Erik & Smisty's Florida Oddventures

Holy Land! - Page 114
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
It all started with a donkey

Re: Erik & Smisty's Florida Oddventures

Postby the ghost » Thu May 06, 2010 11:54 pm

Awesome TR! Honestly Manta's que was one of the things I was escited about since the press release, and I have not seen much until now. If you want a good Odventure I suggest Animal Kingdoms Dinosaur area/Dino rama, it was soooo random. Chester and Lester were a failure on Disneys part(thats saying a lot...I'm a disney fanboy) and I think your captions would be really funny.

Permanent Tourist

Postby Electerik » Fri May 07, 2010 6:04 pm

^ Definitely going to happen, at some point. Indeed, the plan is to cover every section of every major Florida park, eventually.

Thanks for the kind words, everyone.
Erik Allen Elness

I get wet for Manta!

Postby themeparkman25 » Fri May 07, 2010 10:19 pm

Let it be known that Mantaland is the best in the world.
Follow the construction of my Manta Model!.*
1/16/12 - Construction Complete!
*Model is being build from scratch.

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby rosscoe » Sat May 08, 2010 12:35 am

jjune4991 wrote:Ross, when you're on the IntimidaTOUR, I'll make sure you have some biscuits and gravy :lmao: Great TR. Can't wait until I get to Seaworld sometime this summer. Hopefully sometime this month!

Should I be scared!

Permanent Tourist

Postby Electerik » Wed May 12, 2010 3:03 pm

This update is going to be a little bit different. In fact, it's going to be a lot different. And, actually, kind of stupid. Ready?

As you may recall back from the Gourmet McDonald's update, Erik & Smisty have a very special (though entirely platonic) relationship with TPR's artificial intelligence TwitterBot, @ThemeParkReview (hereafter referred to simply as "Bryan.") A couple of weeks ago, Bryan contacted us requesting help for a new Twitter contest. The idea was for people to go to parks, write things down on signs that would normally be tweets, take photos, and then upload them to Twitter. He called it "analog tweeting," and he wanted us to provide an example.

Which brings us to this update, which is all about Erik & Smisty scouring Busch Gardens Tampa, making fools of themselves, looking for just the right photo to help launch the contest. I thought up two "analog tweets" that I thought might be interesting and printed them out ahead of time. Then Misty came up with three better ones in the car on the way there and hand-drew them, making me feel stupid and small. :p

Analog Tweeting at Busch Gardens Tampa

01P5053190.JPG
Nope, that won’t work. Can’t read the sign.

05IMGP3989.JPG
There, that's better!

08P5053205.JPG
I'm pretty sure that's less than 140 characters--but, quite frankly, I'm too lazy to count.

10IMGP4001b.jpg
Yes, yes we are.

12P5053282.JPG
This ride was closed, and maintenance men were examining it. The other two ran away when Misty approached them, but this one was game.

15P5053215.jpg
No comment.

30P5063347.JPG
Impressed by Smisty's drawing skills? You ain't seen nothin' yet.

35P5063371.JPG
The main reason to be on twitter: #PostAGoatThursday

40IMGP4045.jpg
Oh my god! Dirt!

46P5063436.JPG
I'm not even sure what we were trying to do here.

55IMGP4115.JPG
A couple of the performers from the disco show in Timbuktu (who are obviously used to random).

58P5063465.JPG
Actually, it kind of is a construction update. Pretty sure there's a new coaster going in here somewhere.

60IMGP4050.JPG
The best part of this photo is that it was not staged. I was just trying to figure out which sign to hold up.

95IMGP3977e.jpg
The stilt-walkers were highly intrigued by #PostAGoatThursday. (And who could blame them?)

In fact, they all wanted in on the act.
It is my sincere hope that this update has made exactly as much sense whether you are on twitter or not.

Regardless, Bryan got his example, and the contest has now officially been launched on Twitter. My understanding is that it will run all season, and that everyone who enters (and does it properly) will automatically win a bag o' crap. Check out twitter.com/ThemeParkReview for more details and/or to see how it's going.
Erik Allen Elness

Bork! Bork! Bork!

Postby Not For Sale » Wed May 12, 2010 3:17 pm

This is seriously awesome.
-Bryan Stoll
Stupidity|Show|Self

I eat bugs.

Postby deathbydinn » Wed May 12, 2010 4:25 pm

They let you get the Air Grover credit? The website says no one over 56 inches can ride.

Add me on Simpsons Tapped Out - jongrundl

I wish they would make Street Fighter Donkey.

Postby moinab » Wed May 12, 2010 6:58 pm

^Erik and Smisty are actually "little people," with mad skilz in forced perspective photography. ;)

Permanent Tourist

Postby Electerik » Wed May 12, 2010 7:01 pm

deathbydinn wrote:They let you get the Air Grover credit? The website says no one over 56 inches can ride.

Honestly, I had no idea that was even an issue. There was no signage indicating anything like that. We just walked up and rode. No one acted like it was weird. Of course, I also never saw them come close to filling the train, so maybe that had something to do with it...?

^ That's a good answer, too. :p
Erik Allen Elness

I own the website www.donkey.com

Postby angryemobeaver » Wed May 12, 2010 7:41 pm

Awesome video near the end. I love the twitter thingies.
I have a hard time ranking coasters so here are just some of my favorites
|Intimidator 305|Maverick|Skyrush|Voyage|Shivering Timbers|Goliath SFOG|Fahrenheit|Banshee|Mystery Mine|Cornball Express|Cheetah Hunt|

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!