TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

A picture of the new Arrow Dynamics Prototype: The "Track-Jumping" Coaster!!! (Judging from the picture you can definitely tell it was a billion degrees with about 250% humidity). I spent probably 25 bucks on water )

You can go up to any food stand and ask for a cup of ice water. They will give it to you for free. They have to, and I think that goes for any park and sporting venue. Good tip to know on the hot days though.

Edited by coasterdude28

Happened to me before, usually towards the end of the day. And it was with a full train. It hurt quite a bit. Anyone else notice it?

Yup the train was full (minus 1 or 2 seats), and I think it was getting worse through the day. Only reason i mentioned it was b/c i didn't notice it when i went in early July.

Hopefully, it was just something temporary like worn out wheels.

I'm wondering what were the cancelled plans that were replaced with the addition of Chang for this year. I know it will never get out, but I would like to know so we could all see what would've been the better addition. I hope the new CEO got it right either way

The only restroom without a water fountain is the one in Golden Kingdom...but why drink sun-beaten fountain water when you can get an ice cold cup for free.

Why drink any water or ice made from New Jersey water?

Actually their "bottled water" tastes like... tap water... anyways

I wouldn't put it past Six Flags to fill empty bottles with tap water

The only restroom without a water fountain is the one in Golden Kingdom...but why drink sun-beaten fountain water when you can get an ice cold cup for free.

Why drink any water or ice made from New Jersey water?

Actually their "bottled water" tastes like... tap water... anyways

I wouldn't put it past Six Flags to fill empty bottles with tap water

That's essentualy what bottled water is anyways.

Who needs to ask for a cup of ice at SFGADV? We have a good allotment of water fountains around the park, better than some other parks.

Do you have any idea just how many people put their mouths on them or spit in them?

When a tree falls in the forest, and there is nobody around, does it make a sound?

Who needs to ask for a cup of ice at SFGADV? We have a good allotment of water fountains around the park, better than some other parks.

Do you have any idea just how many people put their mouths on them or spit in them?

When a tree falls in the forest, and there is nobody around, does it make a sound?

Falling trees don't normally cause dysentery though...

Or radiation poisoning...

well guys, a new article has come out recently:

http://jtown.us.com/?p=244

Chang coming to Six Flags Great Adventure

Jackson, NJ – It is now almost certain that the new ride which will be built in place of Great American Scream Machine will be the coaster which was named ”Chang”. Last week, Six Flags submitted a site plan to the Jackson Township planning board for a new steel roller coaster. The overhead rendering of the new ride however matches 100% with “Chang” which was in operation at Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom from 1997 to 2009 when it abandoned the theme park. The theme park was taken over by the Kentucky State Fair Board, but part of the agreement allowed Six Flags to take one coaster.

The ride was originally rumored to be headed to Six Flags Great America, but site plans submitted by Six Flags all but confirm that the new steel rollercoaster which will replace the Great American Scream Machine is most likely Chang. Six Flags is expected to officially unveil the new coaster in the spring of 2010.

You can see a picture of Chang before it was dismantled at Coastergallery.com. You can see the diagram submitted to Jackson Township’s planning board here.

The bottled water sold at SFGAdv is far superior to crappy New Jersey tap water.

you would be surprised. the quality of the ground water in the majority of new jersey is very, very good. except for the area around the meadowlands and pompton lakes, and toms river, water in the aquifer (especially south jersey) is contaminant free.

the bottled water is probobly just tap from an industrial city elsewhere.

MOD EDIT by larrygator: I have never had a good glass of tap water in New Jersey, and I've been pretty much all over the state (Newark, Trenton, Sparta, Jersey City, Hoboken, Parsippany, Hackensack, Edison, Lakewood, Howell, Atlantic City, Wildwood, Ocean City, Seaside, Belmar, Breille, Keansburg, Atlantic Highlands, Hazlet, Perth Amboy, Woodbridge, Cherry Hill, All the Brunswicks, Old Bridge, Wall Township, Brick, Manahawkin, LBI, Tuckerton, Tinton Falls, Mantoloking, Lavalette, Morristown, GGalssboro, Hoptacong, Somerset, Matawan, Waretown, Point Pleasant, Asbury Park, Brigantine, Long Branch, Cape May), no good water.

Edited by larrygator

Why did the mod feel the need to edit that post? Who cares what the water in New Jersey tastes like. Everyone has different opinions. Talk about the park...not the freaking water. We don't care all the places you've been to in Jersey.

MOD EDIT by larrygator: because I didn't want to post for posting's sake and agree we should be talking about the park and not the water

Edited by larrygator

• 2 weeks later...

My friends and I are doing a "one last hoorah" kinda week and one of our activities is to go to a theme park for a day, and GADV is our choice. I did some research and NJ Transit has a route that runs from Philly to Camden and then to GADV but the problem is it only runs on Friday, Saturday and Sunday, and the only we day we can plan it is on Wednesday, does anyone know another way to use public transportation and get to GADV?