Erik & Misty's Smoky Mountain Adventures

Dollywood, Mini Golf, & What Have You
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Archived Photo Trip Reports of Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, and Donkeys!
TPR's Olden Goldie

Postby ebl » Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:31 pm

<--- :oops:

Maybe next time I'll look at the pictures AND read the words...

Eric
My Honda will run ringz around your Saturn.

Permanent Tourist

Postby Electerik » Sat Dec 05, 2009 6:33 am

SharkTums wrote:I'm also looking forward to the Titanic Update as we'll be in alternate universe Pigeon Forge (aka Branson) next year and staying right next to the Titanic Place!

Apparently, it is being built by the same people, and should be pretty much the same.

I'm looking forward to covering it, as well. But I'm a bit skeptical about the concept, to be honest. I mean, isn't the subject matter a bit...depressing? :P

"Hey kids, wanna have some fun? Then stick your hand into this 35-degree water! This is what killed 250 of Titanic's passengers within minutes!"

Supposedly, everyone who enters will be assigned the name of one of the real passengers. And at the end, you find out whether or not your person lived. I am not making this up.
Erik Allen Elness

Permanent Tourist

Postby Electerik » Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:09 pm

I’m still working on my Smoky Mountain Christmas update, but today I managed to sneak over to Dollywood for a couple of hours, beore it closed due to weather and low attendance. So here you go--a short, super-special update: Dollywood in the Snow!

Oh, and for a handful of slightly different photos, and to learn my detailed feelings on frozen precipitation, cruise on over to my blog: The Deep Black Sea: Walking In a Winter Dollywood.
11PC040702.JPG
Sleigh bells ring, are you listening...
12PC040708.JPG
In the lane, snow is glistening...
13PC040723.jpg
A beautiful sight, we're happy tonight...
14PC040726.JPG
Walking in a winter wonderland.
17PC040757.JPG
Gone away is the bluebird...
18PC050780.JPG
Here to stay is a new bird...
19PC050782.JPG
He sings a love song, as we go along...
20PC050789.JPG
Walking in a winter wonderland!
Erik Allen Elness

My transgendered dreams have come true!!!

Postby Mr. Starr » Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:19 pm

Electerik wrote:
SharkTums wrote:I'm also looking forward to the Titanic Update as we'll be in alternate universe Pigeon Forge (aka Branson) next year and staying right next to the Titanic Place!

Apparently, it is being built by the same people, and should be pretty much the same.

I'm looking forward to covering it, as well. But I'm a bit skeptical about the concept, to be honest. I mean, isn't the subject matter a bit...depressing? :P

"Hey kids, wanna have some fun? Then stick your hand into this 35-degree water! This is what killed 250 of Titanic's passengers within minutes!"

Supposedly, everyone who enters will be assigned the name of one of the real passengers. And at the end, you find out whether or not your person lived. I am not making this up.

Yeah, they had that at the Field Museum here in Chicago a couple years ago. Pretty cool actually, when you enter, you are given a card with information about a passenger (class, age, gender, etc.). You basically walk through rooms with artifacts and videos, walk out onto the deck of the "ship", where temperatures are below freezing. One cool thing that I remember was actually being able to touch a frozen iceberg that was just sitting there, very strange. But yeah, at the end there is a large wall of names stating people who died, and you can see if your person actually made it through.

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby I love DW » Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:42 pm

Great photos as always! I love pictures of Christmas decorations with snow. Just wish I lived closer to Dollywood so I could have been there from open till 6 taking pictures!
"The Sky Is Not The Limit"

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby thrillerman1 » Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:43 pm

Gorgeous snow pics! Thanks for sharing. Too bad we didn't get any over here in Nashvegas.

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby mwm1444 » Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:21 am

Those pictures are (in a snowy theme park way) beautiful, and accompanying them with the lyrics to my favourite Christmas song made my day. Thanks for posting!

West Coast 2009 ~ UK 2010 ~ IntimidaTour 2010 ~ Southern Japan/Tokyo Disney 2011

Permanent Tourist

Postby Electerik » Sun Dec 06, 2009 5:38 pm

^, ^^, & ^^^ Thanks for the compliments! I agree that they're beautiful pictures--but all I really did was be there at the right time to take them. :P
Erik Allen Elness

Jizzy jizz jizz jizz jizz

Postby PKI Jizzman » Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:09 pm

Wooowwww. I'd kill to have been there to take photos! Soooo pretty!!!

Hopefully I'll be able to get lots of rides and take lots of photos in a few weeks....I hope that Mystery Mine will be open in the weather that we have.
Chi life, live music, coasters, and traveling the world.
Snaps: photoboothezizi

Guaranteed Fresh or Your Money Back!

Postby dandaman » Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:25 pm

I went to the Titanic Exhibition in Orlando (still there) many years ago; I still have my passenger ticket back home. I was already a huge Titanic buff so it really interested me (and yes, they had the iceberg touching thing), but I don't know about other people being nearly as engaged in the experience.

Oh, and for the record, my guy lived. :)

PreviousNext

Return to Photo Trip Report Archive