TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

TR: Knott's Berry Farm 3-14-09

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't say exactly, but quite simply the ride needed a break. A lot of things did get touched up though during the downtime however. Including some painting, lights replaced, and some new landscaping. So, it being down this long wasn't a complete lost. ^Yes, I do like my job.

You do realize that you are already dangerously close (if not already in violation) to breaking your NDA just by posting what you have, right?

You (and your friends that you give info to) should not be posting any information that is not public information. Or even hinting that you know and can't say anything. If the park tells you to say "it's down for a rehab...they are working real hard, but don't have an ETR" (or whatever they instruct you to say to guests), that is all you should be saying and telling your friends. Anything else can get you in trouble.

^As far as I can see, what I said was visually available to the public. Anyone can go into the park and see exactly what I said, and I don't believe that "secret" information was given by any means. I know what I can and can not say, but thank you for your concern.

I went to Knotts today hoping on a slight prayer Xcel mightve re-opened.

As you can see the massive spring break crowds have arrived...btw this pic was taken around 12:30 in the afternoon.

=(

Ive been to Knotts 5 times and have yet to see any coaster have the demand for 2 trains.

Silver Bullet was actually running really well, the corkscrews were intense and the helix made my legs numb.

And yeah....that was pretty much it. A train was sitting behind the station and the rest of the ride was just sitting there with no activity in the area.

Queue roof covers!!!! Biggest news ever.

Was pretty funny seeing all these people running through the queue trying to avoid the water falling down from the flume.

PP had the only line in the park which was like 20-30 minutes with 1 boat operation.

Sucks for those people.

Crosed.

For all their Texas clientele.

A wall.

Uhh....yeah

And the best part about Knotts when Xcel is closed...leaving.

Queue covers... ah so that's what those things are..

One train?! Are you serious? UGH @___@

Oh well, I'll be happy to be there nonetheless.

Ah yes, and ghost rider fans (or foes)! After the work that's been done on the ride, is it more smooth? A lot of people tell me it's better, some tell me it's worse.. one told me it's like riding a jackhammer...

Ah yes, and ghost rider fans (or foes)! After the work that's been done on the ride, is it more smooth? A lot of people tell me it's better, some tell me it's worse.. one told me it's like riding a jackhammer...

When I went on GhostRider, it seemed like it was not as jerky as it has been previously, but there is a lot more vibration in some parts of the ride. Personally, I don't mind the vibration as much as getting thrown side to side. Overall it seems to be a little smoother than before, but if you want the smoothest ride go on it first thing before it has a chance to warm up. The ride feels like it goes about ten percent faster by the end of the day (although I doubt it really speeds up that much).

By the way, does anyone know when they added the exit gate and changed the lapbars on GhostRider? I assumed it was during the recent rehab but I could be wrong. I certainly don't remember them when I visited back in November.

Its hard to say, sometimes its good sometimes it blows. I went on it one day and it was not very rough and an overall great ride then the next week went on the same train it beat the crap out of me and sucked balls.

I visited the park as a guest today with hopes that xcel could be up but it wasn't. I did see them testing it a few times but that was about it.

As for roughness on coasters, Ghostrider seemed a lot smoother than before, but it still is a wooden coaster so it is going to be rough. The ride that shocked me was Silver Bullet. I know that ride used to be very smooth no matter what seat that you sit in, but today I sat towards the back and it is getting pretty rough for a steel coaster.

I went to Knotts today hoping on a slight prayer Xcel mightve re-opened.

Ive been to Knotts 5 times and have yet to see any coaster have the demand for 2 trains.

You must have some good luck because most of my visits tend to be when they need 2 trains, but only run 1. Then again on the rides that do have multiple trains, they tend to stack anyway regardless if is designed to or not.

You must have some good luck because most of my visits tend to be when they need 2 trains, but only run 1. Then again on the rides that do have multiple trains, they tend to stack anyway regardless if is designed to or not.

Become a ride op, have guests who are too short, too fat, or are just obnoxiously annoying, and then talk to me about stacking.

I work Pony Express, and, due to how short the ride is, we have to stack. Makes it even worse when guests aren't following rules, etc.

• 2 weeks later...

Stopped in for a bit today and rode Xcelerator 7x and left....so it was a very good visit .

SB was actually running 2 trains....but one of them was being sent out empty every time (its probably been awhile since its ran 2 so it needs cycles).

Yea I was there today around 2pm and it was very empty. Everything was almost a walk on (at least when I hit the rides). The park looked really clean and tidy. It was a great day and was able to finish the park in 4 hours (With mutiple rides on each coaster). So my streak continues with having no crowds when I head over to Knott's around this time of year. By the way Silver Bullet did use the second train for passengers in the afternoon. Very enjoyable day at Knott's, Snoopy made me very happy today.

By the way I couldn't find that elusive 10th coaster kiddos. I did ride the Mine Train, which did have a lift in the middle of the ride, but the ride is still powered so I'll keep looking for that #10 coaster...

I was there for spring break a week ago, and the ride ops at Xcel were great! They let me get some extra ride time with just my friends after the park closed, it was awesome!!

The ride began overheating at the end of the day but they got the clear for one more go and we almost short shot the first hill. I have never experienced that before and I really want to, so I was a little disappointed we made it over. But anyways, the final brake run stopped us completely and we had to chill on the track for like 15 minutes. I took a video of the ride when we were stuck, be cool I got ride op approval first.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wXYvsA6v00&feature=channel_page

I have to say though, the Xcel ride op crew was the best I have experienced. I took a bunch of pictures, but I think the socal parks have been TR'ed enough.

^^First, thank you for that comment on the Xcel crew. We try our best to send the trains out as quickly as possible.

^^^Janet is awesome. A very nice person to talk to. There is one person who I miss though and not sure if he'll come back, and that would be Martin. Man, that guy was simply funny.