Mark's Postcard Paradise

A-Z - Disney's MAGIC KINGDOM 1970's-80's
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby thrillerman1 » Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:35 am

Konichiwa...shout outs to everyone on the TPR Japan trip!

Japan is truly one of the most amazing countries one can ever experience. When I went with TPR in '07, I was totally blown away by everything. It seemed like there was always something totally cool, random, and awesome everywhere we went within the span of about every 5 seconds. Kurashiki Tivoli was no exception. While you won't find extreme thrills here, the park is GORGEOUS beyond words and has a very European feel and charm to it. Besides the two coasters, there were several notable flat rides including a very intense Wave Swinger, a dessert/food themed spinning ride, a log flume with a curved lift hill, and unbelievable tea cups of death! I remember the walk through attraction having something to do with very scary Vikings. I should also mention Kurashiki is the home of Kidtum's first coaster credit! Check out this Coastertube video from the TPR visit to Kurashiki!
Click to download video to your computer or iPod/iPhone

Kurashiki Tivoli Front_800x572.jpg
Beautifully lit tiny carousel...check!
Kurashiki Tivoli Back_800x569.jpg
Tokyo Front_418x600.jpg
Bonus postcard...TOKYO!!!
Tokyo Back_800x562.jpg
I love you Japan!

Postby thrillerman1 » Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:50 am

You just never know when an old coaster in storage will spring back to life. While it's cool and all that a piece of AstroWorld will get a second life, I think most (all?) of us wish it wasn't Serial Thriller. Poor La Ronde...well at least you guys got Goliath not too long ago, which though I haven't ridden it, by all accounts looks like a great ride. Hopefully Serial Thriller gets those new Vekoma trains with the better OTSR's at least.
SThriller Front_800x571.jpg
Ouch.
SThriller Back_800x569.jpg
This makes me very nervous.

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:38 am

Here's three cards, taken down from our old Postcard Wall that used to be in our basement bathroom. The room is now being converted into a new bathroom with a proper shower, etc. Woo hoo! :smile:

So, here's two that were up on it - from Santa Claus California, on one of my late 1970's visits down the West Coast. They even had their own sort-of cancellation stamp on it too! Check it out on the back of each one! (o: It's not around anymore and honestly, I cannot remember where exactly on the west coast of CA it was. Any help, people? Thanks in advance.

The third one is from Buffalo Bill's in Nevada, south of Las Vegas, which used to boast one of the first "tallest and fastest roller coasters in the world"... Desperado ... Back in the late 1990's.

Enjoy.
PostcardWall39.jpg
Here's part of that Postcard Wall that the first one was on - can you find it?
PC_02.jpg
Here it is - Santa Claus California. And look - there's a childrens train ride in front!
PC_02b.jpg
The back of the card. With the "From Santa Claus CA" cancellation on it, lol
PostcardWall38.jpg
Here's the part where the second Santa Claus CA card was on. And that's NOT Marilyn Monroe, there. I think it's Jayne Mansfield. And you are close to the second card too!
PC_03.jpg
More of the fun things to at Santa Claus CA ....shopping. And eating.
PC_03b.jpg
And the back of this one from Sanat Claus, CA.
PostcardWall36.jpg
And on THIS part of the Postcard Wall we find.....
PC_04.jpg
Buffalo Bill's! And Desperado! Woo hoo!
PC_04b.jpg
The back of the card.
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Postby thrillerman1 » Sun Sep 27, 2009 9:29 pm

^ Great cards Bill...thanks for sharing!

Here's a little plug for Great Adventure Online website's first ever "Online Day" (<---click) coming up next Saturday, October 3rd, at SFGAdv. Although I live too far away to attend the event unfortunately, it sounds like it will be awesome. I promised the GAO website owner and TPR member, Josh, I'd help promote the event, so EVERYONE GO!!! Now to get you all in the mood for this event, which by the way coincides with the first night of Fright Fest, here's a scary ghost from SFGAdv's past...Viper.

Oh and by the way, next Sunday kicks off my Postcard SCAREadise 2!
Viper - Front_600x431.jpg
Togo Ghost
Viper - Back_600x431.jpg
Who has this credit?

I eat bugs.

Postby deathbydinn » Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:59 pm

This post card has a little mistake.
sthriller_back_800x569_153.jpg
How exactly are they getting seven inversions?

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby The Joker's Revenge » Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:37 pm

^ Yeah, I remember the ride being advertised on having seven inversions from the press release back in 1999. Even the guide on the park map for that year described the ride as "going upside down seven times".

I also remember counting only five when I went to ride it for the first time. It made no sense.

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:42 pm

^We have a sign in our living room from Serial Thriller that also proclaims the rides seven inversions!

And ahhh, Viper. I didn't hate it like so many people did. Although somehow SFGAd put the one ride in its spot that there's no way I could complain about Vipers destruction!!!

Postby thrillerman1 » Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:37 am

TPR friends, ghouls and goblins...the SCAREadise is back!!! To kick off the sequel here's a postcard of HallowSwings from Holiday World.
HallowSwings Front_600x401.jpg
Mmmmm...I like bats.
HallowSwings Back_600x397.jpg

Postby thrillerman1 » Sun Oct 11, 2009 2:43 pm

Vampires, werewolves, MUMMIES OH MY!!! From the land of ginormous outdoor escalators, I bring you a SCAREadise postcard of Universal Studios Hollywood's Revenge of the Mummy.

Is Florida's really better? I thought this was a pretty fun ride!
USH Mummy Front_600x402.jpg
Something bugs me about this postcard!
USH Mummy Back_600x396.jpg
Happy Hollyween

Happy Magic Water Cube

Postby Jds03 » Sun Oct 11, 2009 4:52 pm

This girl looks like she's having amazing fun: :lolr:
viper.jpg

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!