TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

World Joyland in China

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm glad to see B&M finally getting creative with their flyer layouts, I was getting a little sick of turn drop pretzel loop, turn, turn, heart line, turn, brake which was what every other flyer so far seems to do (although Tatsu was a little unique). Looks intersting though.

This looks really cool. I'm glad B&M are being a bit more creative these days. I wonder how intense it will be?

Although does anyone think that it's slightly odd that B&M have suddenly taken inspiration from the vekoma flying coasters? (horseshoe, inside loop, double barrel roll) The 540 twist thing looks really unique though.

This looks really cool. I'm glad B&M are being a bit more creative these days. I wonder how intense it will be?

Although does anyone think that it's slightly odd that B&M have suddenly taken inspiration from the vekoma flying coasters? (horseshoe, inside loop, double barrel roll) The 540 twist thing looks really unique though.

B&M, Intamin, Maurer Sohne, GCI and all the others must LOVE China right about now - they have a huge booming theme park market (we'll see how many are still around in ten years) that are all just begging for custom coasters that wow the crowds and bring in the audiences. We've seen the Mega-Lites and Dive Machines at Happy Valley, the S&S launchies at the other Happy Valleys, that mega GCI going in at Knight Valley, the 10-Inversion Coaster at wherever that was, and now these. China, like Europe, I have to imagine, has more lax safety regulations with a public that is much less likely to sue, which allows the coaster companies to create absolutely INSANE rides and not having to worry about restraining the passengers six ways to Sunday (cough, I305). Basically, these Chinese boom parks are keeping B&M, Intamin, S&S and the like thriving and I have to imagine the coaster companies are loving not only the business end of it, but what they get to come up with.

It seems some new concept art has popped up that reveals some more of the parks theming.

Sometimes it is unexpected - such as calling you from his e-mails every morning and suddenly find, hidden between incomprehensible characters, a few stunning new concept art of the Chinese Amusement Park Joyland World ". This is expected to open in March 2011 and is aimed primarily thematic addicted to adrenaline Anime and MMO fans.

In the first area of the park is all about the world's most successful online role playing game "World of Warcraft," Blizzard of the U.S. game producer. Whether this is even involved in the project, or whether one is here just brazenly steal some of the Warcraft brand is unclear and an official opinion from Blizzard is still pending.

Surprisingly, it is based, the second theme "Universe of Starcraft" on a popular Blizzard game. I'm really excited about the legal consequences! In addition to jumping to the loving design of this concept on a drawing course, once the giant drop tower and the roller coaster "Dragon Going Worldwide" in the eye.

In the "World of Legend" is the 46-meter high Sky-loop roller coaster "Mystery of Clouds" of the Bavarian manufacturer "Maurer Söhne". The track is a 1:1 copy of Sky Wheels from the "Skyline Park" and also uses the typical for the roller coaster X-Cars.

The mandatory child theme is called "Moles World" and seems to be some flat and a dark ride home to be. Far left of the concept art you can see the way a piece of flying "Bolliger & Mabillard" roller coaster "Starry Night Ripper". With about 90 km / h this car flies just over rugged mountain edges, a pyramid and a total of five inversions.

Since in this fantastic park and a museum for anime and video games, and a state-approved e-sports center is located, this theme park for me today the most exciting new opening of the next year. The only question is how I come to China as soon as possible - not the Blizzard before the park can include, for legal reasons, again

Here are the rest of the concept art from the mail:

http://airtimers.com/world-joyland-der-chinesische-warcraft-und-starcraft-freizeitpark/005749/

China seems to be building a crapload of lavish parks recently. Are they actually patronized so much that the billions of Chinese need a ton of them, or are they perhaps more of a way for the government to just provide jobs for people, like some of those empty Shanghai skyscrapers?