TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

TPR's Scandinavia 2009 Trip!

• Replies 769
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.themeparkreview.com/coastertube/play.php?vid=CIMG0649_t3bg

That's my entry. I dont know how to do MP3 and that stuff so sorry.

FAIL!!!!

You did not follow the instructions!!!

Your entry has been disqualified!

You will NOT get a bag-of-crap!

You get NOTHING!!!!

Follow the instructions next time!!!!

Carry on....

--Robb

^ As I said I don't know how to do MP3 files so I couldn't follow the instructions exactly. If someone tells me how to do MP3 files I will. Untill then that's all I have. Sorry.

Edit: I think kicking me out of the contest is a little far. It should be on how you pronounce the coaster not how you submit your entry becuase that's not fair to everyone.

^ Are you kidding me? You've heard of the internet right? Here are the instructions:

1. Open your internet browser (it comes free with most computer operating systems)

2. Type into the address bar (usually found on the top of the screen and most addresses start with http://) www.google.com

3. When Google's main page comes up (It's white with the words Google on it so you know you are at the right place) type into the box "How to make an MP3" and click the "Google Search" button.

4. You will be given a list of many possible web pages that could have information you are looking for. (The active links are usually in blue)

5. It may take you a little bit of time to find what you are looking for (approximately 30 seconds, give or take a few seconds) but I have a feeling that by using Google you should be able to find a few web pages on the subject of "How to make an MP3."

I hope this little less on "How to use the internet" has been helpful to you and to any other people who may also be reading.

Thank you!

--Robb "Just trying to educate the world one person at a time." Alvey

edit: No, it's not too far. It was done mostly for comedic value, but also because the instructions were simple enough for everyone ELSE to follow them, so why can't you?

I'm sorry, I'm not techy and don't know how to do a lot of the stuff you do. I just started doing stuff like this so no I don't know everything. I don't know how to edit videos or make websites that look nice. You've been doing stuff like that for a long time and I'm just a kid. I didn't think it was that horrible to not know how to make a MP3 file. Didn't you have to learn how to make them too? You had to learn and now I do. You could be a good teacher and just explain it or leave long sarcastic instructions. I'm sorry I wasn't born knowing how to do this.

Another Great Global Alvey Expedition!

It's been fun following you two and your TPR 'crew' through these parks.

I hope that KidTums has something waiting for her when she returns back home. (based on that photo caption)

It's also good to see Dan posting on the site. You should post a few more of thoses MP3 files, so we can all hear them.

You know your running a great web site, when people don't go a day without checking in!

That's what makes Robb Robb. What would this site be without his (and many other poster's) sarcasm?

-Tatum

Exactly. Deal with it. I'm not changing for anyone. Especially not for someone who can't follow directions.

And you know it had nothing to do about the mp3 it was your delivery method. And if you can't figure out what I'm saying go back and READ the instructions. Read them over and over and see if you can figure out what you did wrong.

On another note we just finished with the worlds first Invertigo at Sommerland Syd and we are on our way to the worlds first Legoland!!!

-Robb

^ I meant the opening the Internet and going to google. That was just sarcastic. He couldve just said do a google search, not the whole long thing.

don`t take everything to serious, young man. You can record 60seconds with the "audiorecorder" which is integrated in windows. Then you save it as *.wav (wave-)file. then download the audiograbber and the lame plugIn from here: http://www.audiograbber.com-us.net/download.html. Take one of the servers near you to download audiograbber and the LAME-MP3 DLL (under the agsetup*.* links) and follow the install instructions(extract and copy *.dll in the same directory as audiograbber). when you have installed both then just drag and drop the wave file into AG and click on MP3. Thats it... in the otions menu you can change the destination folder and other options for the MP3.

Hope that will help you... and for the future! if you know google, just use it

In my honest opinion, I think the sarcasm detracts from the serious nature of this very important thread. How the hell am I going to home school my children without all these photos of picturesque European cities. This utter diatribe about google, and having a sense of humor, and bacon flavored lube, and boobs must stop! Can we please get back to the task at hand. My God! Children these days? Attention spans of a gnat. Oooo look, a doggie! Does this smell bad to you? Stop picking at it, or it'll never heal.

Guy "The purveyor of all that is serious, and has never derailed a thread." Koepp

see if you can figure out what you did wrong.

As someone who was irritated by the spoiled sense of entitlement of your post, before Robb even responded, let me help you with this.

As I said I don't know how to do MP3 files so I couldn't follow the instructions exactly. If someone tells me how to do MP3 files I will. Untill then that's all I have. Sorry.

I'm not "techy," either. I don't know how to create an MP3 voice file, but if I were so inclined, I wouldn't expect "someone" to "tell me how." I would do exactly as Robb suggested - google it. Then, if I couldn't figure it out on my own, I would nicely post in the "Ask Alvey" thread for some technical assistance, detailing what I had tried to help myself, and where I got stuck. I wouldn't just expect everyone to bend to my level of incompetence.

I think kicking me out of the contest is a little far. It should be on how you pronounce the coaster not how you submit your entry becuase that's not fair to everyone.

Life isn't fair. Get used to it. It's going to get a hell of a lot less fair, if/when you move out of your parent's house and have to support yourself.

I'd love to win a TPR Bag-o-Crap - who wouldn't? But I don't have the technical skills, nor the time to invest in acquiring them. So, rather than whining about how unfair the contest rules are, I'm just going to continue to enjoy the updates and be happy for the winner of the coveted Bag-o-Crap.

When you have your own website, you can attempt to make up your own contests with rules that you deem are "fair to everyone."

Way to suck the fun out of an offhanded caption.

[/momrant]

On a completely unrelated note...

Elissa - thanks for the bowlady link! I ordered 4 pairs, to start!

Guy - you crack me up!

Robb - thank you, as always, for taking the considerable time and effort on your vacation to post updates for those of us travelling vicariously!