TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

Hey folks...This is just a thought but im sure everything isnt done with the trains. Besides if you look at the last car its not even attached to it yet. Im sure decals and logo's are going to be placed on it. I have been to paramount's carowinds 3 times and every time I go and think a ride is complete more themeing shows up on it so lets calm down and wait until the finish product comes out.....then we can complain!

See and I kinda think it looks cool.

--Robb "Although I agree with my woman about the trains." Alvey

So there's a split vote in the Alvey household on this one...

I pretty much like any kind of coaster so long as it doesn't beat the crap out of my head, so I am sure I will like this ride. My biggest issue-and one I have read on another coaster forum a while back (CoasterBuzz) is whether or not PKI will keep the special effects operating.

Shari "I'll tell you all about it once it opens" Shoufler

This ride stands no chance of airtime if it uses the standard Premire lap bars because there is no air to be had on Flight of Fear or Son Of Beast. They're so large and heavy they keep you from moving anywhere.

Funny, I FLY out of my seat on Revenge of the Mummy three times during the coaster section. I'd say there's definitely a chance of some nice airtime on IJ.

The new system they use is light years better than the previous trains Premier designed for the park.

JC

PS Elissa, I would think you would have loved this addition - seems kinda on park with Kanonen in the respect that they're both very short height wise but solid layouts. What doesn't impress you about it?

As far as the Premier Coasters/Lapbars/Airtime...

They give great airtime! Just because you're stapled does not mean you don't feel the airtime!! Sometimes I think it's better to be stapled because you really can feel your body pressing against the restraints with insane airtime! I agree with Joe, Mummy gives at least 2 places with ejector air!

As for Italian Job...I'll be honest, the main thing that disappoints me is that it's at PKI! That park just does not do it for me! I don't like the rides, and it seems to have really poor crowd control and queues. As for the ride, it just looks really cheesy. At least Mummy is in the dark so you can't see just how cheesy the black light posters look. I'm concerned that between mediocre theming, poor capacity, breakdowns and an okay ride...it just won't do it for me.

Elissa "prove me wrong kids, prove me wrong...seriously I hope it's great! I never hope for a bad coaster!" Alvey

I think it will be a pretty fun ride. I'm not expecting it to be intense or incredibly thrilling, but just a nice ride. I just hope PKI keeps the themeing up and well maintained beyond the first season.

Usually themeing on these kind of rides always stay in top shape. Seeing as how the parks don't have to do so much with it after its built.

Michael " Only SFMM would let themeing rot" Thomas

Um no offense Mr. Six but you haven't been to too many parks have you...

I haven't seen many parks where the theming isn't falling apart on some ride. Ultimately it would cost a lot for theming to be kept at the absolute tip top of condition. I mean lets face it even Disney has some rides that famously have effects missing because they were just too hard or expensive to maintain.

Theming always breaks down over the years and people are worried about how quickly this will happen. Honestly I remember how cool Test Track was the first year and heard that some of the effects are down now. Kinda a bummer but thats life... Especially under Eisner.

Um no offense Mr. Six but you haven't been to too many parks have you...

I haven't seen many parks where the theming isn't falling apart on some ride. Ultimately it would cost a lot for theming to be kept at the absolute tip top of condition. I mean lets face it even Disney has some rides that famously have effects missing because they were just too hard or expensive to maintain.

Theming always breaks down over the years and people are worried about how quickly this will happen. Honestly I remember how cool Test Track was the first year and heard that some of the effects are down now. Kinda a bummer but thats life... Especially under Eisner.

I havent noticed any effects being down. I could go through the entire ride on here if ya like. I just rode it in February. Nothing out of the ordinary. For a period of time the Thermal scanner at the end was broke but it was working in Feb.

I just returned from Orlando, and all the effects are working on Test Track. Since it's one of two rides that have a single rider line, I took a lot of rides on it!

As for The Italian Job, I'm in no rush to get there. Like Elissa, I just do not like PKI. I know the park has lots of fans, but I just don't "get" the place. The other thing about TIJ that is concerning is the capacity, or the lack of it. The lines for this are going to be INSANE. Curious to see how they end up running the ride...

dt

Thats been my biggest problem with Italian Job from the start...

I mean it has what 12 people per train... How many trains? There is no way they are going to do even close to 1000 people per hour... How is this thing going to even be able to handle any crowds.

I'm kinda biased against it because I hated the movie but seriously they have made much better films. I still say a Sky Captain ride would be amazing... (Robb I officially need a drooling face...)

OK, OK.... That's my park you are dissing here folks.... Only I get to say bad things about PKI

Seriously, though.... I am disappointed that so many of you feel that way (especially, you Elissa!), but I also think that there are valid reasons why some of us love the park and some don't. For me, it's because it is my home park and I have been going there since the year it opened. As such, I remember life before Paramount..... It was a much nicer park back then.

Plus, since we literally live 10 minutes from the front gate, we go on days and times when crowds are not an issue. However, I can understand the crowd comment because, IMO, as they have removed more and more attractions (rides and shows) over the years, and failed to replace them with anything, it means there is less places for people to go. However, the waterpark expansion last year really made a difference and there were a lot of days where the waterpark was more crowded than the "main park".

I just think they have failed to keep up the park to the standards that it should. ie. I rode Drop Zone for the first time last summer, and halfway up the tower realized the "ring" was not rotating. Now that is supposed to be the big, cool feature to that ride, and it doesn't work!

Shari "I miss the days when the park was locally owned" Shoufler

I think the park is very much like SFMM. It has this amazing potential, and a crap load of rides...but none of which you care to ride more than once, and it's so annoying 90% of the time that you just dont even want to go the rest of the time!

Shari, I totally see where you're coming from. Robb and I know when and how to go to SFMM and have a good time, I'm sure you're the same with PKI.

Elissa "they need to improve capacity and queues!" Alvey

^Agreed, though I think SFMM has a better collection of rides than PKI. But yeah, since I lived in LA, I do know how to get around SFMM when it's busy, and would probably have liked PKI a little more if I knew the same tricks.

I guess it just seems odd that PKI is one of the busiest parks in the US, and instead of installing some sort of very high capacity ride (like a hyper coaster or B&M inverted), they keep putting in these themed but very low capacity rides. Just seems odd...

dt

*Inserts 2 cents*

I think I look like a good ride and I would really like to go on it. Maybe one day. But I think one mini should be white.

Zane “I wish we had one in New Zealand” Williams

You think you look like a good ride and you would really like to go on yourself, maybe one day?