SFNO/Jazzland Discussion Thread

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Doesn't know how to spell "Enthusiast."

Postby Six Flags Enthuseast » Sun May 10, 2009 3:24 pm

^WAAAAAYYY interesting.... I wonder what will happen...

Born when stamps were 2 cents

Postby OldJJman » Sun May 10, 2009 3:37 pm

Oh no!

An ultimatum!!!

When SFI, lets the deadline pass, THEN WHAT????

The city of New Orleans is just blowing smoke.

Nothing will happen. The city can't sue, as they REFUSED the offer by SFI two years ago. Now they want they offer extended again?? Please.

If they do, more than likely, it'll be thrown out of court.

(Unless, of course, Danny Rogers is also an attorney!) :lmao:

JJ

I just made a donkey in No Limits!

Postby IStillPlayRCT2 » Tue May 12, 2009 4:41 pm

New Update! Today N.O. won an injuction in the civil district court against SF. Also, they city was able to get a temporary restraining order preventing the removal of any more rides, and other stuff. Read about it here: http://www.nola.com/business/index.ssf/ ... strai.html

There was also an interview with the city attorney talking about the winning of the injuction thing. I can post the link to that if anyone wants to hear it, if you reply to the update, just tell me so I can edit this post.

She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Postby Darksin » Thu May 14, 2009 5:39 am

Go New Orleans!

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby The Disneylander » Thu May 14, 2009 8:14 am

What is this going to accomplish? IMO, this is just New Orleans trying to gain some easy money.

And SF doesn't even have that much money left... :?r Seems like a stupid thing to do, really.

They should focus on the Lower 9th Ward first. :P

I wish they would make Street Fighter Donkey.

Postby CoasterGuy06 » Thu May 14, 2009 2:07 pm

I assume the reporter in the video in the first post of this thread made a mistake because he said the city was going to sue Six Flags to force them to remove the rides, but now they file an injunction to prevent that?

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby ArizonaGuy » Thu May 14, 2009 9:44 pm

IStillPlayRCT2 wrote:New Update! Today N.O. won an injuction in the civil district court against SF. Also, they city was able to get a temporary restraining order preventing the removal of any more rides, and other stuff. Read about it here: http://www.nola.com/business/index.ssf/ ... strai.html

There was also an interview with the city attorney talking about the winning of the injuction thing. I can post the link to that if anyone wants to hear it, if you reply to the update, just tell me so I can edit this post.

That's too funny. I don't think there's anything else in the park that Six Flags would even want to take. Looks like the City of New Orleans is being run by several "Johnny Comelately's"

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby CHILLERLC1 » Fri May 15, 2009 9:40 pm

I think they already took what I mostly valued of the place. The Topspin is probably toast. Vekomas left behind: I don't care.

I poop golden school busses

Postby astroworldfan1 » Fri May 15, 2009 9:42 pm

I don't know why everyone says that Jester (SFFT's Joker's Revenge) was rough. It was not rough. It was quite smooth when they turned the trains around.

-Tatum

Lady Rhinoceroses Ate Homosexual Coffee in New Orleans

More interesting news.

Postby The Alex » Mon May 18, 2009 3:29 pm

I thought I'd rekindle the age-old argument of whether this park will come back or not with this: promises from Mr. Rogers himself.

- Funding is being secured. And so on and so forth. The money is coming from all over the place: federal grants and loans, investor money, HUD loans, and a few more sources.
- The Skycoaster (upcharge attraction) faces the possibility of being removed. It will most likely be replaced with another attraction.
- The two drop towers taken from the park, manufactured by S&S, will not be replaced. Something else is planned for the area.
- Martin & Vleminckx rides has both inspected and placed bids on contracts for refurbishing rides. The four roller coasters and two other "major rides" are repairable, and will reopen.
- The Jester will be turned around so it can run the course forwards for once. I would say, "You're welcome," but it's not 100% official the park will be back yet.
- Both the "Legend City" name and the theme/waterpark fusion concept are still in place. This will be a hybrid park like no other.
- One of the new attractions to be installed in the park is a custom-built train ride that features thematic elements. It will be located in the "Buzzard Creek" themed section of the park, wherever that will be (I'm assuming in the large space behind Jester, because that's the only place with room for it). I can't remember what theming will happen, but it'll basically be a story-as-you-ride concept.

And the most exciting news.....
- The MegaZeph (From the CCI Class of 2000) will go through an extensive rehab courtesy of M&V Rides. It will also be getting two brand new 12-car trains, costing a smidge under $600,000. The manufacturer, you ask? The Gravity Group. Yes, I'm talking Timberliners. Zephy could possibly be the first woodie to run them.

So take that with a grain of salt or a ton of bricks.
Cheers,
Alex

Source: this forum.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!