Shane's Amusement Attic

Update:1998 Fiesta Texas 10 year master plan that never was.
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Thu Oct 08, 2009 4:39 pm

In my defense, they took the panda's food away and it growled at me. I was pretty sure in that split second that I'd end up on the "When Animals Attack" show.

Luckily the chinese lady came back with more food a second later and the panda was nice and cuddly again.

BTW, thanks for Season 3 Shane! (Could have done without that picture though!!!!)

"Can I get clamshells out of this ATM?"

Postby montezooma » Thu Oct 08, 2009 4:53 pm

Here's another one that might top that picture. Kristin was ALL ABOUT swinging from the grips on the train...until Elissa let go of her, then it was a completely different story. I think this picture captures the moment
DSC01172_640x480.JPG
Check out Season 5 of
Shane's Amusement Attic
NOW PLAYING
New Season, New Posts, New Logo...Old Stuff!

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby MagicMountainMan » Thu Oct 08, 2009 4:56 pm

Seeing the Tomorrowland entrance with out the Astro Orbiters blocking it makes me wish that ride would just go away...

The central entrance to Space Mountain looked awesome, too!

"Can I get clamshells out of this ATM?"

Postby montezooma » Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:06 pm

But I digress, let's get back to some Disney goodness. This time across the great United States to the east coast were a in 1971 a new Disney park had just opened. This souvenir book is not from the opening year but it does pre-date EPCOT. Can you believe there only used to be ONE theme park in Orlando...what's up with that???
wdw1.jpg
wdw2.jpg
wdw3.jpg
wdw4.jpg
wdw5.jpg
wdw6.jpg
wdw7.jpg
wdw8.jpg
wdw9.jpg
wdw10.jpg
wdw11.jpg
wdw12.jpg
wdw13.jpg
wdw14.jpg
wdw15.jpg
wdw16.jpg
wdw17.jpg
wdw18.jpg
wdw19.jpg
wdw20.jpg
wdw21.jpg
wdw22.jpg
wdw23.jpg
wdw24.jpg
wdw25.jpg
wdw26.jpg
wdw27.jpg
wdw28.jpg
wdw29.jpg
wdw30.jpg
wdw31.jpg
wdw32.jpg
wdw33.jpg
wdw34.jpg
wdw35.jpg
wdw36.jpg
wdw37.jpg
wdw38.jpg
wdw39.jpg
wdw40.jpg
Check out Season 5 of
Shane's Amusement Attic
NOW PLAYING
New Season, New Posts, New Logo...Old Stuff!

I get goeey for Lady GaGa!!!

Location: SoCal - Where you can find the most boring weather ever!

Postby KnottsDisneyFarm » Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:25 pm

Wow, those are some awesome vintage pictures. I like...

Former captain of the Arrow bus.

Postby Erik Johnson » Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:03 pm

I had an earlier version of the Walt Disney World book. It is pretty much exactly the same except Big Thunder was not built yet. Awesome stuff!

Doesn't know how to spell "Enthusiast."

Postby Six Flags Enthuseast » Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:17 pm

robbalvey wrote:The photos of Disneyland are seriously amazing and all, but I don't think anything can top this...

THAT...EXPRESSION...IS...PRICELESS!!!!! :lmao:

Great pictures. Lot's of detailed stuff from one of my all time favorite parks! :)

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:48 pm

Here is an interesting observation that I noticed when looking at the two guide books back to back.

When I look at the Disneyland book from 1978 I think "Wow, this park looks VERY different today" but when I look at the Magic Kingdom book from I'm assuming the same time period, the park doesn't look as foriegn to me as the Disneyland one.

And it really makes me think of how much Disneyland has totally changed in 30 years. Even in the 20 years since I originally worked at the park, I go to it today and think "this is not the park I once worked at in 1988."

But Magic Kingdom on the other hand seems to have preserved itself a bit better.

Many of the attractions I remember from the Disneyland of my youth are now gone (America Sings, Peoplemover, Country Bears, Rainbow Caverns Mine Train, Mission to Mars, Skull Island, Skyway, Inner Space, Circle Vision, etc) are now just memories, but aside from 20,000 Legues, Mickey Mouse Revue, Mr. Toad, Skyway and a couple of other minor things, my memories of Magic Kingdom from my youth are still pretty much intact today.

I'm not sure if either is a good or bad thing, just an observation that I made.

--Robb

This B&M donkey is so smooth!

Postby jcrouse » Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:48 pm

Great stuff Shane! (and congrats on the water park!)
I sure do miss River Country. Please keep the nostalgia coming.

And just to touch on what Robb said, there are a few spots at WDW that feel untouched (in a good way) - including my favorite place, Fort Wilderness - its almost exactly the same as it looks in the booklet - the same as it was when I went there as a kid.

Of course the landscape of the Magic Kingdom is going to look a whole lot different when the new Fantasyland is complete...

She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Postby Woogle » Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:09 am

Great update! It's nice to see that some features stayed almost unchanged, keeping the history alive. :roll:

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!