TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Photo TR: Midwest Mania! (SDC/SFStL/WoF/AdvL/VF/NickU)

Nick Universe looks fun! Fairly Odd Coaster you get a slightly different experiance each time right? (I've never ridden any spinning coaster so I don't know)

I've been wanting to try that Spongebob coaster for awhile! How's that hangtime though? Freaky? (I get freaked out by hangtime easily) Until then, I'm still a Gerstlauer virgin.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, with spinning coasters you essentially get a new ride everytime you ride, which is one of the reasons I love them even though I get nauseous most of the time with rides that spin.

Spongebob is fun. It's my only Eurofighter other than Mystery Mine, and I enjoy MM a lot more. The hangtime is crazy but it's nothing that should worry you.

Yes, with spinning coasters you essentially get a new ride everytime you ride, which is one of the reasons I love them even though I get nauseous most of the time with rides that spin.

Spongebob is fun. It's my only Eurofighter other than Mystery Mine, and I enjoy MM a lot more. The hangtime is crazy but it's nothing that should worry you.

I can't stand spinning rides well so I'm probably going to skip Fairly Odd Coaster if I pay a trip to Mall of America. Is Avatar more dizzying or Fairly Odd Coaster?

I have never ridden a Eurofighter before (or any Gerst. as I said) and I hear they are incredible hangtime machines. Wish I could ride MM someday too but might be abit of trouble due to claustrophobia concerns...

~ Jess "The last airbender" Chan

Valleyfair!

My second new-to-me Cedar Fair park on the trip was pretty much a letdown. Not that I was expecting much, but there's just honestly nothing there that would make me want to go out of my way to visit...Except Kara, of course.

Renegade was a fun ride, but to me it just doesn't offer anything different than Kentucky Rumbler or Evel Knievel. Sure, it was an enjoyable coaster, but there's nothing outstanding about it. The first drop IS a lot of fun, and there are a few moments that stand out but overall it was nothing spectacular. I think my biggest issue with it was the high turnaround in the middle of the ride that just murdered the pace. Thunderhead, and especially Prowler, own Rene.

As far as the rest of the park goes, Wild Thing was fun without brakes, but with brakes was very, very mediocre and Steel Venom was definitely a new experience with the holding brake but I prefer Wicked Twister. High Roller was overly trimmed, Corkscrew was an Arrow Corkscrew and Excalibur was decent.

After being terrified, however, I finally ride a Screaming Swing (Extreme Swing) and had a blast! Kara and Kim had to coerce me onto it, but in the end it was definitely worth it. The park itself was clean, and the employees are top notch.

Pictures!

Main Entrance in the morning...Dead!

Hmmm, I think I know whose responsible for this... If you visit the park, please make sure to throw your spare change into this fountain, it's going towards a GREAT cause. As being someone who was fortunate enough to take a tour of the Give Kids the World Village in Orlando, I can vouch for this organization. DONATE!!

So many people...

I believe this was in a movie...

Ferris Wheel

Why couldn't they call it Looper?

Just another Morgan hyper

Much better without brakes

Extreme Swing! Scared the hell out of me but was worth it

Did I mention that I have a fear of heights and of looking straight down??

A little love for the Arrow Mouse

Power Tower: Next to the trees

As I said, the park was exceptionally busy

Twisty Spike

Holdy Spike

Doing our best Reagan impressions

High Roller looks pretty!

Return trip

Moments later, the ride got evac'd on one of the last turns....Juuuust missed it

We took a break to head to Buffalo Tap for some cheese curds (AMAAAAAZING), wings and a HUGE Juicy Lucy burger

Messy, messy

And then it was back for some Renegade to finish off the day!

Aw, Spring in Minnesota

"Prowler is THIIIIIIIS much better!!"

Low turnaround after the pace-killing high turnaround

Oh, and an obligatory "from the road" shot of Excalibur.

Aaaand, one last shot of Renegade to end this

Thanks for reading!

Bummer to hear you had a mediocre time. I actually really like Valleyfair and think it has a few "extra things" that other CF parks don't have...I also hear the interns there are super awesome and good-looking

Great Pics. Nice reports.

I was done with Valleyfair, Renegade aside(wasnt open, had to back track 2 days later to ride it) in 1 hour and 15 minutes. Had every credit and did not need another ride on any coaster. Even got 2 rides in that time on Wild Thing.

Of the Cedar Fair parks I've been to, I'd rank them as so:

1. Cedar Point

2. Worlds of Fun

3. Valleyfair

4. Kings Island

THANK YOU for putting WoF up high on your list! Granted you've only listed four parks, it's still great that you listed WoF just under CP. WoF is so underrated. It's small-sized but has some great rides. The staff was amazing as well. Always were positive, seemed to enjoy their jobs, had those little chant things they did before dispatching a ride, and I only saw one cell phone! When I went there last year, I thought that if Patriot wasn't there, something would be missing, and the park wouldn't be complete. Now that Prowler is there, I'm not sure what I'm gonna think

Love the "Holdy Spike" photo!

I'm really fond of those Arrow mice. As a matter of fact--and even though it's kind of weird--I consider "them" one of my top ten coasters. I haven't been on this particular one, though.

When do they run Wild Thing unbraked?

/Been to ValleyFair as a kid. Really need to go back.

Worlds of Fun is a fun park, but honestly it only maintains #2 in my CF ranking by virtue of Prowler and my hate of Kings Island/"meh" attitdude towards Valleyfair. I actually never liked Cedar Point until last year when I spent a weekend at Lighthouse Point.

And Erik, I was fortunate to ride Wild Thing on a preview night without brakes. While not outstanding, it was still a lot better than with brakes...And better than Magnum, of course.