Shane's Amusement Attic

Update:1998 Fiesta Texas 10 year master plan that never was.
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
"Can I get clamshells out of this ATM?"

Kid's World Marriott's Great America

Postby montezooma » Mon Jan 05, 2009 8:19 am

To celebrate the arrival of TPR TV, and even my own channel, Shane's Amusement Attic on TPR TV. I have really opened up the vaults of Shane's Retro VCR. I want to share one of my most favorite video collections, 9 episodes from a program back in the 1970's called Kid's World and then I am going to follow that up with a program that appeared on E! titled "Theme Parks A Go-Go" So sit back for the next two weeks and enjoy these exclusive mini series brought to you daily by Shane's Amusement Attic and TPR TV!

Kid's World: Marriott's Great America.

In this episode of Kid's World the three early coasters of Marriott's Great America in Gurnee are featured. There is some great footage of the Turn of the Century before it was converted to the Demon. Also notice that Willard's Whizzer has over 70 banked turns...I think the reporter missed one important word..."degree"
[tprtv]http://www.themeparkreview.com/coastertube/play.php?vid=KidsWorldGreatAmerica[/tprtv]
Check out Season 5 of
Shane's Amusement Attic
NOW PLAYING
New Season, New Posts, New Logo...Old Stuff!

Full Fledged Meat Enthusiast!

Location: Phoenix, AZ, San Mateo, CA, A Southwest 737, a Continental 737, A United 737...

Postby QueerRudie » Mon Jan 05, 2009 4:56 pm

Man... Talk about VINTAGE!

I remember KidsWorld doing a number of 'theme park' segments over the years; this one I'd not seen- But I (VAGUELY) remember one where they had a 'Chicken Exit' on a particular coaster. (I might screw this one up- but I think it was Worlds Of Fun; I am most likely wrong on that one...)

Any more out there Shane?

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby cycamps » Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:47 pm

That was great! Thanks a lot for posting that. I appreciate any chance I have to see vintage SFGAm footage.

Postby montezooma » Mon Jan 05, 2009 6:22 pm

QueerRudie wrote:Man... Talk about VINTAGE!

I remember KidsWorld doing a number of 'theme park' segments over the years; this one I'd not seen- But I (VAGUELY) remember one where they had a 'Chicken Exit' on a particular coaster. (I might screw this one up- but I think it was Worlds Of Fun; I am most likely wrong on that one...)

Oh yeah, I have 9 segments from this program. Check in daily for the next week, I will have a new one for you each day. Tomorrow, Screamin' Eagle.
Check out Season 5 of
Shane's Amusement Attic
NOW PLAYING

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby sk8erboiyugi » Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:34 pm

QueerRudie wrote:Man... Talk about VINTAGE!

You are correct sir! Orient Express had it. FYI It's now located on Timber Wolf.

Does Jeff Johnson count this donkey as a credit?

Postby Rideslover » Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:23 pm

Great video that i rode whizzer when i was a kid in Santa Clara. I haven't go to Gurnee, IL but maybe i could go to Six Flags Great America on summer time.

Postby montezooma » Tue Jan 06, 2009 8:32 am

^^ Unfortunately I do not have the World's of Fun episode, I missed that one. Here are the episodes I do have:

Marriott's Great America
Screamin' Eagle
Loch Ness Monster
Revolution
Colossus
Jet Scream at Six Flags over Mid-America
Cinerama Coaster
Big Bend
The Beast
Check out Season 5 of
Shane's Amusement Attic
NOW PLAYING

Postby montezooma » Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:45 am

Kid's World: Screamin' Eagle

Here is another segment from Kid's World that highlights the Screamin' Eagle at Six Flags Mid-America. At the time it held the record for the biggest, fastest, tallest, blah, blah, blah. Almost as fun as watching these retro coaster clips is watching the kids doing the interviews.

[tprtv]http://www.themeparkreview.com/coastertube/play.php?vid=KidsWorldScreaminEagle[/tprtv]
Check out Season 5 of
Shane's Amusement Attic
NOW PLAYING

Postby montezooma » Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:48 am

If you enjoyed my post on Intamin's 1st generation Free Falls then you MUST check out this site:

http://www.greatadventurehistory.com/Freefall.htm

I don't know who runs this Great Adventure History site but it is top notch and full of GREAT things from this park.
Check out Season 5 of
Shane's Amusement Attic
NOW PLAYING

Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Postby Olsor » Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:09 pm

The interviewer in the Screamin' Eagle clip reminds me of Michael Cera.

Great stuff, Shane!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!