TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great America (SFGAm) Discussion Thread

I think Sky Trek Tower is open, and Larry the Gorilla will be on Condor this year. STT is being repainted blue, which will look great!

Awww...I've been looking for Larry the Gorilla for the past few days. I'm so used to him being at the top of STT. You are right, STT does look great with its new coat of blue paint. They're almost done with it!

Maybe I should quit my job and do comedy full time, like Dane Cook!

Then you wouldn't be funny.

LMAO!

// Thinks he has his moments but is way overrated

I agree.

Question: What mazes and scare zones does Great America usually have for Fright Fest? Didn't you have to pay extra for a couple mazes last year?

Yea, I think SF charges for all mazes and stuff, I actually never been on any of them. The scariest thing that is free is probably the Necropolis walk though...

But I am sure since you pay, they are wayy better scarier. Cedar Fair ones I think are free so they aren't as good.

But Rue Le morgue (rue le dodge) is amazing during Fright Fest! Last year, they loaded the whole thing with fog. You were driving it pitch fog and its amazing. Also, Condor is amazing with fog...it had maybe a 25 minute wait last year...

^ Last year there was a small walk-through deal around the rock climbing wall. The idea of it had to do with the demon of the Demon roller coaster. I do not do scare things so I can not comment on how good or bad it was. But it was free to season passholders and $5 to everyone else.

^ Last year there was a small walk-through deal around the rock climbing wall. The idea of it had to do with the demon of the Demon roller coaster. I do not do scare things so I can not comment on how good or bad it was. But it was free to season passholders and $5 to everyone else.

It was there when I went in October 2007, too.

I know I was there in 07 and don't remember this....how small is it?

Also am I the only one that wishes they would keep the demon song/radio thing on all year round

Yea, I think SF charges for all mazes and stuff, I actually never been on any of them. The scariest thing that is free is probably the Necropolis walk though...

But I am sure since you pay, they are wayy better scarier. Cedar Fair ones I think are free so they aren't as good.

But Rue Le morgue (rue le dodge) is amazing during Fright Fest! Last year, they loaded the whole thing with fog. You were driving it pitch fog and its amazing. Also, Condor is amazing with fog...it had maybe a 25 minute wait last year...

I was just at KD on sunday & their haunt event blows the crap out of SF's any day of the week so I don't know which CF park you're trying to compare it to but you're way off in that assesment that just because it's free means it's no good.

I was just at KD on sunday & their haunt event blows the crap out of SF's any day of the week so I don't know which CF park you're trying to compare it to but you're way off in that assesment that just because it's free means it's no good.

I've bolded the reasons why a response wasn't even necessary.

I know I was there in 07 and don't remember this....how small is it?

Also am I the only one that wishes they would keep the demon song/radio thing on all year round

I don't know. I remember it being on the park map, but I didn't go since I hate haunted houses/scare zones of any kind. I just happened to be in the park October 2007 and remember a scare zone themed to the Demon being near the Rock Climbing zone on the map. Didn't see the entrance, though.

Fright Fest details

The following rides do not operate during Fright Fest.

-Condor - Larry, the gorilla, will be on top of Condor this year instead of Sky Trek Tower

-Scenic Railway

-Yankee Clipper

-Logger's Run

-Roaring Rapids

Shows

Dead Man’s Party

The one party everyone’s dying to get invited to! Party with the undead as Dr. Fright hosts the biggest bash this side of the grave.

Playing in Snowshoe Taphouse located in Yukon Territory.

Love at First Fright

Fright Fest’s trademark family musical is back for its 19th smash season! Join Jack and Katie on a dare to spend a night in the cemetery where they encounter unsightly creatures and monsters.

Playing in the Grand Music Hall located in Hometown Square.

Susan Rosen: Mistress of Mesmerism

Guests can sit for a spell and witness the marvels of hypnosis or volunteer to fall under hypnosis themselves during this be-witching show.

Now playing at the:

Southwest Amphitheatre located in Southwest Territory

FREAK!

