Shane's Amusement Attic

Update:1998 Fiesta Texas 10 year master plan that never was.
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Postby BlackHole2005 » Sat Feb 14, 2009 2:17 pm

Cheers for these man, It's really interesting looking at all the old pictures of parks and stuff. It's a bit of a contrast to how the parks are run today though, some people could say it's a good thing that they are run like they are today but some could say it's a bad thing. But either way it's interesting to see some of the parks history.

Cheers,
BlackHole2006

"Can I get clamshells out of this ATM?"

Postby montezooma » Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:00 am

EBL wrote:Nice stuff, Shane. But it only serves to remind me that it's been almost seven years since I've been to this park.

I need to go back.

Eric

Yes seven years is WAY to long. This is a park that I try to visit at least every other year, I sure hope that the greatness of this park and the Busch Gardens in VA is not lost with the new ownership whoever it might be.

I am still keeping my fingers crossed the the Busch Family retains the parks.
Check out Season 5 of
Shane's Amusement Attic
NOW PLAYING
New Season, New Posts, New Logo...Old Stuff!

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby thrillerman1 » Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:55 am

Only 7 years? It has been 7 plus about 20 more years since I've been to BGA. I loved it way back in the 80's, but I'm not sure I'd recognize the place now. I really need to get back to FL...once Potterland opens.

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby stevenpensacola » Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:48 am

denning wrote:I do not know what is more impressive the socks pulled up so high or the shirt.

Wow.

those socks made me throw up in my mouth a little...

Full Fledged Meat Enthusiast!

Location: Phoenix, AZ, San Mateo, CA, A Southwest 737, a Continental 737, A United 737...

Postby QueerRudie » Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:15 pm

WONDERFUL!

Now to throw a 'challenge' out to the TPR community...

MANY MANY Years ago, Busch Gardens released some -great- promo films about both parks... featuring rides pre-dating 1990....

I HAD both on VHS prior to a fire which wiped out most of my collection of stuff, sadly. They were very entertaining films (about 15 minutes each) about each park and it's rides/attractions. The 'old' Learning Channel (Prior to Discovery Networks takevoer) showed them quite regularly- and had some of the best 'in park' stuff around- including on-ride footage of (At tampa) Scorpion, Python and Congo river Rapids and (At Williamsburg) 'Nessie' and "Big Bad Wolf"-

So... HAS ANYBODY SEEN THEM???

(The gauntlet has been thrown down!)

Screamin Demon

Postby montezooma » Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:00 pm

Screamin' Demon

This ride is one of my favorite rides from the past. It was the first Arrow Shuttle Loop I rode on my first visit to Kings Island back in 1979. This is the original footage I shot back in 1979. You can tell I was fascinated with this ride as I shot it from every possible angle. I t was beautiful at night with the different lighting patterns.

Click to download video to your computer or iPod/iPhone

Check out Season 5 of
Shane's Amusement Attic
NOW PLAYING

the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"

Postby ratdogg68 » Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:25 pm

I loved The Screamin Demon, I was always afraid it might not stop on the other side.
Let the Riding begin

Captain Coaster Nerd!!

Postby JamesMC » Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:52 am

Screamin' Demon was the first MAJOR coaster I ever rode. Quite a thrill- back in August of '78 (I was nine at the time, and the biggest thing I'd ever been on prior to that was a Mad Mouse).

Lots of fond memories for me.

Texas State Fair Comet

Postby montezooma » Sat Feb 21, 2009 7:44 am

Texas State Fair Comet

All you Dallas locals and older coaster fans should remember this GREAT old ride from the State Fair. It had those great silver NAD trains. Too bad this ride did not survive. It was always the highlight of the fair.

Click to download video to your computer or iPod/iPhone

Check out Season 5 of
Shane's Amusement Attic
NOW PLAYING

Born when stamps were 2 cents

Postby OldJJman » Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:49 am

^Very nice Shane!

I'm wondering - with those very heavy NAD trains and the video, it looks as if this was a front seat ride with extreme air in 1.1 and 1.3. Maybe some extended floater air in the back row on the drops, especially the second hill, and the hill after the first turn-around.

I can only base this guess on the video and the only other ride (I think) that I've ridden with NAD trains, Colossus (when it opened). As in, short INSTANT slam into the lap bars and back down just as hard!

Does that sound about right?

JJ

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!