the Universal Parks will be as good as the TV show.

--Soeren
--> from good old Germany and back in Orlando!

WDW's Newest Tigger

Postby RCTfan » Fri Apr 22, 2005 1:34 am

I'd SO do that! I've always wanted to do something different like that, SIGN ME UP. So going to Universal to do that. Sweet!

Fabulously FIERCE!

Postby DenDen » Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:50 am

If they would just take out the "cuisine" part of the show, I'd be there! :crazy:

Next

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!