TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

24 Days of Theme Park Review Videos!

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Shut it Universal Boy" for the win!

That was still my favorite and best "character encounter" we ever had! Mr. Smee came over, sat at our table and then made broken conversation with us via napkins. As soon as Joey told him he worked for Universal is was all over!

When it comes to parks that every roller coaster enthusiast MUST visit, Cedar Point is usually on the top of most peoples list. Regardless if you love or hate the place, you can't deny that every coaster freak should go there at some time in their life.

Here's what happened when we took 100 TPR members there in 2007 -

[coastertube]http://www.themeparkreview.com/coastertube/play.php?vid=cedarpoint_meu3[/coastertube]

Rain! That was some nice editing!

And with each Coaster Expedition DVD if there is an opening segment, then there must be a closing segment (well, with all volumes except one! Anyone know what Coaster Expedition DVD did NOT have a closing segment?)

Was it 7? it doesnt say it does on the box anyway...

I really want to know if I was right about that...

The beginning of the video made me realize the good things about Scandinavia: I've never queued more than 1h to a ride (that 1h was for Balder). That Maverick line is just RIDICULOUSLY long! How long is the queue time from the start of the queue line, about 4h? PLUS all the people outside the queue. Just wow..

You know, in my home park (that is Linnanmäki), the longest queue is about 20min for Salama.

Can you guys believe that some people including me waited 8 hours under that weather to get on Maverick??? 8 HOURS!

I can't even count'it as the longest line I've done because we were outside the queue line the whole time!

I'm so glad I took 5$ with me before getting out the hotel that morning so I bought an aewsome poncho.

I also had a chance to meet Dan and Joey in person on the second day!

The beginning of the video made me realize the good things about Scandinavia: I've never queued more than 1h to a ride (that 1h was for Balder). That Maverick line is just RIDICULOUSLY long! How long is the queue time from the start of the queue line, about 4h? PLUS all the people outside the queue. Just wow..

You know, in my home park (that is Linnanmäki), the longest queue is about 20min for Salama.

That first day, when it was raining on the trip, it rained almost ALL day.

The park opened at 8am for the Hotel Guests, while we were waiting for the gates to open, it started sprinkling. The gates finally opened at 8 and everyone ran over to Maverick. I was among the first few in line.

Running up to the coaster, we found it was closed (Along with the other coasters) due to the "rain". So we waited.... and waited... and waited some more.

The coaster started testing around 2pm when the rain was starting to let up, but another storm rolled in within 15 minutes.

Come 3:30 the rain finally clears, they test the ride (Five times for each train), so after 25 cycles, they finally open the ride at 4pm.

There are photos from the trip where a few of us were waiting at the front of the line from 8am to 5pm when the ride opened.

Yes, we waited 8 hours to ride Maverick that day.

Most of the TPR people ended up leaving the line and going to TGI Friday's in the Breakers Hotel to wait for the rain to clear.

That was a fun day.

Cedar Point weather is just about as bizarre as it gets because of Lake Erie. It'll be sunny and nice out and in a matter of half an hour a hellacious storm will roll in with lighting and thunder and cats and dogs raining down. Then it'll go back to normal. Then one day it'll be 75 out, the next day it'll be 50, then the next day it'll be 80. The two years I spent working there I can't even count how many colds I had because of how often the weather changed.

And the fanatical rain policy they have now is due to the Magnum incident that happened on Maverick's opening day (which was in pouring rain). They only used to shut down MF and TTD in the rain (rain at those speeds is insanely painful), but since Magnum slipped through its brakes and bumped trains, CP has shut all the coasters down in the rain. I know people that rode Maverick in the pouring rain on opening day, and they're some of the very few that ever have.

I have also been there 2 times with no rain. I would have been pissed if it rained!

Eh, it wasn't bad actually. One, we were there for two days, and we were warned it would probably rain on of those days.

Two, we all went to TGIFridays and probably created some of the best moments on the trip. That's pretty much the day I got to know other people on the trip. If it wasn't for the rain, I probably wouldn't have hung out with people like Jay, Jacob, Taylor, Christiana, etc..

That Maverick line is just RIDICULOUSLY long! How long is the queue time from the start of the queue line, about 4h?

I've waited a max of 90 minutes at the start of the queue with all sections open; when it's not raining, I've found the Maverick crew to haul some serious ass to pump riders through.

^^^Ive never been to cedar point but here in NW Missouri, weve had days where it snowed and snowed and snowed all morning and it was 10 degrees out and in the afternoon, it warmed up to 60!!!! Im not kidding!

And personally the longest ive waited for any coaster was 2h for Expedition Everest. Longest wait ever though, was for Splash mountain. It broke down and we waited for 2.75h for it to open up.

That Maverick line is just RIDICULOUSLY long! How long is the queue time from the start of the queue line, about 4h?

I've waited a max of 90 minutes at the start of the queue with all sections open; when it's not raining, I've found the Maverick crew to haul some serious A$$ to pump riders through.

Yeah the longest wait I ever had for Maverick (not including wait times when the ride went down) was probably no longer than 90 minutes. I waited 2 1/2 hours on its opening day, but that was because of several breakdowns and such. Maverick has had one of the best crews in the park every year since it opened.

Cedar Point is awesome... IF (and ONLY if) you can hit it on one of the two days of the year when the lines aren't so bad. No one should ever have to wait eight hours for a coaster! I got lucky on my last visit - the longest wait was 30-45 minutes (for Maverick), and many rides (including Magnum and Millennium Force) were walk-ons! It was the only good visit to Cedar Point I've ever had.

The Ghetto Fair video reminded me of an episode of the Nancy Drew / Hardy Boys Mysteries that I watched recently. This was from 1977 - Robert Englund and Jamie Lee Curtis guest starred as members of a carny biker gang suspected of commiting a jewel heist. Nancy Drew tried to infiltrate the gang, and Robert Englund tortured her by making her ride The Zipper! Awesome...