TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Liseberg Discussion Thread

Cirkusexpressen (The Zierer Tiovli Coaster) will be replaced with a Zierer Force Two coaster, however, i don´t know of any name or themeing yet.

As for the Rainbow, it´s been scrapped (as said) but they don´t have any plans on replacing it with something for the 2009 season. Maybe a small "last-minute-kiddie-ride-installation" will be made.

I hate to tell you this, but Kulingen, the remainings of my so beloved Aerovarvet (Intamin Space Shuttle) is also being removed. There´s a chance it will be sold to another european park, otherwise, Liseberg will Scrap it and I HATE THEM FOR THAT!

They won´t replace it either so 2009 means 2 less rides *sighs*

We´ll just have to wait and see what 2010 can bring us since Hang Hai doesn´t make me river dance if i say so...

/ Robert

^ Where have you heard these rumors? sources?

And if they are really removing Kulingen then I will be celebrating since that's the biggest waste of space in the park.

In 2010 they are said to start building on the new section of the park so we can only hope that they are going to build something special. They have permission and space to build something in the size of a BTMR clone there...

Kulingen - first few trips never tried it cause none of my kids were tall enough and the swing boat motion rides can mess me up a lot. Last visit my eldest was old enough and the time of the ride against the time to get loaded , well it was poor and not worth the short wait.

Cirkusexpressen - good job our youngest has graduated to Lisebergbanan, or there would be tears over this rumour. Was always a favorite with our kids. As soon as the ride was over a sprint round through the tunnel and q for next time.

This was first time in 8years we have not made it to Liseberg in August, wont make that mistake in 2009. Always a fun break.

• 4 weeks later...

Update time!

Now that the Christmas season at Liseberg have opened, my brother got some pictures of the construction going on. He even got confirmation that Cirkus Expressen will be removed after Christmas to make room for the new unannounced coaster.

Tornado is gone!!

It's just hanging out by it's old location for now.

From inside the park.

Peaking over the fence.

Last few weeks for Cirkus Expressen.

Yay, construction marker!!

New Footer possibly.

Until next time my brother go to Liseberg.

• 4 weeks later...

It's official now!!

Cirkus Expressen is going next year, and will be replaced with: Rabalder!!

Manufacturer: Zierer (Tyskland).

Length: 222 meter.

Height: 9 meter.

Ride-Time: 90 seconds.

Passengers: 20 Persons.

Capacity: 450 people/hour.

Length limit: Above 1.1 meters alone, 0.9-1.1 meter with adult.

Source (Swedish)

^ The coaster will be completely new. It looks like they are rejuvenating their rides, much of the old stuff have been removed now.

There is another S.D.C Galactica (Tornado) at Fuji-Q that I'm aware of. But as you say, there isn't as many of them as you would think.

Thanks for the updates, Loefet!

Rabalder , funky name.

Sounds like a word play of Rabarber (rhubarb), then again rabalder also sounds somewhat familiar just don't remember from where though.

I'm a bit surprised that they built a new coaster in that spot, but hey, new credit!

Hopefully will get there again next year, having missed out this year.

from the picture, new coaster has new entrance location as well.

that should help as where the current entrance is on a busy did could get crowded with parents waiting for kids to finish the ride. New platform location will hopefully make the walk way quiter as people will be hanging around the larger open area.

• 2 weeks later...

that's kind of sad. it was my first coaster an I remember riding it with my mother and screamed like a baby (oh, I was a baby! )

but nothing lasts forever... hope the new coaster will be as good or better, but I must say: I really like those Zierer tivoli-coasters.

• 1 month later...

It's really sad to see my old friend Lisebergsexpressen gone, yet I'm very excited about both Rabalder and HangHai (especially the last). I think Liseberg's done a good job by re-inventing themselves with some new rides replacing old ones. Now that world economy isn't so great, I really belive it is clever of them to get new and interesting rides to attract people with.

It's a shame to get the news that Tornado and Kulingen will be gone now, but still, it's not like they removed Spin Rock or Jukebox, THEN I'd be mad!

• 3 weeks later...

^ If they remove Spinn-Rock then I will get pretty pissed, since it's probably the best flat in the park, and also one of the better ones of that type of rides.

Update time!!

No steel on Hang Hai yet, but the surroundings are staring to look really good.

Close up.

Rabalder area.

Close up, But hey!! There is track installed!!

Also Liseberg have updated their homepage with prices for the 2009 season.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...