TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Walt Disney World Disney's Animal Kingdom Discussion Thread

Here is a link of a no-so-great video of the train running (Due to the fact you can't get as close to the mountain anymore, since testing has started). It does look quite fast. Anyways, if it does prompt a password, the person who posted it said use the word "Yeti" make sure the Y is a capital letter. http://homepage.mac.com/langdonj/iMovieTheater2.html

Edited by Erik Johnson

How does WDW do their soft openings of new attractions? Does it operate on a sporadic basis depending on changes they need to make, or is it in operation until the 'grand opening'?

This year I was able to do both Soarin and Lights Motor Action about a month and a half before opening day. It's just luck actually. The Soarin ride was finished though not everything was quite finished in The Land. They also had a special AP preview for Soarin two weeks before opening day. For Lights Motor Action we got to see the very first performance for the general public...kinda like a dress rehersal. Not everything was in place, plus the show took twice as long to set up all the stunts for the show. I figure if EE's opening date is going to be around April 22, they may have a soft opening sometime early March.

^ Yeah, it's just getting to the park within a resonable time frame prior to it's "offical opening" and hope for the best.

Soft openings can happen any time, mid-day on, or only in the morning. This isn't exactly in the same attraction category, but when the Muppets 3-D Show premiered at WDW-MGM Studios back in 1991, we knew that it was opening soon, just not sure when. Happily, they had already started soft openings when we were there late spring, and we got to 'try it out' fresh and new as the show was, back then.

With coasters and big attractions like EE you just never know. But eventually, somebody will find out about the soft openings, and hopefully post it here, hmm?

• 2 weeks later...

That looks like such an amazing coaster! God, now I have to begin plan "Convince My Parents to Take my Brother and I to Disney World so That We Can Ride Expedition Everest Until my Brother Complains About how many Times We've Seen the Yeti and It's Giving Him Nightmares: Part 2"! Can't wait to do that, now I just need a pad and paper!

Yet again, AMAZING COASTER :shock: . Disney really went all out on this one! Can't wait to ride!

New photos showing up at miceage.com - pix showing two trains testing (yes!) are up at wdwmagic.com - and more pix at orlandorocks.com

This is looking like such a sweet ride/adventure attraction.

• 2 weeks later...

And THIS is my Post #501

Isn't that amazing? And if you go back thru old posted pix on www.wdwmagic.com you get to see all the amazing framework and tracking they started with and built up, layer upon layer.

I said it before, and I'll say it again - this is Big Thunder Mountain on Steroids! :shock: And the dear old Matterhorn was Papa, remember? In a good coaster, way, LOLOL!