See all of the park’s ghoulish characters in this afternoon parade as the park transforms from Thrills by Day to Chills by Night with the rise of the creatures of the night! Runs daily at 4 p.m.

Zombie Jamoree Parade

A terror-ific end to a day, the Zombie Jamboree Parade features a menagerie of ghouls and frightfully fun characters. Runs nightly a half hour prior to park closing.

Parade travels through:

Hometown Square, Carousel Plaza, Orleans Place and Mardi Gras

Mr. Six Spooktacular Street Party

Join Mr. Six for a grave-defying dance party everyday at noon.

The Human Freak Show

Witness amazing feats by fabulous freaks – a show so entertaining and disturbing, you won’t believe your eyes. Due to graphic content and intense nature, not recommended for children under 12.

Playing in Necropolis

Transformed Rides

Demon

Demon's theme returns to it's original look during Fright Fest.

Snakes on a Train

Viper changes it's name to Snakes on a Train during Fright Fest. A spoof of the movie Snakes on a Plane.

Terror Twister 2 - A Turn for the Worse

For Fright Fest Chubasco is transformed into Terror Twister. Strobe lights and loud music fill the room while riding Terror Twister. New for 2009 Terror Twister 2 - A Turn For The Worse.

Other Fright Fest Transformed Rides

-Iron Werewolf/Predator (Iron Wolf)

-Ricoslay (Ricochet)

-Dead End Drive (Great American Raceway)

-Monster Mash (East River Crawler)

-Rue Le Morgue (Rue Le Dodge)

-Fiddler's Flung (Fiddler's Fling)

-Black Widow (American Eagle)

-Blood Bath (King Chaos)

-Swamp Thing (Whizzer)

-The Pit and the Pendulum (Revolution)

Haunted Houses

Studio 13: Where Film Comes to Fright

Hollywood comes to the Midwest in this exploration of primal fear showcasing 13 horror flicks in 13 rooms that guarantee terror at every turn. Studio 13 will invoke inner fears and satisfy the need to scream. Not recommended for children under 12 years of age.

Studio 13 is located in Southwest Territory

Additional fee required

Mausoleum of Terror: The Horror Heart of Necropolis

Long thought to be merely a myth, the Mausoleum of Terror stands as a gory memorial to the undead where decaying citizens are deadly dedicated to wreaking their wretched revenge on the living! Not recommended for children under 12 due to graphic content and intense nature.

The Mausoleum of Terror is located in Necropolis.

Additional Fee Required.

Haunted Areas

Tinseltown Terror

Visit this long abandoned movie studio backlot possessed by the deadliest stars of movie history. The movies have never been so "reel." Will you survive your Horrror Screen Test?

Tinseltown Terror is located in Southwest Territory

Rise of the Demon Scare-area

Guests who meander too far from the path will end up in the Rise of the Demon Scare-area!

Rise of the Demon is located in County Fair near Demon

Necropolis: Haunted City of the Dead

Unlike any city you've ever visited. BEWARE! The Zombies have taken over the Picnic Grove and turned it into Necropolis: Haunted City of the Dead.

The Entrance to Necropolis is located in Yukon Territory

Seven Sins Cemetery

Be on your guard as you travel through the Sevens Sins Cemetery, where vampires, sliders and werewolves lurk among creepy crypts.

Seven Sins Cemetery is located in Orleans Place

Cell Block "A" Scare Zone

Aliens have invaded Six Flags Great America at this free walk through scare area. Located in Yukon Territory.

From SFGAm World

^Thank you sooo much! That is really nicely copied from another site. I just really wanted to know the other attractions being changed.

I also emailed the park and they said Buccaneer Battle will remain open during Fright Fest. But I found that really hard to believe.

Also, Hellevator, or Giant Drop, should be added to that list...unless they didn't feel like it...

^Too bad I'll be in Minnesota stalking Matt.

My friend is going to be playing "Lydia" in the Tinseltown area. She didn't say if she would be in the haunted house or just roaming the place. I don't recall what they put in the Tinseltown area last year. I thought I saw a guy that was made up like he was burnt to a crisp. Does anyone else remember that, or was I seeing things?