TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

p. 623 - New Epic Universe details, including Celestial Park!

I agree with everyone, but, they must be getting at least a little closer because they have been testing multiple trains on the track, put the rings up, have workers training, and taken down some of the construction walls. But its still possible it wont open for a while, then again no one knows!

They were testing the coaster on Sunday when I was at Universal Studios. The only thing that seems odd is it slows down between each element. I have some pictures to post, but they need to be edited down before I can post them...hope to post them tonight. It looks like an interesting coaster.

They were testing the coaster on Sunday when I was at Universal Studios. The only thing that seems odd is it slows down between each element. I have some pictures to post, but they need to be edited down before I can post them...hope to post them tonight. It looks like an interesting coaster.

do you mean the brakes slow the train a lot down?

all the test run pictures/videos looks awesome, but does someone know if the track gets lights?

It's very likely that Dragon Challenge is only part of the real name. Universal already has rights to use "Harry Potter" and other related names and now they have the rights to this name which gives them legal protection over anything close to those two names.

In other words, it could be named "Harry Potter and the Dragon Challenge" or "Triwizard Tournament: Dragon Challenge" while still protecting the name and not giving it all away in a public manner.

Personally, Harry Potter and the Dragon Challenge sounds pretty good to me.

They've dueled pretty much every time I've been on them, except the two times my brother has visited from out of state.

Both times they simply dispatched each side whenever they wanted to, and the chains didn't adjust themselves, leaving us feeling ripped off (which unfortunately is becoming much more common with Universal).

I've been on Dueling Dragons dozens of times and can only think of one time it didn't duel. I guess I'm just lucky.

Anyway, the possible new name doesn't really grab me. Oh well, at least it's only the name being replaced and not the ride.

Lol, Syd Vinyl our favorite legendary rockstar (in eastern Europe) and promoter of HRRR uploaded one of his "Number One" singles.

Lol, Lo and Behold. Love Musk.

I'd love for it to be on the ride, lmao.

I was at the park today, it tested all day long, which was nice to see. It ended up stopping right before cresting the lift, and got stuck there for a little bit. But when I checked back it was running, there were crew members out front telling guests information about the ride, but over and over again there responses were "no set date for an opening" But the day was overall fun, and I love watching HRRR run. Can't wait to see it with people on it. But I also noticed the mcbr's doing a little more trimming than before.

I've been to Universal Studios on five separate occasions (once a year) during slow parts of the season and can only think of a handful of times it didn't duel, all because something held one of the trains up in the station after they had sent the other. For example, a man would not put his camera away on Ice so they held the train and there were a few times where parents with children took exceptionally long while loading so they just sent the other train alone. As far as I know, it is extremely uncommon for the ride not to duel, so you must have just been having really bad luck that day. The ride loses so much of its dynamic nature when only one side is going, so it's unfortunate you didn't get to experience it in its true glory.

I would have to agree that it is uncommon to not have them duel and one must have been very unlucky to never have duel every time one went.

I have been on Dueling Dragons countless number of times and can only remember twice that it did not duel. Both times it was not a mechanical malfunction or anything of that sort, just trouble loading the guests and instead of having the other train wait too long, they just sent the other. They do this a lot and most of the time, the other train will catch up on the lift, just not these two times.

The experience I would have say seem very plain when their not dueling. It really takes away from the experience with only one train going. However when both are going, it just seems so much more enjoyable to me.