TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

P. 467: Media Town Hall Report

You know, I'm still kicking myself for not getting more pics and vids of Big Bad Wolf. "It'll be there next time I visit," I thought. And to add insult to injury, what little I did have of it, half was tossed out because it was crappy. Doh!

Oh well, at least I still have the magnet, post card and what little I did keep.

Turning to Christmas Town, once they get the bugs worked out over the next couple years, I'm ready to check it out.

• 1 month later...

I was pleasantly surprised by the documentary. Very high quality and quite informative, and the pov was great. I loved the wolf the one time I rode four or five years ago, although I think I might like Ninja a bit more besides the lift hill ending. What a ride it was.

Wow, that documentary seriously just brought tears to my eyes, especially the final pictures of the ride being torn down. It's just hard to believe that I will never be able to ride it again. My only wish is for whatever takes its place to do it justice. This ride was and always will be one of my favorites. I know I've said it before, but let me say it again. RIP BBW, goodbye my dearest friend...

New attractions for 2010?

from Facebook:

Busch Gardens has plenty of new attractions planned for 2010, and we’re giving our Facebook fans special clues before anyone else. Over the next few days, we’ll be dropping hints so stay tuned … details are on the way.

Here is the link to the Facebook group:

http://www.facebook.com/#/BuschGardens

they update it quite frequently even in the off season

Here's BGW's latest Facebook clue:

A new clue for you: What’s 14’ tall, 30’ wide and 52’ long, and is going to be in Festhaus Park this spring?

There's already a slew of guesses on FB, ranging from a new train station to a Miler Kiddie Coaster to a new stage for concerts.

2 different clues today:

Busch Gardens A new clue for you: Busch Gardens is giving everyone a reason to stay up later this summer.

Busch Gardens A new clue for you: What do cuckoo clocks, statues, Leprechauns and balloons all have in common? We’ll have the answer for you soon.

A lot of people are saying a remodel of Ireland with a possible 4 D or IMAX replacement for Corkscrew Hill.

2010 Press Release

Park Opens March 26

Pass Prices Unchanged; Additional Online Savings

Busch Gardens opens March 26 for its 35th year and is celebrating with a new ride, a

new show and an all new night-time celebration that will leave families breathless

for more. And more is what they will receive. With a host of KIDsiderate options,

more than 20 scheduled concert performances and an all new extreme sports event

debuting this spring, Busch Gardens has something for everyone in the family this

year.

The world's most beautiful theme park is re-envisioning its Ireland section with a

new simulator ride featuring the scenic beauty of Europe and an Abbey Stone Theatre

show that pays homage to Ireland's great storytelling tradition.

"Europe in the Air" swoops guests across gorgeous terrain and past the continent's

most beloved landmarks. Dive low over Stonehenge. Soar past Neuschwanstein Castle

in Germany. Float over the Coliseum in Rome. With amazingly sharp video quality and

incredible surround sound, this high-tech simulator ride puts our guests in the

midst of all the action. Europe in the Air will replace Corkscrew Hill.

After landing, stroll over to Abbey Stone Theatre and join the celebration as Busch

Gardens debuts its newest live show filled with authentic Irish choreography,

storytelling, singing, music and the magic of Irish dance. One of Dublin's favorite

innkeepers invites you to experience day-to-day life in this incredibly unique

culture. With a cast of singers, Irish dancers and musicians, guests will be

clapping their hands and shouting "Erin Go Bragh."

Busch Gardens also is now home to a stop on the ASA Action Sports World Tour, an

extreme sports extravaganza with all the grinds, aerials and freestyle tricks that

extreme sports fans have come to expect. During the last three weekends in May,

"Ramp Jam" at Busch Gardens will be hosting the top skateboard, BMX and in-line

skating athletes performing extreme stunts and tricks on a half pipe built just for

the tour at Festhaus Park.

Coming this June, join Busch Gardens for its first ever park-wide summer festival

celebration. "IllumiNights: A Busch Gardens Encore" is a new, nightly spectacular

that encircles family fun and memories with world traditions. Trees will bloom with

color and the night sky will burst with dazzling arrays of light each night during

the celebration. Different areas of the park will celebrate IllumiNights in its own

way, culminating in a park-wide pyrotechnics extravaganza that will have guests

returning again and again.

This year also marks the return of Busch Gardens' popular free concert lineup. From

June 6 – Sept. 6, the park will host 20 different concert performers starting with

the contemporary Christian festival, Glory at the Gardens, featuring acts like

Steven Curtis-Chapman, Switchfoot, Third Day and Kirk Franklin. The concerts

continue every weekend until Labor Day, featuring more bands like the B-52s and

Grand Funk Railroad.

While Busch Gardens has a lot of new offerings for its 2010 season, the park is

continuing its tradition of offering KIDsiderate attractions, including the second

year of Sesame Street Forest of Fun with subtle changes to make guests experiences

more comfortable while maintaining the sense of wonder for kids of all ages. Guests

looking forward to the 12th season of Howl-O-Scream will have to wait until this

fall to see the new scares and frights waiting for them this year. Also, families

can look forward to the second year of Christmas Town: A Busch Gardens Celebration

with new delights being developed that will leave them saying, "Now this is

Christmas."

Busch Gardens is offering a new way to save in 2010. All season long, guests can

save $5 on each single-day ticket by making the purchase at

http://www.facebook.com/l/b1cc0;www.buschgardens.com/va. Busch Gardens also is

retaining its 2009 pass prices, so a new 2010 one-year pass still costs just $99.95.

Guests renewing their 2009 passes will receive additional cost savings. All passes

include access to all of the park's concerts, Howl-O-Scream, free parking, discounts

on food and merchandise, and unlimited visits to the park. A single-day ticket costs

$61.95. Residents of Virginia can still purchase the Fun Card which also costs

$61.95 but is valid for admission all summer long.

It'll be interesting to see how this plan for a different pyro-and-light show for each country works--sounds like a good idea. They did a pretty good job with this at Christmas Town.

I think changing the simulator is a good move, too--at least that gives them a new ride to promote for 2010.

^ & ^^

There's no mention of breakfast with the Sesame Street characters on BGW's Web site--all they mention is lunch (and dinner, I suppose).

This doesn't necessarily mean that the breakfast is gone, but I think sticking with lunch and dinner would make more sense. Most families have already had breakfast by the time they hit the park.