TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

P. 467: Media Town Hall Report

"We are very concerned about the noise," said nearby Kingsmill resident Neil DeLorenzo.

These people continue to annoy the piss out of me, and I don't live anywhere near there, or have anything to do with Euroburg.

Agreed, this is like the people that move into neighborhoods near an interstate or an airport and then complain about the noise.

The nearest home is 1,700 feet away from the new ride, said county planner Leanne Reidenbach.

That is the part of the article that surprised me. 1700 feet seems REALLY close to me. Looking at Google, the nearest house seems a lot further than that.

The more I read, the more excited I am for this new coaster. I like the name Verbolten, it seems to fit with the park.

From Various descriptions and self-vision, I created this SPECULATIVE diagram of the BGW2012 Coaster.

The Red Block is the 26,000 sq. ft. building.

The Dark Green Block is the existing BBW Station which is speculate to become the BGW2012 Coaster Station, I have also "drawn" in storage track.

The exterior Speculated track is the Orange lines.

The Lime Green lines is speculated launch track.

The Dark Blue is the speculate bridge.

I created this to give somewhat of an idea to what we'll be looking for possibly and invoke debate!

site2.jpeg.84c843a7482ac347e9356eadc1450d4f.jpeg

^Word. If I owned BGW, I'd have nightly death metal shows with explosions just to irritate them. Newsflash, morons, YOU BOUGHT A HOUSE NEAR AN AMUSEMENT PARK, THERE MIGHT BE NOISE COMING FROM THERE. Another fine example of why sharks need to eat more people...

dt

That's actually not too far from the truth considering the noise from the shows/train ride is far louder than the noise coming from the coasters.

You can even sit outside on one of the golf courses nearby and hear the music coming from the shows word for word (although it's a bit muffled because of the trees).

BTW: I'd love to hear death metal every night... That would be amazing

We'll see what happens. I personally agree with everyone here and like the name Verbolten, and in m opinion it is EASILY the best of the 4. However, I prefer Cheetaka a zillion times over Cheetah Hunt, so god knows what will happen, especially since the general consensus(among enthusiasts) suggests that everyone hates the name Cheetah Hunt. The other names sound so generic like Cheetah Hunt, and something like that would drive me crazy. So far IMO BGW has a perfect naming record, and I love the names of ever coaster/ride as of now. I would hate to see that change!

Dave - OMG, that is the greatest thing I have heard all day! And Ice Bat can take pics.

People have nothing better to do, so they complain. If they are not happy, they complain more. It gives them purpose.

I have a platinum pass too!!! Where did this survey come from?! I didn't get one!! Oh wait - maybe I should actually read the emails that they send.

I am off to watch this video now. I completely love the planning and building process for coasters. So much fun to follow!

Agreed, this is like the people that move into neighborhoods near an interstate or an airport and then complain about the noise.

I live next to an interstate, directly under the main flight path for Cleveland-Hopkins Airport, AND have train tracks about 500 feet from my house. I guarantee that people can learn to deal with the noise. And if they can't, they need to move somewhere else. Like the middle of Nebraska, where it is quiet and empty. Their obnoxiousness cannot bother me there.

...AND have train tracks about 500 feet from my house. I guarantee that people can learn to deal with the noise.

500 feet? Try 50 feet. Go onto Google Maps and search up Linden, PA. There are houses within 50 feet of railroad tracks, on a street called Front Street. Those people don't complain, they've gotten used to it.

So... [though processing] Screamscape is now reporting the rumor and has the "plans" of a Mack multi-launch coaster for 2012 at Seaworld Sna Diego. It has been rumored that a GERMAN built coaster would represent the new BGW2012 coaster. Is it more likely that it will be a Mack though BGT is already building an Intamin and Busch is notorious for building similar coaster at the Busch Gardens parks (ex. for the n00bs: Alpinegeist, Montu/ Sheikra, Griffon/ and several attempts to build similar coaster or coasters by the same manufacturer: Drachen Fire, Kumba/ Python, Loch Ness Monster/ Scorpion, Big Bad Wolf/ and only once did they build coasters the same period that were totally different: Apollo's Chariot, Gwazi) Though the two coasters at the BG parks will be similar in format, it now seems more likely that Mack will be coming to BGW. The layout of "Manta2" at SWSD looks like version of what we will see at BGW.

With all of the positive reviews I've heard about Blue Fire I'm very excited about this SWSD project. Sea World desperately needs a new "major" attraction.

I wasn't nearly as impressed with Blue Fire as much as other people were. And I wouldn't expect the 2012 coaster to be a Mack.

^I'm not Robb but I think he and I shared a very simiar opinion on Blue Fire.

First off, the restraints and train are AMAZING. All looping coasters should have these restraints, incredible! Big step up from the Premier Lap Bar Only coasters.

The little preshow on the coaster was very cute and interesting (similar to Furius Baco!), but then the ride itself though was quite slow and had no big forces to it. I would assume that Sea World will go for a very similar ride with little force and a cute preshow to keep the family friendly aspect and that's fine, but don't go expecting a powerful awesome looping launched coaster.

^I'm not Robb but I think he and I shared a very simiar opinion on Blue Fire.

First off, the restraints and train are AMAZING. All looping coasters should have these restraints, incredible! Big step up from the Premier Lap Bar Only coasters.

The little preshow on the coaster was very cute and interesting (similar to Furius Baco!), but then the ride itself though was quite slow and had no big forces to it. I would assume that Sea World will go for a very similar ride with little force and a cute preshow to keep the family friendly aspect and that's fine, but don't go expecting a powerful awesome looping launched coaster.

I totally agree. I know a lot of people on the trip wished it was sped up a lot more. Everything about it was fun, but not thrilling. Definitely family friendly, but I wonder if the public get that because of how intimidating it looks. If they sped it up, it could be an incredible ride. I think it could do pretty well in a lot of parks here, we'll see what BGW announces in the next year or so.

^Do ya'll think that Busch Gardens may be aiming t go family friendly with this attraction? as in the fact of it not being to forceful?

With Big Bad Wolf being taken out, possibly. After Grover's Alpine Express the next coaster in the park on the "thrill scale" is Loch Ness Monster which in my opinion is a pretty major jump! I would have to guess that it will be more "forceful" than BBW just because it is a launched coaster and it would more than likely be disappointing to the teen/young adult to see the coaster they grew up with replaced by a more "mild" ride. Just speculating of course...