TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

^^Yep, because it makes sense. All the water rides can feed off a central pump area rather than having a ton of separate ones throughout the park. And if people want to go from one water ride to the next they don't have to walk halfway around the 2 mile midway to do it. Then they can dry off right there and be on with their business.

Sometimes I SWEAR people just fabricate things to bitch about with CP.

^^Yep, because it makes sense. All the water rides can feed off a central pump area rather than having a ton of separate ones throughout the park. And if people want to go from one water ride to the next they don't have to walk halfway around the 2 mile midway to do it. Then they can dry off right there and be on with their business.

Sometimes I SWEAR people just fabricate things to bitch about with CP.

Serious question: Do the rides really share one pumping system? I'm not familiar at all with the ride systems @ Cedar Point in particular, but I can tell you that water ride pumps are all extremely powerful on their own, so it would be quite impressive if CP really did have one central water basin/pumping system for multiple rides.

^I'm not entirely sure, but I know they have a massive pump area around behind Thunder Canyon near Perimeter Road. Obviously the rides aren't all powered by one pump, but they can centralize the piping and waterworks by having all the water rides in one area of the park. Plus, just the way the layout is there, the "watery" type rides fit in better back there. I mean, would Snake River Falls really fit well on the Dragster or Wicked Twister midways? Could you put Thunder Canyon next to Gemini in the parking lot?

It just goes back to enthusiasts (on this site especially) finding any reason, no matter how trivial or silly, to complain about Cedar Point. The way people talk about it on here, you would think it was a cross between Six Flags America and a toxic waste dump.

^^No it doesn't, Thunder Canyon pulls it's water from Lake Erie, and Snake River Falls had it's own chlorinated water system. From the press releases of Shoot the Rapids, it will have it's own chlorinated system as well.

Having them in the same area mostly just to keep them in the same place. That area of the park is the only place people are allowed to go shirtless too.

Thunder Canyon has a pump that draws water from Lake Erie. Snake River Falls brings in water from Lake Erie at the start of the season, but uses that water throughout the system with its own pump and filtration system. I'd assume Shoot the Rapids will probably use water from the lagoons or Lake Erie, but use its own pumping system.

It's done that way so that if one of the pumps fails, only one ride goes down instead of both. Or if you need to keep one ride "dry" for the day to do maintenance, you don't have to shut down both.

EDIT: Hector beat me to it.

Edited by Reality15