TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 651: Montezooma's Revenge project terminated?

Thats an interesting picture cause Its taken from backstage right behind the Mystery Lodge's main building. There isn't much room back there at all without moving a lot of stuff around, so I wonder if the picture is supposed to show the skyline and what will be there soon, or if the location of the photo has anything to do with the new ride.

With the whole glasses issue, would you be able to ride if you put them in a glass case that's in your pocket that is tied to one of your belt loops? That's what I do since my glasses cost over 130 (prescription with anti glare and transition lenses.)

Thankfully im not blind, I just can't read anything more then 50 feet away depending on size of text of course.

I see on Twitter that Knott's was asking what new ride or attraction would you like at Knott's - I suggested something like Goliath at Walibi World - a great ride and not too big. Just me dreaming, if Knott's got Balder and Expedition GeForce clones, no other park would be seeing much of me.

Also good to see that Knott's has set up their website so that us ghastly foreigners can now purchase tickets online using paypal. Last year, I had to go through ticketmaster for Haunt tickets (a rip off) because you couldn't buy tickets on the Knott's site unless you had a US or Canadian address.

From reading Westcoaster (awesome site), I believe that it wont be a coaster.

Puuuuuure speculation here, but could it be ANOTHER re-purposing of the Sky Cabin? I mean it's been closed all summer, maybe that'll be Stratosaur 2 or something!

Puuuuuure speculation here, but could it be ANOTHER re-purposing of the Sky Cabin? I mean it's been closed all summer, maybe that'll be Stratosaur 2 or something!

Now this kid is a thinker!

They should make a regular, sit down, goes up the chain, goes down the drop, and does other crazy stuff, because they don't have any rides there that have a sit-down with a chain lift. They need to have something thats like the KING of all the coasters there.

I'm thinking it will be a star flyer type ride for 2011 in place of the old parachutes tower and the coaster I keep hearing is for 2012. So Far 2012 is starting to look like a great year Knotts/SFMM both rumored to get big coasters, Disneys Carsland, Hersheys 212 foot hyper, BGT massive launched coaster etc.

Well if Rumors are correct 2012 will be the year for Knotts regular sitdown chain lift full circut *BIG STEEL* coaster

Edited by Gigalyte

They should make a regular, sit down, goes up the chain, goes down the drop, and does other crazy stuff, because they don't have any rides there that have a sit-down with a chain lift. They need to have something thats like the KING of all the coasters there.

-Boomerang

-Ghost rider

-Jaguar (Tire Lift, but still...)

-Sierra Sidewinder

-Timberline Twister

All these are traditional coasters with lifts and drops. Plus Boomerang and Jaguar have double the lift for double the fun!

Even excluding Boomerang, they still have 4 in the park.

Now this kid is a thinker!

The newest Facebook hint: A picture of the Ghost Town windmill. Go me?

Stratosoar looks like a completely insane ride! Swings are very fun, but I always have a crazy feeling that the chains will completely break. I'm quite happy that it will be a Stratosoar rather then a Starflyer! Starflyers scare the crap out of me! I am always waiting for a report that some people died after falling 100 feet to there death after a chain in the Starflyer malfunctioned!