Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

P. 1046 - Howl-o-Scream media event
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 5 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Re: The Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW) Discussion Thread

Postby redfoot12 » Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:52 pm

Does Busch Gardens still do the Fun Pass for Virginia residents? I haven't really paid attention to this over the past couple of years.

I'm wickedly obsessed with Ron Toomer

Postby B-RadG » Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:44 pm

redfoot12 wrote:Does Busch Gardens still do the Fun Pass for Virginia residents? I haven't really paid attention to this over the past couple of years.

Yes sir, the Fun Pass still exists.

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby Saldek » Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:09 pm

^^The BGW Fun Card no longer has VA resident restrictions. Anybody can buy it.

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby bill_s » Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:39 am

The Fun Card is kind of dethroned by EZ Pay .. payments spread monthly (no interest), free parking and passholder benefits, good all year and a whole year (or 2) whenever you buy it (wraps around), can be extended monthly (for example you can do 13 months and get in a week before KD opens 2 years in a row on one "year" pass). I probably wouldn't have a BG pass right now, but it's such an EZ temptation ;) .

I wish they would make Street Fighter Donkey.

Postby KDcoasterMAN » Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:52 am

I have the EZ Pay 2-Year Season Pass which I purchased October of 2009 and it has been one of the best purchases I have ever made. There are allot of benefits to having the season pass for such a overall low average cost.

Don't make me kick you in the donkey!

Postby braztaz » Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:57 am

http://www.buschgardens.com/bgw/Explore/Rides.aspx?id=2042

Updated their ride page, the color scheme will apparently be blue and white.
Reality is a lovely place, but I wouldn't wanna live there.

Open Up Happiness

Postby jedimaster1227 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:58 am

Busch Gardens Williamsburg has sent us a press release about their expansion efforts...

Three years of research, strategic planning and guest feedback culminates this spring with the debut of new rides at Busch Gardens and Water Country USA. Busch Gardens’ Mäch Tower℠ and Water Country USA’s Vanish Point℠ were announced Sept. 18 in front of 2,000 park fans inside Busch Gardens’ Das Festhaus. Fans also heard details of a completely rejuvenated Oktoberfest area that will feature a new restaurant, beer garden and performance spaces designed to complement Mäch Tower.

Contractors broke ground on both attractions last fall, and work is on schedule for completion this spring. Today, the sounds of heavy equipment emanate from inside the Williamsburg theme parks as jackhammers and bulldozers make way for the two new thrill rides.

Long before construction crews began working, Busch Gardens’ officials were hard at work researching how to enhance the guest experience. The strategic planning began more than three years ago for Mäch Tower and Vanish Point.

The decision to build one attraction over another comes down to consumer demand and what fits appropriately with the parks’ overall themes.

“When we develop a new attraction plan we look at what we’ve done in the past, what rides resonate with theme park goers today and what would make an appropriate addition to the parks’ future,” said Larry Giles, vice president of design and engineering at Busch Gardens and Water Country USA. “After taking several inspirational, fact-finding trips to theme parks around the world, and gauging the interests of our guests, we decided 2011 was a perfect time to introduce new thrill rides at Busch Gardens and Water Country USA, and to rejuvenate Oktoberfest village.”

Once the project was selected, the team put together pictorials with a proposed full-color scheme and design. They also produced videos simulating the ride experience. The proposal was then presented to focus groups comprised of people who have visited the parks, and people who have never experienced Busch Gardens and Water Country USA.
Focus groups provide a test for an idea that can be used to make adjustments based on the group’s reaction. Phrases like, “I can’t wait,” and, “My kids will love it,” were typical reactions about the possibility of a Mäch Tower and a Vanish Point-like ride.

“Focus group attendees typically reference their kid’s enjoyment when evaluating rides and experiences,” Giles said. “That’s how we know we are on the right track.”
Guests will get their chance to experience Mäch Tower and Vanish Point this spring. Until then, fans can visit www.facebook.com/BuschGardens for the latest news and construction updates for Mäch Tower. Water Country USA fans can visit www.facebook.com/WaterCountryUSA for Vanish Point information.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Challenge me at Donkey Kong...I dare ya!

Postby palmerleeberry » Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:10 pm

Upon reading the discussion thread to Busch Gardens Williamsburg, I noticed this little statement from netdvn:
I was at BGW two weeks ago for a job fair and saw no traces of construction except for the scrambler sitting in the employee lot.

Is Busch Gardens Willamsburg taking out the scrambler ride (called "Da Katapult) so the Mach Tower can take it's place? Will the Scrambler be moved to a new area of the park, or is it gone for good? :wtf:

:pillow:"Hey, I'm not gone for good here, so lay your head on me!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby alpengeist04 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:41 pm

^ Yes, it will have a new home in another area of the park in 2011.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Mr Bungle » Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:09 pm

^
Good to know. The scrambler is one of my favorites!
331392239zKvebS_ph.jpg

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!