TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dorney Park and Wildwater Kingdom Discussion Thread

p. 201 - Iron Menace announced for 2024!

^ It is a capacity thing. Where Kennywood's swing is a larger version that can hold 32 passengers, Dorney's is an 8 seat version of the ride. It is an upcharge because of the low capacity, and it took the place of Skyscraper (not as far as location goes) as the upcharge attraction at the park.

Talon is supposedly open again

You are not allowed to take pictures on any ride, new this year is that if you get caught with a camera on a coaster and they have to stop the ride, you will get kicked out of the park.

They go kind of overboard with it though, I mean according to their rules you aren't allowed to take pictures even on the 2 slow moving trains (which is strange since CP allows pictures to be taken on tranquil rides like that).

• 3 months later...

According to Screamscape, Demon Drop is no longer being sent to Knotts, and it is being sent to Dorney Park instead.

Crazy as it sounds, I’ve been told that pieces of Demon Drop have started to arrive at Dorney Park. That’s as bad an idea as Knott’s… who’s running this train wreck anyway? On top of Dorney suffering from all the same reasons that made Knott’s a poor choice for the ride, Dorney also suffers from noise complaint issues from their neighbors, and this is not known as a quiet attraction.

Link

I'm just wondering whose bright idea it was to send a used drop tower to a park that already has a S&S tower complex. I hope this isn't true, but I'm pretty sure it is. Oh well, hopefully this means that Michigan's Adventure will get it's own S&S tower complex soon.

Edited by larrygator

What's kind of sad about this is that Cedar Fair appears to be trying to squeeze the last penny out of its 1983 investment. They'll end up spending more money relocating it than they would just to scrap it.

So now what will Knott's do for 2010?

Eric

So now what will Knott's do for 2010?

Eric

Most likely nothing. Yet another disappointing year at Knotts.

Hopefully Knotts will receive something big in 2011.

I was kinda looking forward to Demon Drop, but with Cedar Fair making it clear that they were going to make no attempt at fitting Demon Drop in with Ghost Town, I'm happy we are not receiving this ride.

I find this whole thing hilarious...

But...to be honest, since it was announced that KBF was getting Demon Drop, I've become a little excited to have the ride so close by, but this actually much better news. It really was a bad idea.

That space could be used for something a lot better (I'm thinking the station for the park's next big coaster), that is if Screamin' Swing is still being removed...

Looking at the newest additions at the other parks in the CF chain, I'd gladly scrap the idea to get Demon Drop and wait for something better. Also, take in consideration of what all the other parks in the SoCal area will be doing in these upcoming years. There is going to be a huge competition among the parks for market share, so I believe that 2011 or 2012 will be a huge year for KBF. That's just my thought on the matter, and it would make sense if the addition would be a coaster. Basically, this is the main focus of the park nowadays but also because we need another solid coaster for the thrillseeker's category, not those more recent and somewhat mediocre family coaster additions as of late.

I would assume that they might put it where the Laser was located? But, take out a Schwarzkopf looper and replace it with a freefall? Even though I liked Demon Drop, this doesn't make any sense at all...

Maybe it will show up and sit in a scrap heap like the old Batman coaster after it showed up at Darien Lake a few years ago?

Even though I think Cedar Fair is a great chain unlike most people, I do think it's a bad decision not giving Demon Drop to Michigan's Adventure. Yes they have thrilling coasters, but they have no thrill rides and their only drop ride is a frog hopper if I remember correctly. Also every park already has a thrilling drop ride.

I think there is to be no crying at all about Knotts. Since what? late 2004 they got Silver Bullet, Sierra Sidewinder, and now Pony Express. I was at the park in I believe 2005. There is to be no crying, CF invested in the park, even rehabbed those western town buildings. Maybe I'd complain about Ghostrider. I have a reason to return to Knotts to get those two new coaster credits to myself.

I just hope Dorney is just a storage yard, just like Tidal Wave sat at SFDK for a couple years. I'd pay upcharge to use an excavator with a grapple arm in Dorney's parking lot to rip that scrap up.