TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Where in the World is Robb & Elissa???

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Robb, you mean the one that says look at the photos and come up with pieces of the puzzle like the international plug that would be needed for the international flight that was taken with the shoe that would be needed for lots of walking and the blanket that would be needed for the long flight overseas based on the picture of the flight track, and then the napkin that suggested you were going to eat plenty of food, and finding Elissa a Mcdonalds and then moving on to KFC fast food delivery that's not offered in the states and then finally showing pictues of Dubai?

So it looks like the rules have changed a little bit, according to the first post.. There will be 20-25 locations posted (you won't know if it is an "official" location or not) and you will have to identify the location as well as show your work for how you figured it out.. I edited a couple of our last posts to "show our work"... Since I have a really busy weekend with work ahead of me, I'm bowing out on this one (but I reserve the right to try and figure out any real tough ones)..

Check my previous two posts for an explanation of "showing work".. Good luck everyone.. This should be awesome.

Chris "The Dubai Police Car is a BMW 5 Series" Connolly

So it looks like the rules have changed a little bit, according to the first post.. There will be 20-25 locations posted (you won't know if it is an "official" location or not) and you will have to identify the location as well as show your work for how you figured it out.. I edited a couple of our last posts to "show our work"... Since I have a really busy weekend with work ahead of me, I'm bowing out on this one (but I reserve the right to try and figure out any real tough ones)..

Check my previous two posts for an explanation of "showing work".. Good luck everyone.. This should be awesome.

Chris "The Dubai Police Car is a BMW 5 Series" Connolly

Yes this correct. I like that Chris is so confident!

Yes this correct. I like that Chris is so confident!

Confident because I'm bowing out or because I sound like a jerk online?

^^Philphan a cursory review of google maps tells me you are correct..

I wish I was in Dubai instead of dreading freezing my ass off selling Christmas Trees tomorrow.

Edited by Chroniq

*SLAPS FOREHEAD HARD*

Of course! You drive a Ferrari, you get chicks like these! Ferrari World!

You guys are still missing the clue! Amazing! It's so obvious but no one can see past the hot asses!

We need a gay TPR member to look beyond the hot asses and decipher the clue here stat!

Guy "It ain't ranin' men." Koepp

I am gayer than a picnic basket and I can't stop staring at them either -- only for me its like trying not to slow down to look at a car accident. I can't look at the picture long enough without getting grossed out...hee hee

I'm guessing you guys are going to go to Gröna Lund in Sweden to ride the Zac Spin coaster. Im choosing this since most of the flights seem to be going to Europe, the first set of clues showed one of Magic Mountain's new attractions for next year, hinting already Green Lantern, one picture showed a maze and zig zags, also pointing at a zac spin, and the Starbucks pictures hint out the colors green and black, as well as another picture on a plane were a man standing behing Elisa is wearing a green shirt and black pants. So my guess is that you guys are going to go ride Insane at Gröna Lund.

Well the minute I didn't see KidTums in the photos I was hoping that you were heading to Dubai.

This is a amazing county that I will visit within my lifetime. But now we will get to see some astounding trip reports from this jewel of the Middle East. I really enjoyed reading Rastuso recent Dubai Trip Report, I imagine your journey will make it onto the next TPR DVD, that I'll certainly add to my growing collection.

But will your trip include any stops to nearby countries like Egypt??? AKA Fantazy Land!!! One of the most infamous Trip Reports ever posted on TPR, by Mr. Dubai himself, DubaiDave. Well maybe not, but that was a very popular thread!

The adventurous Alveys always keep us intrigued with their excursions around the globe.

Edited by BelizeIt

Look, More Clues !!!

Surprise clue! We are at Bonfante Gardens! Yay circus trees!!!

This is my favourite building in Tokyo!

We have a TPR guest star! First person to tell us who this is gets a bonus point!

A hotel for a future TPR trip?

What is that???

Where is this funky place?

Rocks!

Edited by ernierocker

The office building in the 3rd to last photo above the black and yellow jagged thing is HQ, the "world's first spherical office building" located in Abu Dhabi. I've seen that building before on some special about Abu Dhabi helping out Dubai financially. I just went up to the good ole Google and looked for Distinctive buildings in Abu Dhabi. Found an image, which linked to the owner's (Aldar Properties) website. So the next two pics might be in Abu Dhabi somewhere. My internet keeps dropping so I wish people luck.

Edit: I get it now, Aldar as in Aldar's Ferrari World. Came across that later on.

Edited by redmenace8

Ah, the photo of the yellow and black jagged shapes: As the building from before was the 'Gateway to Abu Dhabi' (their words), the logical next possibility is Ferrari World. A quick search of all sorts of different terms finally ended with a search for what the entrance of Ferrari World might look like. Lo and behold, and image comes up from Kemps Architectural Lighting highlighting their work on lighting on the facade walls to the entrance of Ferrari world. Your photo highlights a small section of the facade.