Six Flags Magic Mountain Terminator Salvation: The Ride

Complete Media Day Coverage - Photos & Video - Page 1
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Archived Photo Trip Reports of Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, and Donkeys!
Which came first the turtle or the donkey?

Postby ethans_dad06 » Sat May 02, 2009 1:30 am

I am optimistic that the themeing will very extensive. Didn't tim say they are spending like 1million on themeing alone? That's alot of money to play with for themeing!

X > X2

Postby X2coasterfreak » Sun May 03, 2009 9:03 am

I have an idea of what the trains are going to look like. I think the front end is going to be like the front end of a Jeep. And the back will look like the back end of a Jeep. To support my idea I noticed that on the SFMM site that Terminator is supported by Jeep. Tim said the trains are Millennium Flyer with the front end changed. Als I thought it would make sense if it was Jeep because they are kind of like army cars. Does anyone think my idea is plausible?
Credit Count: 149
128 Steel 21 Wood

#1 Steel: Intimidator 305
#1 wood: El Toro
(SFGAdv)
Please ignore my extremely embarrassing username

Did Medusa in the front and back

Postby atem122 » Sun May 03, 2009 9:33 am

^I actually think that'd be a pretty good idea, it is a plausible idea. What I dont get is why jeep's parent company asks for a bail out and then sponsors a ride :?r

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby rawrtotheargh » Sun May 03, 2009 2:44 pm

I have heard from an employee (senior lead) that there is a Jeep in one of the preshows. Possibly under the station. So there is definitely a Jeep tie in. Can't wait to see how they tie in a wood coaster to a steel themed world.

One thing i noticed though is that during WCB they said that the opening of TS:TR is supposed to be the same day as the movie. But the movie comes out on the 21st. And public opening is supposed to be the 23rd. I wonder if they just meant it was going to coincide with the movie coming out same day as media day

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

sup

Postby lakerfan » Sun May 03, 2009 5:32 pm

did they bring the trains

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Sun May 03, 2009 5:59 pm

May 3rd - Terminator Salvation: The Ride UPDATE!

Hey everyone! We are back from our trans Atlantic cruise, so that means more Terminator updates for all of you!

There has been a TON of progress in the past couple of weeks! Check it out below, but you'll see the station fly-by, transfer track area, lots of buildings being framed (I'm assuming pre-show buildings), what looks like the first pieces of area theming on site, and the entrance SIGN!

And something very interesting appears to be happening on the ride...but read the update below to find out! (Oh, and be sure to try to answer the Email Dan question!)

Enjoy....

Oooh! We have SIGN!

Here is today's cyber-cam shot. As you can see the ride is almost done!

Quite a difference a few bulldozers, new wood and a couple of years make, huh? =)

Work is being done on the station (to the left) and the transfer track area (to the right)

You can already see some queue is getting set up, and hmm...what is that I see...let's take a closer look...

Could this be...theming???

Have a look at the sign and the bridge.

Zoom out just a little and you can see something being built just on the other site of the bridge. What could that be?

Another look at the current construction. Lots of framework going up. I wonder what those could be for? Pre-show buildings? On-ride photos?

A slightly more zoomed out shot of the entire ride.

Not much wood left over now!

A few random popsicle sticks laying around.

Hmm...two of those things do not belong...let's take a closer look...

I wonder what those beat up cars are for? =)

Oh, they must be for Goliath! My bad!

Here's another look at the entrance area. Let's check out another angle!

Oooh! Peek-A-Boo! What's this I see? I spy TWO TPR members in this picture! Do you know who they are? If you know, EMAIL DAN! mrt0ad13@aol.com The first 10 people with the correct answer will get a TPR Bag-Of-Crap!

Winner every time!

Hmm...looks like another building getting renovated? (Or even demolished?) Maybe this will be Terminator Salvation: The Shop!

With all this goodness going on, in the "disappointing" category, the restrooms by the ride opened back up, and while some work was done (new stall doors, etc) they didn't look that much better than before. There wasn't even a baby changing station! C'mon, SFMM, if you're going to be "family friendly" you should be adding the things that families need that you'll find at other parks!

And from the other side of the bridge you can see some more work being done.

Up, it's a bridge.

Wonder what that shed will eventually be?

Ahh, this is still one of the prettiest shots you can get!

Ooh! Station fly-by! Yay!

Random track.

More station fly-by.

Well, this is interesting..

Are they tunneling in that turn around?

Sort of looks like it! So maybe THIS is what happened to those X2 tunnels! :D

GCI Station Fly-by = AWESOME!

Another look at the very DENSE first drop!

Want another station fly-by pic? Ok!

My doctor told me that I need to have at least three random track pictures per Terminator Salvation: The Ride update.

Very interesting...

More random track!

And one more look at the entrance...that's right Terminator Salvation: The Ride...it won't be long now! See you in a few weeks!

Thanks for reading!

--Robb

Cockroach and rat free since 2002!

Postby Bolliger&Mabillard » Sun May 03, 2009 6:06 pm

Wow. Drooltastic!
No weapon formed against me shall prosper
Gotta love yourself before you can love another

Did Medusa in the front and back

Postby atem122 » Sun May 03, 2009 6:08 pm

It's amazing how much sfmm can do in one week, last week none of those walls or pre show building frames, were there, the fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo hut was just a frame, and most importantly that sexy signage wasnt there. I'm starting to think that the trolls working the late shifts theory is true

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby WildStangAlex » Sun May 03, 2009 6:28 pm

This ride and all of it's bonuses are looking awesome!

Beware of the Magic Donkey at Lotte World!

Postby CloneCaptain38 » Sun May 03, 2009 6:31 pm

Awesome pictures. It's looking fantastic, and love that entrance sign, it's better than I thought it would be. The little structure by the bridge is fluffy, fluffy bunnies filled with medicine and goo I believe.

I believe they may be working 24/7 to get this thing done on time, because don't they need a week or two to test the trains? They probably have workers all night working on it, using large light lamps to see.

I can't wait to see the progress by next week, they'll probably be testing the trains, and we'll all see what they look like.

Tim

PreviousNext

Return to Photo Trip Report Archive