TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Official Theme Park Review CoasterTube Videos Thread!

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Clip played fine (& was great) but loaded pretty slowly despite being on ADSL and uncapped. Hmm....

^ Well, we will eventually make .mp4 versions of all the DVDs which are playable on ipod, iphone, PSP, and your PC/Mac using QuickTime Player, but I think doing a download of a 4.7gig file for a DVD quality version is not going to happen anytime soon.

Think about it, with all our DVDs being two disc sets, and we now have 13 volumes including the RAW discs, if someone wanted to download them ALL that would be about 125 gig download which would just kill our bandwidth!

So if you can live with the .mp4 quality for a download then I suggest grabbing those. (The Raw series are downloadable from the store now!)

--Robb

Out of curiosity, how much bandwidth is TPR allowed anyway and how much do you tend to actually use? Have you had a big jump since CoasterTube kicked off?

I'd hate to have to pay those bills. Think I'll stick to MySpace, Facebook, Twitter and DeviantArt Won't be sent broke that way... don't have a cool job like yours.

Seems to be working fine for me Robb.

As for the trips themselves I'm hoping to eventually go on one myself, and the Japan trip looked like it was a blast! Working full time this summer and through the school year (paid internships are AWESOME) hopefully I'll be able to afford a trip for 2011!

James

So I'm working on the "footage disc" for Coaster Expedition Vol 12 and I finished this coaster video that I just have to share with all of you....

[coastertube]http://www.themeparkreview.com/coastertube/play.php?vid=cometexpress_6e69[/coastertube]

"Comet Express" at Lotte World is the most bizarre, wacked-out "spinning Coaster" I've ever been on. Basically you get swallowed by a monster and then crapped out into "space" with UFO's and other space creatures all while spinning like crazy...yeah!

Most people hear about the Aqua Trax or the Indiana Jones rip-off because they are awesome, but this is an equally awesome ride that never gets mentioned....until now!

Enjoy!

--Robb

That was a rollercoaster?!?!? Looked like just a really fast dark ride to me. Obviously you can't see much in the video, but are there any "hills" on this ride?

Very strange and unique looking. Or as the kids say, "NEATO!"

That was a rollercoaster?!?!? Looked like just a really fast dark ride to me. Obviously you can't see much in the video, but are there any "hills" on this ride?

You can see a pretty good layout of it here:

I've heard some people say they *think* it may be powered, but having been on it several times now it feels like it may be powered by a tire-drive system to the top of that first helix (on the left hand side of the picture) but it absolutely feels gravity driven the rest of the way. You can certainly feel it hit the brakes at the end.

Either way though, this ride is totally INSANE!

--Robb

^ Um...why would it not count. It's a roller coaster..duh!

^^ Yeah the effects are GREAT! Very, very well done. Basically, this coaster has kind of been left in the shadows of Atlantis Adventure (AquaTrax), but there are some other VERY cool rides at Lotte World!

This park probably has some of the best dark rides (both in theming and technology) outside of a Disney or Universal park.

--Robb