TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Magic Mountain Terminator Salvation: The Ride

robbalvey

No, you guys are all wrong. THIS is what they should of done. I've even included all 3; an entry , exit, and flashpass line.

Also notice where SFMM should of put their preshow. If they had done this they wouldn't of spent more money on adding a building and they would be less in debt, then they'd be able to turn on the Goliath tunnel misters and run superman with both sides.

Seriously. Can't we all just accept that Magic Mountain probably looked at every angle and are aware of possible problems that maybe, JUST maybe we aren't aware of which has prevented them from building it a certain way.

Myterm.jpg.ce62ea7df97be85e320ab248faae91fe.jpg

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Screw it. I'm totally not even going to bother riding this thing unless they make the entry bridge at least 2 inches wider.

By the way, the dumpster pre-show had me rolling. Thanks, I needed that.

The Funsrtuction site shows that the Transfer building structure is all up. Station structure is all up and they have started the pre show 1 building! It looks like they are back to getting stuff up in amazing time. Only 20 more days to go until media day.

And the preshow one building is located where the brake run and the turn around meet. But it looks really small.

OMG! Does it really matter how big the bridge is? Everyone is saying the bridge is too small it takes away from everything else. Isn't it the ride that counts not how big the stinkin bridge is? What it seems like to me is that everyone gets off the ride going to be like, yea best GCII ever, oh wait the bridge is too small, screw it worst ride ever.

Also I looked under the Funstruction on the SFMM site. I couldn't find anything about the transfer or pre show buildings? Were is it

^ I think thats beside the point. People were just simply wondering if its big enough for both a line AND an exit. The size of a line does have some influence on the ride's capacity.

I'm not worried about the bridge at all. Why?

Because didnt anybody ever think that SFMM thought about this issue and figured it out before the coaster even went up?

What it seems like to me is that everyone gets off the ride going to be like, yea best GCII ever,...

I'll wait until I ride it, but I seriously doubt it will be the best GCI.

It would be quite a ride to knock off (in order for me) the OzCat, KR, or Troy!!

JJ

Because didnt anybody ever think that SFMM thought about this issue and figured it out before the coaster even went up?

When Disney builds a new monorail that can't run in temperatures higher than 80 degrees due to huge design flaw leading to a lack of proper ventilation, some people don't feel like they can assume anything anymore.

To question is understandable, but I don't have problems assuming that the plans for Terminator include proper entrance/exit/queue space.

It has already been said that a queue must be at least 4 feet wide, if any part of the queue is less than that, a building inspection will quickly fix the problem. Now I can understand that if it's not the begining of the queue and is just an entrance to the area then yes maybe it will be too small when a large crowd is pushing into the area, but I think that it is going to be the queue entrance. I looked at the funstruction site as well and didn't see the update, maybe we are looking in the wrong spot?

I was just reading this article from the L.A. times website about Terminator, posted April 11th. Here is a small snippet from what General Manager Tim Burkhart had to say...

For the last 18 months, the park has been working on the Terminator Salvation coaster, an all-wood thrill ride that will rocket passengers as fast as 55 mph from a 100-foot peak. The ride is expected to debut on Memorial Day weekend, on the same day as the release of the movie of the same name.

Burkhart said the ride wouldn't surpass other attractions with speed, drops or total ride time but would incorporate riders into the story like no other attraction.

He provided few details but said two actors from the movie would be featured in video clips that would be shown during the ride. He added that riders waiting in line would walk through tunnels and around props before getting on the ride.

"This," he said, "is, by far, going to be the most elaborately themed ride in the park."

To read the entire article, follow this link.........

L.A. Times - Six Flags Magic Mountain - Terminator Salvation

For the last 18 months, the park has been working on the Terminator Salvation coaster, an all-wood thrill ride that will rocket passengers as fast as 55 mph from a 100-foot peak. The ride is expected to debut on Memorial Day weekend, on the same day as the release of the movie of the same name.

Burkhart said the ride wouldn't surpass other attractions with speed, drops or total ride time but would incorporate riders into the story like no other attraction.

He provided few details but said two actors from the movie would be featured in video clips that would be shown during the ride. He added that riders waiting in line would walk through tunnels and around props before getting on the ride.

"This," he said, "is, by far, going to be the most elaborately themed ride in the park."

We shall see......Yes, we shall.

I have an idea of what the trains are going to look like. I think the front end is going to be like the front end of a Jeep. And the back will look like the back end of a Jeep. To support my idea I noticed that on the SFMM site that Terminator is supported by Jeep. Tim said the trains are Millennium Flyer with the front end changed. Als I thought it would make sense if it was Jeep because they are kind of like army cars. Does anyone think my idea is plausible?

I have heard from an employee (senior lead) that there is a Jeep in one of the preshows. Possibly under the station. So there is definitely a Jeep tie in. Can't wait to see how they tie in a wood coaster to a steel themed world.

One thing i noticed though is that during WCB they said that the opening of TS:TR is supposed to be the same day as the movie. But the movie comes out on the 21st. And public opening is supposed to be the 23rd. I wonder if they just meant it was going to coincide with the movie coming out same day as media day