SFNO/Jazzland Discussion Thread

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Final Destination Guy!

Postby Goliath513 » Sat Jul 11, 2009 7:03 pm

I think we'll see Knoebel's Flying Turns open before this park reopening.

Lady Rhinoceroses Ate Homosexual Coffee in New Orleans

Postby The Alex » Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:50 pm

^ I think we'll see Flying Turns, Kozmo's Kurves AND Golden Nugget all up and running before SFNO.

The way Danny has talked on that board in previous instances is nowhere near professional. He's accused members of being against rebuild the park, saying that they want it to stay closed.

Yeah, Mr. Rogers. They've been on the park's fansite for years just to tell potential investors just how much they don't want their plans to work.

There's always SFFT.
OldJJMan, thanks for knocking some sense into me.

Born when stamps were 2 cents

Postby OldJJman » Sat Jul 11, 2009 10:55 pm

The Alex wrote:OldJJMan, thanks for knocking some sense into me.

Nah. I was just bored one night (and a bit argumentative :) ) and started looking for some facts. I knew a little about the park as I had been there before. I went in 2002, when it was still Jazzland, and owned by the same company that owned Visionland and Castle Park (Riverside, Ca.).

I found a few interesting facts, and then started digging deeper. It was fairly easy. Especially if you throw in a little common sense.

However, I did just look on the "The Internet Movie Database" (www.imdb.com) to see if maybe perhaps he was/is an actor, because he is certainly putting on a show. But, no such luck.

I'll be keeping my eyes open. Trust me!

JJ

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Sir Clinksalot » Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:00 am

The City and Six Flags has a hearing scheduled for today

http://www.wwl.com/City-and-Six-Flags-h ... fo/4880033

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:02 am

This is amazing professional journalism:

a Baton Rouge-based company called Southern Star Entertainment has applied for $100 million in GO-Zone bonds to take over the par and redevelop it.

Mmmmmm. Pants.

Postby MonkeyPants » Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:48 am

Those jerks forgot a 'k'!

btw- it would be "amazingly professional journalism."

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby coastermotion » Mon Aug 03, 2009 12:36 pm

I really hope something happens to this park soon! I remember a few months back where there were areas being cleaned up. But I can't remember any links. I also think they should make this park with a huge comeback! A huge new coaster maybe? I'm not sure, but plans for the waterpark and stuff seem quite exciting.

Lady Rhinoceroses Ate Homosexual Coffee in New Orleans

Postby The Alex » Mon Aug 03, 2009 3:52 pm

I'm honestly ready for this fiasco to die.
It'd be nice to have a park open in time for the 2013 Superbowl, but I have my doubts that we'll see that area of the city coming back any time soon.

Though I'd really rather not have to drive to San Antonio, Dallas, or Atlanta for huge coaster fixes.

AWESOME-O-SAURUS!!!

Postby Homer » Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:27 pm

Honestly, a park the size of Kemah would do better in New Orleans than a full-fledged Six Flags type park now-a-days. I still question the legitimacy of Southern Star Amusements.
-My butt has touched 112 roller coasters, how unfortunate.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Dat86Dude » Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:45 am

Breaking News! Nickelodeon Theme Park? We shall see...I hope this gets done but we know how things work down here...

www.nola.com/business/index.ssf/2009/08/nickelodeon_to_build_theme_par.html

Nickelodeon to build theme park at old Six Flags site in eastern New Orleans
Published: Tuesday, August 18, 2009, 11:44 AM Updated: Tuesday, August 18, 2009, 12:39 PM
By Martha Carr, The Times-Picayune

Flanked by Mayor Ray Nagin and City Councilwoman Cynthia Willard-Lewis, Nickelodeon officials today announced they plan to build a theme park at the abandoned Six Flags site in eastern New Orleans, starting this fall and opening by late 2010.

In July, the Baton Rouge firm Southern Star Amusement applied for $100 million in bonds for the project. Southern Star plans to partner with Nickeodeon on the deal, with Nickelodeon lending its considerable marketing muscle to the venture.

Officials from the two firms this morning sketched out a vision of a revitalized park that contains a mixture of rollercoasters and other traditional amusement-park fare with water-themed rides.

In an application to the Industrial Development Board for Gulf Opportunity Zone bonds, Southern Star said it wanted the bonds to restore existing buildings and major pieces of equipment at Six Flags, which has not reopened since being damaged in Hurricane Katrina.

Later today, officials from Nickelodeon and Southern Star are scheduled to appear before the IDB in support of their bond application. At the announcement this morning, they indicated that the viability of the project -- which they described as a $165 million deal -- is largely contingent on approval of the bond application.

David Grunfeld / The Times-PicayuneSix Flags under water during Hurricane Katrina 2005. Nickelodeon plans to build at new theme park at the site, shuttered since the storm.
Last edited by larrygator on Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:52 pm.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!