SFNO/Jazzland Discussion Thread

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
"Been Around The World And Realized Only Stupid People Are Breeding"

Postby packfanlv » Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:36 pm

^^Wow JJ. Thanks for all of the hard work and research. I can't believe the grammatical errors in his postings. I still wish that I had visited SFNO before the hurricane, but you can't win them all.
I write about how to travel the world for pennies on the dollar at Miles To Memories!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ginzo » Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:33 pm

BeemerBoy wrote:^ I'm literally in awe of that post.

Yes, I'd agree that "tool" is a pretty good description.

I'm still blaming the crack.
"There's nothing wrong with it. It just needs some tweaking,"

Bubbles!

Postby ParkTrips » Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:34 pm

Makes sense, crack is pretty big in the nola

Keeper Of The Carnivorous Bees!

Postby Meteornotes » Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:55 pm

Once again, Jeff Johnson shows us the way. Just amazing.

Give it up. SFNO is NEVER going to re-open. The park would have failed anyway. It's just not a good location for a park.

dt
Always trying to keep YOU entertained! Now with more Ice Bat!
The world would be a better place if Dave programmed our iPods - Derwood

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:00 pm

Just think how many times Jeff has seen New Orleans flood in his long, long life!

Obviously he knows what he's talking about from experience...lots and lots of experience!

;)

Bubbles!

Postby ParkTrips » Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:38 pm

I think that was a perfect set up for a Noah joke, since he also lived 900 something years, but it's almost too easy.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby downunder » Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:59 pm

There's two types of people in the corporate world, the ones who understand what they don't manage, and the one's who manage what they don't understand.

In my professional life, it never ceases to amaze me how stupid some higher ups are. Mostly it's more about who you you know not what you know but these types sometimes wind up in jail when they try hiding their ineptitude from the balance when business conditions become challenging.

I think investment in SFNO would be unwise, and I'm glad the idiot's didn't get the money to do it unlike HRP, which was incredibly near sighted.

Lady Rhinoceroses Ate Homosexual Coffee in New Orleans

Postby The Alex » Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:38 pm

Jeff Johnson, you have convinced me.
The more I look back, the less I believe this.

Whatevs, I'll post whatever happens for the review of the board.
Have a good one!
Alex

I just made a donkey in No Limits!

Postby IStillPlayRCT2 » Sat Feb 21, 2009 4:19 pm

I dont think our park will reopen but here is another statement from the SFNO fansite from Danny Rogers.

Dear Reader;
After some soul searching, and much time to consider what is at stake, I have once again started down the long road to try and save the park. I know this will not be an easy task, nothing worth doing ever is. There are a few things I want to make very clear right from the start.
1. The City Government will not be easy to convince that this is in there best interest.
2. As of today there is no funding other then what I am placing into the fight.
3.The Park has been hurt by not only the Storm but Six Flags as well as Vandals.
4. The cost to just reopen the gates will come in at at least 35 Million Dollars for "STAGE ONE"
5. The Park can be reopened for the spring of 2010
6. This will require a GRASS ROOTS call to action! I am making that call.
7. Sponsors for the park must be found, companies or persons who are willing to spend money in support of rebuilding the Park, in exchange for consideration in advertising or other considerations (like but not limited to a company day at the park)
8.A Volunteers Group needs to be formed. (Friends of the Park or the like)

The list is long but I think I have made my point. I can not do this alone as I do not have the backing of a company like AMVEST as of now however I am looking.

If you wish to be of help in what ever way you can reach me at southernstarltd@att.net

If you want your park back consider what you can do to make it happen.

Thanks
Danny R Rogers
Southern Star Ltd.

and here's another one.

Good news I have some one who may be of help with the backing, keep your fingers crossed we will see.
Thanks
Danny
SSA

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby Shavethewhales » Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:01 pm

This is just painful to watch. Someone needs to sit down with this guy and point out how utterly ridiculous he is acting in attempting to start a multi-million dollar venture by writing a few childish forum posts and begging people to waste their time helping him.

I'm not saying the concept of revising the park in some form or fashion is out of the question, but this guy is just making a laughing stock out of the whole idea.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!